Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

But he's no Dave South...

4,258 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Science Denier
alabamaaggie12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A new book from longtime Alabama radio analyst Phil Savage provides plenty of details about the inner workings of the Crimson Tide Football program.

4th & Goal Every Day: Alabama's Relentless Pursuit of Perfection, written by Savage with sportswriter Ray Glier, includes a preface by Saban and a foreword by Rece Davis of ESPN's College GameDay. It will be released Aug. 29.

According to AL.com's Creg Stephenson, Savage provides a variety of insights into his role within program, as well as anecdotes featuring inside information from key points during the last few Alabama seasons.

The biggest reveal may be about the now-famous sideline verbal berating Saban gave Kiffin while the Crimson Tide held a considerable lead over Western Kentucky last season.

"Savage writes that Kiffin said into his headset 'dumb players make dumb plays,' which all the Crimson Tide coaches heard. Saban snapped back with 'no, dumb offensive coordinators call dumb plays,' " according to Stephenson.

Also, Savage gives a great tidbit on scouting on which he and Saban collaborated. It focused on Texas A&M giving away their plays before the snap because the offensive tackles positioned themselves differently depending whether the play was a run or pass.

"Saban verified this information through his own film study and incorporated it into Alabama's game plan, with inside linebacker Reuben Foster checking the tackles' stances prior to each play," Stephenson writes. "Foster totaled 12 tackles, Texas A&M averaged three yards per carry and Alabama won 33-14."
Meximan
The telegraphed plays horse has kinda been beaten to death. We get it, Aggie players gave away plays all year long and couldn't break the habit...

I still don't know what Dave South has to do with this, though.
Mookie
AG
I guess maybe Dave is the opposite of giving away plays even after they happen.

Looks like a running play up the middle, PASS CAUGHT TOUCHDOWN THAT GUY
BanderaAg956
Meximan said:

The telegraphed plays horse has kinda been beaten to death. We get it, Aggie players gave away plays all year long and couldn't break the habit...

So you are saying, our own coaches couldn't figure it out and resolve the problem over the course of a full season? That should be some great Hall of Fame information!
2thFixinAg
Allen drops back to pass. tick... tick..
oh no. tick tick tick tick tick
Touchdown.

?!?!?!
GoodOldAgs
Mookie said:

OldShadeOfBlue
AG
There's the snap, he's gonna drop back and... TOUCHDOWN OH DOCTOR
Secolobo
AG
Y'all need to throw in Slavocek somewhere.
Al Bula
AG
Tldr
Meximan
Mookie said:

eot
Meximan
drevans956 said:

Meximan said:

So you are saying, our own coaches couldn't figure it out and resolve the problem over the course of a full season? That should be some great Hall of Fame information!

I'm going to put that as much on the players to have to be told and then to not fix it. I know I can only be told so many times to not punch myself in the face with a frying pan before I stop doing it.
EVA3
AG
Mookie said:

ag_derp
AG
Wow
Science Denier
AG
More like..

Aggies set, Trips right, Ford in the backfield (crowd noise huge in background...WTF is happening)
Man in motion from right to left (crowd going nuts..WTF)
TOUCHDOWN!!!! WOW!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.