Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Personal game changing moments - do you have one?

2,470 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bowlinag
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From TexAgs Sponsor: American Momentum Bank:

Congrats to the winner TDAggie!

There are so many memorable positive experiences that we have as Aggies and those experiences often change our lives thereafter. American Momentum Bank wants to hear about those game changing moments from you. Was it a professor who guided you through college? Maybe it was a night at Northgate. Possibly a charity event or philanthropy project that heightened your college experience. We want to hear from you about the circumstances or situations that gave you momentum.

Tell us what specific event, in connection with Texas A&M, had the most momentum changing impact on your life. Anything and everything is open for discussion.

Reply to this thread with your biggest momentum changer connected to A&M and enter to win a $100.00 MasterCard from American Momentum Bank.

American Momentum Bank
"Official Bank of TexAgs"
Frank Varisco '82, NMLS ID 815190
fvarisco@americanmomentumbank.com
Market President Bryan/College Station

bac
AG
I puked there while dunking my ring.
bigfoot10s
AG
In a way aggie related...we got a new coach my sophomore year at Hardin Simmons. He and I didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things. I was raised by a coach and felt what he was doing wasn't fair. I ended up transferring home to Aggieland the next year and started the best two and a half years of college.
Meximan
Is there an option for "null"?
ought1ag
AG
"its not what you know, its who you know" this couldn't be more true.....used to work for (Random Local Business) and we didn't see eye to eye on who was pulling all the weight. Although I was the youngest employee, I had the most responsibilities, got put on the most difficult tasks and had to train all the new hires. When it came time for promotions/raises I was told I was "just too young" (keep in mind we are talking a 17 cent /hour raise) I was pretty devastate. Well that afternoon I was talking to an old buddy of mine and he said his FIL was trying to hire someone where he worked and he could probably get me an interview. I didn't think that I would actually be considered for the job and I was just taking the interview to scare my boss. Well 3 days later I got a call and was offered a job for 15K more than I was currently making. I'll never forget the feeling when I gave them my 2 weeks notice. June 11th will be 10 year anniversary and although I miss living in B/CS, it cant outweigh being respected at work and being paid like you are.
AG
Yeah, I've got a game changing moment. But there's no way I'm telling you animals about it.
LegettHall
Meeting my wife of 35 years at Aggieland.
Old Animal
AG
My game changer was deciding to join the Corps as a freshmen in 1977. I had major ups and downs, grade issues, life issues, however, what was a constant, was the Corps and my outfit buddies. This core group of cadets, and now men are brothers to me, and each other. The Corps experience for me was what I have seen since then played out in everyday life. The task of bringing all of your fish buddies from all walks of life, social, race, cultural, financial, physical abilities, academics, etc. and tearing all of that down to one unit and building it all back up where those individual talents come together as a cohesive unit is a formula that works. I have seen it in organizations, I have seen it in servitude, and I have experienced it beyond the Corps.

To this day, there is not a week that goes by that not one or more of us who graduated talk to each other. We go to events together, weddings, funerals, we go to home games together, and we take a road trip to an out of town SEC game every year. Beyond these men, we hold a special bond with those upperclassmen who trained us,disciplined us,bleed and shed tears with us, as well as those underclassmen who we were entrusted with to carry on the traditions, culture, history, life lessons, and bond of the Corps and University.

Myself, and thousands like me before and afterwards have worn the same uniform, worn the same pride, ran the same miles, marched the same concrete on the Quad, and marched the same streets to Kyle Field, and to Simpson Drill Field, wore the same boots, and embraced each other at our Final Reviews. I was lucky, I had a brother in law, class of '70 who showed us the way, my brother, class of "77, who was a Senior when I was a " fish" in the same outfit, former students, from the class of '43, and then class of '54 who hired me in summertime to operate heavy equipment and to run survey crews to earn money to go to Aggieland, all because they knew the spirit that can never be told. I was raised well, and come from a very good family, my father was at the Citadel and in World War Two, and he fully supported us going and being in the Corps. I have had a successful life, and while I have no doubt that would not have changed, I have no doubt that the discipline, the unit and individual experiences, the lifetime of love, the Lord, patriotism, pride, work ethic, decision making ability in times of crisis,learned while in the Corps, and support of my Corps buddies is what has made the difference in my life. You could not pay me a million dollars to forego those experiences, nor could you pay me a million dollars to go through it again. God Bless the Corps, the leadership, the University, and oh yeah, my Aggie brothers.
75AG
AG
A few months back, I called a lady a 2%er when she left Kyle early. She clearly had the skwirtz. I feel bad now. A game changer for me.
NoahAg
Switched from Natty Lite to Lone Star. Changed my world.
tokyoag
AG
Divorced my clinically diagnosed psychopathic Aggie alum wife. I had no idea how miserable i was living with someone so f'd up that would not get help. Game changer! Married hot Stephen F. Austin alum girl, game changer number 2. She is a better Aggie fan than #1!
fwheightsboy
AG
I met my wife, Jane Rudder, at a Fort Worth A&M Club meeting. Married into just about the greatest Aggie family ever. Although General Rudder was dead, Mrs. Rudder was very alive (and sometimes bossy.) Our two daughters are both Ags. My sisters in law are two of the best people I have ever known. I have lots of really neat Aggie nieces and nephews. I feel so lucky to have them all as family.
Gigem713
I watched that movie, Personal Best, when I was in junior high. Yeah, that was a game changer for me.
Bowlinag
AG
Football Season Ended. Baseball Season Started.

Completely different games.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.