Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Longhorn Network fun

10,504 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jb6092
coupland boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So i never watch the channel but see it all the time near the SEC network. Right now they're playing the 1983 Aggie game and it's quite a trip down memory lane. Deware Fieldhouse, Kevin Murray, Roger Vick, Woodside, Bernstein (i think they're all on the team then).

I tend to forget what Kyle Field pre-Zone looked like. I would really like to forget the clothes and hair styles from that time.

Commentary on LHN - i tuned in for entirely different reasons but there's something pathetic about a channel that shows nothing but past victories.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Obligatory:

Obsession noted.
W
AG
that was back in the day when the wind could dominate a game at Kyle Field.

the Ags jumped out to a 13-0 lead on the #1 horns in the 1st quarter with the wind at their backs...then t.u. got the wind in the 2nd quarter...and it was all downhill after that
TecRecAg
AG
Well, call me crazy, but if we had our own channel I wouldn't exactly be thrilled about showing past losses. And since you can't show the future, I think you're just stuck with past wins.
Hehateme1
I was at that game.
Flashdiaz
AG
TecRecAg said:

Well, call me crazy, but if we had our own channel I wouldn't exactly be thrilled about showing past losses. And since you can't show the future, I think you're just stuck with past wins.
which is why having one channel dedicated to one team is stupid. I honestly wouldn't want\watch an Aggie only channel.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Flashdiaz said:

TecRecAg said:

which is why having one channel dedicated to one team is stupid. I honestly wouldn't want\watch an Aggie only channel.

But you post on an Aggie only forum?
Bowlinag
AG
Flashdiaz said:

TecRecAg said:

I argued this with a Tceh Tard acquaintance a few years back. He said he would watch a Tceh channel all day long does not mater what is on.

Could you just imagine how bad that production and content would be? They would have to have a Coach Bro Bachelor show or something to get any ratings.
Flashdiaz
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

Flashdiaz said:

TecRecAg said:

I like interacting with other aggies at my leisure.
I don't like watching old games repeatedly.

Flashdiaz
AG
Bowlinag said:

Flashdiaz said:

TecRecAg said:

I argued this with a Tceh Tard acquaintance a few years back. He said he would watch a Tceh channel all day long does not mater what is on.

Could you just imagine how bad that production and content would be? They would have to have a Coach Bro Bachelor show or something to get any ratings.
tech would have these types of competition shows:

Danther37
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Flashdiaz said:

TecRecAg said:

I totally understand this.....however I could watch any game from the JFF era and never get tired!
BrandoC
AG
Or the ****ty produced documentary of the 2005 season.
Moe 92
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Bowlinag said:

Flashdiaz said:

TecRecAg said:

Pretty sure if I saw the guy making my pizza walk the crust dough across his taint, through his crack, up his back, and over his sweaty, flour-crusted neck, I'd ask for my money back and take my business elsewhere.
coupland boy
AG
Flashdiaz said:

TecRecAg said:

Pretty much this.
etexorange
Have y'all's classic games from the past, like against BYU in the Holiday Bowl or (mind goes blank) been shown on the SEC network? Or has pre-2011 A&M been wiped from the tapes?
DD88
AG
That was actually my 1st Aggie game I attended.
As a high school senior, I was probably a slight t-sip t-shirt fan at that time.

A classmate and I stayed in my sister's dorm room (she stayed with a friend) and took in all the activities with Bonfire and everything else. I remember thinking, "What a bunch of crazy aggies whooping and drinking and stomping around a huge fire."

We were on the 1st row of the 2nd deck near the south endzone. I remember it being windy and the sips winning big. It was quite an experience.

Both my friend and I became Aggies the next year. And we went on to kick t-sip butt for 10 of the next 11 years.
McInnis80
Since they showed the final game of the 1983 undefeated season, just wondering when the LHN will be showing the Horns Cotton Bowl game where the Horns claimed their National Championship that was denied to them by Notre Dame in the 1977 season?

ClassOf17
Danther37 said:

Flashdiaz said:

Flashdiaz said:

TecRecAg said:

I totally understand this.....however I could watch any game from the JFF era and never get tired!

LSU And Missouri '13
ag_derp
AG
the word fun and longhorn network should never be used together
ABATTBQ87
AG
FNMikey said:

I was at that game.
I was a fish; and that was the last game the sips won against the Aggies in the 80's
etexorange
Quote:

a channel that shows nothing but past victories.
This is not quite true. I've seen the 1984 Texas/OU game (a tie), the 1978 Texas/Oklahoma game (which the Longhorns lost 31-10, but it was neat to watch Billy Sims) and the 2006 Ohio State game in Austin (a 24-7 loss but No. 1 vs. No. 2 and Colt McCoy's first game).

Wouldn't be surprised if the Michael Crabtree catch/No. 1 Texas- No. 6 Tech 2008 game has seen Longhorn Network airtime.
Bonfire96
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Bowlinag said:

Flashdiaz said:

TecRecAg said:

What about bell ringing competitions?
BwdAg
AG
My senior year. I endure the tom Wilson years.

I think jackie's quote was along the line of "boys, you better get you licks in now cause we are about to beat you ass".

CapCityAg89
AG
Junior year at Bryan High. I was selling cokes in the horseshoe.
jickyjack1
BwdAg said:

I think jackie's quote was along the line of "boys, you better get you licks in now cause we are about to beat you ass".

"The people better get their licks in now, because we're going to be very good and it won't be very long."

This was said to the press following a humiliating butt kicking by a still unexposed, high-riding SMU. The quote was taped to my medicine cabinet mirror for a long time.

I've been a nonrepentant Jackie disciple ever since.

Tom Hagen
AG
Will they be showing the 1984-1989 games next?
ag-bq-seventy
AG
BwdAg said:

Actually, I think it was "You'd better get your licks in now cause we are going to be awesome."

But, who the hell really knows, that was almost 35 years ago. I've terminated way too many brain cells since then.
McInnis80
Since the constant supply of games in the way back on the LHN, I have some selections.

The Rout 66 UCLA game, the Acie Law shot, the OU game where Stoops destroy the Horns, the TCU cock roach game, the Sunday night loss to Rice. I guarantee that would get more eyeballs than the current schedule.
coupland boy
AG
ag_derp said:

the word fun and longhorn network should never be used together

Why? I don't watch it but i think it's been a hoot ever since its inception.

Edit - okay, so i watched it enough to reminisce about the 1983 game.
The Real Maroon Blood
AG
That was my first A&M/t.u. game--I was 7. The biggest thing I remembered (keep in mind my age) was the Ags warming-up in the gray pants and then coming back out for the game, for the first time, in the maroon pants. I believe it started a maroon pants curse that carried over into their reappearance my Sophomore year in '96.
EVA3
AG
Moe 92 said:

Flashdiaz said:

Bowlinag said:

Flashdiaz said:

TecRecAg said:

Pretty sure if I saw the guy making my pizza walk the crust dough across his taint, through his crack, up his back, and over his sweaty, flour-crusted neck, I'd ask for my money back and take my business elsewhere.

It's probably a good thing you don't watch your pizza being made then.
ADS12
Heard they were changing it to the " Longhorn History Channel "
GreatSullysGhost
Colonel1213 said:

Heard they were changing it to the " Longhorn History Channel "

Illegal
jb6092
BrandoC said:

Or the ****ty produced documentary of the 2005 season.
So you have seen it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.