Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Prediction pulse June of 2017

6,617 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 16Ag18
TXAG14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
5-7. Sumlin go bye bye.
OrygunAg
AG
Soon we will be getting fresh slow mo episodes of The Pulls. Can't wait.
SECTAMU#1
6 - 6 in 2017
16Ag18
AG
cmsaggie12 said:

vander54 said:

GoodOldAgs said:

7aggiefan4life said:

10-2 losses to Alabama and Auburn

Care to tell me what alcoholic beverage has you in such high spirits?

10-2 is about as reasonable as 5-7.

I would actually give 10-2 a slightly better chance of happening although I highly doubt it will.

Lol to anyone who thinks we have a chance against LSU in Baton Rouge. Guice is going to drag his nuts over everyone on the defense for 3 hours.
that is exactly what they said in 2012 when we had to play Alabama in Alabama
ashley
If we don't have a qb come through I'm afraid it'll be 7-5. I'm afraid we won't.
S.A. Aggie
AG
wash, rinse, repeat.
trm94
AG
Calling it now ...

5-7 is the record this year. Sumlin fired, Chad Morris is the replacement, and major changes this offseason. Nothing will be announced though until after November early signing period.

I'm pretty damned confident in my predictions
MR Gadsden
I'm still holding out for The Old Ball Coach.
cmsaggie12
AG
7aggiefan4life said:

cmsaggie12 said:

vander54 said:

GoodOldAgs said:

7aggiefan4life said:

I would actually give 10-2 a slightly better chance of happening although I highly doubt it will.

Lol to anyone who thinks we have a chance against LSU in Baton Rouge. Guice is going to drag his nuts over everyone on the defense for 3 hours.

Perhaps you forgot that Guice ran for 285 yds last November. Perhaps you forgot this team is allergic to prosperity. When the moment is at the highest, with the most pressure, this team folds like a cheap tent.

2012 was the exception, not the rule. A once in a lifetime QB, the greatest in school history, won in Tuscaloosa with the conference championship and national championship already out of reach. This team was not expected to win that game.

Now this past season, ranked #4 on the road at Miss State, at home against Ole Miss and LSU, this team was expected to win. They were expected to deliver.

The 2016 season rivals the 2011 season as the most pathetic and embarrassing season I have witnessed. 6-0 on the year, 4-0 in conference play and this team finished 8-4??!! With a loss on the road to Miss State and home losses to Ole Miss and LSU. Are you kidding me?
cmsaggie12
AG
Don't forget that Miss State lost to South Alabama. Don't forget that after beating Tennessee on Oct 8th to go 6-0, this team won 2 more games the rest of the season to New Mexico State and UTSA.

Don't keep on waiting around for the 2012 season to happen again. Don't hold your breath.

This is an average program with average coaching and average talent. This is not a top tier program. Accept it.
16Ag18
AG
cmsaggie12 said:

7aggiefan4life said:

cmsaggie12 said:

vander54 said:

GoodOldAgs said:

7aggiefan4life said:

Perhaps you forgot that Guice ran for 285 yds last November. Perhaps you forgot this team is allergic to prosperity. When the moment is at the highest, with the most pressure, this team folds like a cheap tent.

2012 was the exception, not the rule. A once in a lifetime QB, the greatest in school history, won in Tuscaloosa with the conference championship and national championship already out of reach. This team was not expected to win that game.

Now this past season, ranked #4 on the road at Miss State, at home against Ole Miss and LSU, this team was expected to win. They were expected to deliver.

The 2016 season rivals the 2011 season as the most pathetic and embarrassing season I have witnessed. 6-0 on the year, 4-0 in conference play and this team finished 8-4??!! With a loss on the road to Miss State and home losses to Ole Miss and LSU. Are you kidding me?
True but i blame that on depth and that will be a lot better this year.

A couple of things
Myles Garrett was hurt, Armani Watts got hurt, Priest Willis got hurt, Trevor Knight got hurt and a couple of other key players that is why we lost. Of course we started strong we were at full strength but that is the case every year. I dont think its because we fold under pressure e.g Tennessee i think its because our lack of depth that past couple of years has killed us in the latter part of the season.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
I have no idea.

I have low expectations -- this typically leads to more happiness regarding A&M football than high expectations.

I will enjoy the wins and ignore the losses.

I will bring my 10 year old son to a game at Kyle Field. Win or lose, we will have fun.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
4ZORRO
AG
Best 7-5
Worst 5-7
P.C. Principal
6-6

It's hard to get excited for Aggie football when we finish last season with so many completely inexcusable losses. This team has less talent, and there's not much reason to be optimistic.
Maroon Dawn
AG
6-6 likely

5-8 or 7-5 also possible

vander54
S
Worst: 6-6
Best: 9-3

Most likely: 7-5 or 8-4
WoodlandsTX
Early Bowl Projections

Looks like 5-7 per above.
technoviking
AG
Guys, please include your coaching projections as well. Thanks
WoodlandsTX
trm94 said:

Calling it now ...

5-7 is the record this year. Sumlin fired, Chad Morris is the replacement, and major changes this offseason. Nothing will be announced though until after November early signing period.

I'm pretty damned confident in my predictions
Early signing period begins November 2019. Confidence crushed.
MD20/20
AG
If we go to UCLA and get a win and establish a qb with a solid hold on the starting job, we could go 10-2.
But, if we go out there and lay an egg and a qb argument gets started we could wind up like the Allen/Slider year only with more losses. Also, if we lose a particularly embarrassing game early, Sumlin......well.
I'm hopeful one of the two young qb's really shines in camp and we get it going early.
PlanoAg79
AG
6-6, and that's being optimistic. We go 3-1 in non-conference, and I'm having a hard time finding 3 conference wins. Most likely wins are USCe and Mississippi State. Where is the 3rd win? Arkansas possibly. Auburn, no. Ol Miss, not at their place.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see how anyone can predict 8-4 or better. Starting QB will either be a kid that hasn't played a down of college football or a guy that couldn't beat a bad Ol Miss team at home.

Sumlin? 50-50 he is fired with a 6-6 record. May depend on how well young players perform in the second half of the season. Gotta show the future looks good.
BanderaAg956
technoviking said:

7-6 after a bowl; 3-5 in the SEC,

Coaching, very little
technoviking
AG
drevans956 said:

technoviking said:

7-6 after a bowl; 3-5 in the SEC,

Coaching, very little

Thanks

NattyOrBust
AG
snowmnag970 said:

NATTY OR BUST

Can I help you?
libertyag
AG
Worst: 4-8
Best 6-6

Sumlin gone and we go with Dad's coach in a cost-saving move.
tk for tu juan
In a strange twist, we lose the first five games and then win eight straight, leaving fans puzzled at what to do with the coaching staff after another 8-5 record.
OldArmy91
AG
tk for tu juan said:

In a strange twist,
We hire a proven coach instead of an unproven wannabe. Said coach almost as brash as Jackie...

Calling 5-7 and a hire no one sees coming, Chip Kelly.

IF the usual clowns make another jogging buddy decision, the loss in revenue will be more than Saban money.

(5-4-3-2-1....enter bayside....no way ever that will happen)
technoviking
AG
Wasn't an article just written about chip Kelly going to a&m
OldArmy91
AG
technoviking said:

Wasn't an article just written about chip Kelly going to a&m
Yeah, probably because there's only one proven candidate out there. Any other university with the money, he'd be the logical choice. But, I've got decades of BAS under my belt after Jackie, so I won't be surprised with another poor hire.
technoviking
AG
That makes me sad
hsalley
8-4... Until I see something otherwise.
heddy Lamarr
AG
10-2 regular season with wins v

Auburn
Arkansas
Miss
Miss St
S. Carolina
LSU
UCLA
N State
L-Laf
New Mexico

Starkel is the guy but we see lots of Mond so we don't struggle late with an injury at QB that costs us games. We end up with a big play running attack and Ag fans are truly surprised at how well our entire receiving corps operates within the offense and how well they technically execute their position While Ags are worried pre-season at the drop off at DE we are surprised at the speed and physicality of our LB corps for next year and, if they stay healthy, we will have an elite secondary. Cunningham will surprise at DE

and yes, we win at LSU, the Coach O system will come to life midway through the season.

and I think we just miss out in Gainesville.
2thFixinAg
16Ag18
AG
heddy Lamarr said:

10-2 regular season with wins v

Auburn
Arkansas
Miss
Miss St
S. Carolina
LSU
UCLA
N State
L-Laf
New Mexico

Starkel is the guy but we see lots of Mond so we don't struggle late with an injury at QB that costs us games. We end up with a big play running attack and Ag fans are truly surprised at how well our entire receiving corps operates within the offense and how well they technically execute their position While Ags are worried pre-season at the drop off at DE we are surprised at the speed and physicality of our LB corps for next year and, if they stay healthy, we will have an elite secondary. Cunningham will surprise at DE

and yes, we win at LSU, the Coach O system will come to life midway through the season.

and I think we just miss out in Gainesville.

I feel like you and I are the only ones that agree on 10-2 but I have us losing to Auburn instead of Florida. I think our defense is a pleasant surprise and ranks in the top 5 in both rushing and passing. I think our O-Line drastically improves and we run the ball really well. Starkel or Mond step up and lead us to some close big wins and we finally get over the LSU stump
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.