Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

River Floats around the Austin area - Help please!!

2,972 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Windy City Ag
NumberEinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, We're looking to take some visiting family on a float this Monday. It's been awhile since we've been. Last time water levels were low and it was painfully slow. Anybody go recently? Recommendations on a float no further south than New Braunfels that has decent flow, allows beer, and would be scenic for visiting family? Please email your comments/suggestions to alexvonr at gmail dot com. Thank you in advance!! Alex
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
C Loves L
Take it to the lazy River board
MouthBQ98
AG
Your choices in that area are basically the Comal and Guadalupe, or maybe the San Marcos. There are other streams and rivers but none really has the flow to be regularly tubeable.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
The Comal is a great float right now.
bmorton
AG
If you have younger kids, go Comal. It's a consistent 4', also shaded, and A bus will pick u up and bring you back. I recommend starting at the beginning for the longest float. I ambtaking my fam in July.

I've also floated in Wimberly, but I will do that when my kids are a bit older.
ILuvAgLand
Do the comal. Rent a tube and cooler at landa falls
Windy City Ag
AG
Comal most def. It is the gentile and less stupid version of the Gaudalupe run.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.