Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Prediction pulse June of 2017

6,611 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 16Ag18
technoviking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i'm trying to get a pulse on the zoo's take on what's going to happen on the aggieland football scene in the near future. what win-loss record do you see the ags attaining and what corresponding coaching moves or non moves will be made this year?

My prediction is that the aggies win and lose games they shouldn't: i'm going with Florida as the win and arkansas as the loss. all other games will occur as most folks have predicted for a final record of 6-6. we get a bowl game at the birmingham bowl and play coog high. before the bowl game though it is announced that kevin sumlin will not be coaching at a&m any longer. the players come together for sumlin and defeat major and the coogs soundly with the chief as the interim head coach. chad morris is announced as the new head coach.

my hope is that sumlin is retained. i hinge that hope on what we're seeing on the offensive line front. jim turner has recruited well before and furthermore coached players to a 1st round draft level before. he looks to be doing the same right now. not having a suitable offensive line for the SEC has been one of the main ailments of the last 2/3rds of the sumlin era. he's addressed it and there is a positive push on that front. unfortunately, i do not believe turner or sumlin is going to be given enough time to see the fruits of their labor. i would be singing a different tune if the frontrunner for the job wasn't chad morris. he may be a good coach, and i understand he's an aggie; but, i think he would be eaten alive in the SEC west. if the frontrunner for a coaching replacement were a guy like jim fuente, i would be much more comfortable with the prospect of sumlin leaving.

what are you guy's w-l and coaching move predictions?
Flashdiaz
AG
was hoping this was information on the new 2017 season of the Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulse
2006EE
AG
5-7
EKG1996
AG
If defense plays well and qb doesn't turn the ball over we should be pretty good (8-4 or 9-3).

If defense plays like last year then we will most likely be 7-5 or worse.
Rice and Fries
NATTY OR BUST
Tamu_mgm
AG
Pains me to say it, but I think we go 8-4 again with losses to Auburn, LSU, Bama, and either Arky / Ole Miss. I think we win one we aren't supposed to (Florida) and lose one we aren't supposed to (Arky / Ole Miss).

Sumlin will put something together at QB that is serviceable. Our run game will be better this year, which will off-set the lack of experience at WR, but will produce about the same results overall offensively. The defense will be about the same, BUT if our run game is better, our defense benefits more from it.
wheelz
AG
I think we win 1 out of Auburn, lsu and bama. It's the UCLA & Arkie games that are going to decide 8-4 or 9-3.

I hope our AD is smart enough to see the direction our team, coaching staff & recruiting is heading right now and offer Sumlin an extension. Erase the hotseat talk and you remove the only tool other coaches have to recruit against us.
2thFixinAg
7 or 8 wins. probably 8.
not because we will be good but because Auburn, arkansas, ole miss and Miss state are just as bad as we are. UCLA was horrible last year. and we play SC yet again. and of course the 3 short bus schools.

The only true underdog games will be bama, lsu and florida.

should beat UCLA and arkansas. if he doesn't sumlin will be gone probably before November.

Pylon Cam
AG
7 or 8 regular season wins
Alabama and LSU are losses. I think we lose to Florida and Auburn, but we have a decent shot. Arkansas could be the deciding game, as Sumlin is on the rocks. The decision to keep or retain him will be based off of whether we collapse in the second half of the season, recruiting momentum, and how we look in our losses.

If he is fired, please don't hire someone like Chad Morris or Larry Fedora.
Hamburger Dan
7-5. At least with two WTF losses.
Tamu_mgm
AG
If we lose to UCLA and Arky early, but rebound and somehow beat LSU, Ole Miss, and Auburn, I think that would be grounds to keep him. Would rather finish hot with a bowl win than start hot and fizzle.
cretzloff
AG
what world are you guys living on that we beat LSU this year? Not gonna happen.
bmiller
AG
We should have been at 9 or 10 wins last year in the regular season with the team that we had and all the talent on both sides of the ball. And should have been playing in the Sugar Bowl instead of Auburn playing there. We crapped the bed against Ole Miss and Mississippi State towards the end of the year ... which is inexcusable. And got blown out by LSU to end the regular season. With our favorable schedule last year, it set up very nicely for us. We failed miserably last year.

Sumlin has to win this year. This is it for him. He better produce. And he knows it.
CrottyKid
AG
7-5.
8-4 is doable.
9 wins, and I will send Sumlin a dozen roses.
10+ wins, impossible.
Ag4coal
Well, it's June.... so basically, team is really coming together this summer. Their really gelling well and and (insert QB) is really showing himself to be a true leader. It may not be the best year ever, but I think we'll surprise some people.

Now, once august rolls around, we'll be in full on NC talks
Spyderman
AG
5-7

Who the next coach will be..who knows.
Governor
AG
Prediction: We start the season 2-2 with losses to UCLA and Ark, but November we go 3-1 with wins against NM, Ole Miss, and Auburn (with a close lose @ LSU). Season record 7-5 plus bowl win against Texas (hehe). The point is we do get better as the season goes on as number of young players gain experience. And we keep Sumlin and the coaching staff together for one more year with 2018-19 being the absolute break year (9+ wins or else).

Worse Case, Worse Outcome: 6-6 record plus bowl lose with another November disaster. And we hire Chad Morris.(Do we really want another small program coach needing time to get up the SEC learning curve?)

Worse Case, Best Outcome: Same as above, but we hire Les Miles and most of the staff stays in place.
FishingAggie
Calling it now. We beat LSU this year.

Yes I've been drinking early today but I'm sticking to it.

Saves sumlin's job and all of us are estatic with that one win.

Go ahead. Bash away. Don't care. Bookmark it and let's bring it back up in November.
technoviking
AG
FishingAggie said:

Yes I've been drinking early today but I'm sticking to it.

Saves sumlin's job and all of us are estatic with that one win.

Go ahead. Bash away. Don't care. Bookmark it and let's bring it back up in November.
i hope you're right. there is a looooooooooong ways to go before november 25th
Joe Exotic
AG
Predictions at this point are silly.
FishingAggie
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Predictions at this point are silly.

So is drinking on the beach at 2:00pm
And your point is........
technoviking
AG
So is Daffy Duck, but he's fun to watch.
Governor
AG
Its the summer doldrums, nothing wrong with having a little fun to fill in the time. No one is taking this seriously, at least hope not...
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
7-5

I have never understood the allure of Chad Morris.
FishingAggie
Governor said:

Its the summer doldrums, nothing wrong with having a little fun to fill in the time. No one is taking this seriously, at least hope not...

You're joking right?

The world begins and ends on texags. Hell, the next coach gets hired here. The zoo only gets the ad's approval to make it look good lol
16Ag18
AG
10-2 losses to Alabama and Auburn
tjack16
AG
we start 5-0 and finish 7-5

looking at the schedule, I actually see this playing out ^
AG
5-7, 6-6 at best.
GoodOldAgs
7aggiefan4life said:

Care to tell me what alcoholic beverage has you in such high spirits?
vander54
S
GoodOldAgs said:

7aggiefan4life said:

10-2 is about as reasonable as 5-7.

I would actually give 10-2 a slightly better chance of happening although I highly doubt it will.
cmsaggie12
AG
vander54 said:

GoodOldAgs said:

7aggiefan4life said:

10-2 is about as reasonable as 5-7.

I would actually give 10-2 a slightly better chance of happening although I highly doubt it will.

Lol to anyone who thinks we have a chance against LSU in Baton Rouge. Guice is going to drag his nuts over everyone on the defense for 3 hours.
PharmD4
AG
7-5
Shooz in Katy
AG
7aggiefan4life said:

I'll say it again. Will execute a poop slap if we go 10-2. No way it happens.
Hu11abaloo
AG
FishingAggie said:

Reno Hightower
8 - 5 with a victory in whatever bowl we end up in.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.