Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Damn, Woodward. You are Mississippi's, well,

9,759 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MSU/SECALUM
Rongagin71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Talking down about Mississippi isn't all that valid,
if talking about the quality of their sports teams.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Rongagin71 said:

Talking down about Mississippi isn't all that valid,
if talking about the quality of their sports teams.

They did pretty well against Aggie teams this year...
Rongagin71
AG
Yeah, they seemed to have just as many huge, muscular young people as we did.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Rongagin71 said:

Yeah, they seemed to have just as many huge, muscular young people as we did.

2-4 vs MSU and OM in baseball
1-1 vs MSU and OM in basketball
0-2 vs MSU and OM in football

3-7 against the state of Miss in the big three.

Stellar.
Pylon Cam
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

Seems we have differing narratives about how we view the program.

Without being insulting, I have been watching Aggie sports longer than you have been alive. Let's just say that there are patterns of behavior that point to a cultural problem regarding winning at a high level in the big three.

Call it what you will. I would love for Sumlin or anyone to prove me wrong.
I fail to see how we have a culture problem when in the 2016-2017 season, we had the second highest winning percentage in the SEC (.67892) across all sports.

On a side note, we MSU was last in win percentage (.40449) in the conference and Ole Miss was twelfth (.43258). A&M's football team was 8-5, while Ole Miss' was 5-7 and Mississippi State's was 6-7. Our athletics are leaps and bounds above those in Mississippi.

Furthermore, the Mississippi State game being right after Alabama and the injury to Trevor Knight really hurt us. After that loss, it was a free fall. We still should have won, but we didn't lose because of a high up "culture" problem.

PS: I hope that my comment didn't come off as rude. I'll admit that I'm a bit of a sunshine pumper, and that bias shows in my comments from time to time. I agree with you that we both have our narratives. I hope that Sumlin and company does prove you wrong, because that means we would have a damn good football team. Furthermore, I understand your feelings towards Aggie Athletics. You have been paying attention long enough to see countless instances of underachieving in Aggie Athletics. That must be quite frustrating. I am already being worn down by the underachievements, and I'm fairly new to this. I think that we are slowly getting better, but who knows.
CrazyDayDuck
Mississippi aside, does anyone really think we are NOT under-achieving in football, baseball and basketball these days?
Lateralus Ag
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

Lateralus Ag said:

Without being insulting, I have been watching Aggie sports longer than you have been alive. Let's just say that there are patterns of behavior that point to a cultural problem regarding winning at a high level in the big three.

I fail to see how we have a culture problem when in the 2016-2017 season, we had the second highest winning percentage in the SEC (.67892) across all sports.

On a side note, we MSU was last in win percentage (.40449) in the conference and Ole Miss was twelfth (.43258). A&M's football team was 8-5, while Ole Miss' was 5-7 and Mississippi State's was 6-7. Our athletics are leaps and bounds above those in Mississippi.

Furthermore, the Mississippi State game being right after Alabama and the injury to Trevor Knight really hurt us. After that loss, it was a free fall. We still should have won, but we didn't lose because of a high up "culture" problem.

PS: I hope that my comment didn't come off as rude. I'll admit that I'm a bit of a sunshine pumper, and that bias shows in my comments from time to time. I agree with you that we both have our narratives. I hope that Sumlin and company does prove you wrong, because that means we would have a damn good football team. Furthermore, I understand your feelings towards Aggie Athletics. You have been paying attention long enough to see countless instances of underachieving in Aggie Athletics. That must be quite frustrating. I am already being worn down by the underachievements, and I'm fairly new to this. I think that we are slowly getting better, but who knows.

Fair enough. And I didn't take your response as rude.
2thFixinAg
HSFootballAg24 said:

Lateralus Ag said:

a decade or two more of watching underachieving and you'll be potbanging like the rest of us.
Hope. A word that most of us stopped using by about age 40.
MSU/SECALUM
HSFootballAg24 said:

Lateralus Ag said:

I don't take your comments as being offensive but your defense was horrible and Fitzgerald ran all over them. Your defense was better than the Texas defense was against BYU...our qb wasn't wearing two knee braces. Our defense sucked last year with Sirmon as DC, I hope Louisville enjoys him because he will be nowhere near as competent as Todd Grantham, we sure as hell can't do any worse than we did last year.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.