Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Damn, Woodward. You are Mississippi's, well,

9,769 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MSU/SECALUM
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The State of Mississippi totally owned you this year. Totally, thoroughly, completely. At least in the Big 3

Mens BB - Lost MSU, beat Ol' Miss
Football - Lost both to MSU and Ol' Miss
Baseball - Lost both series to MSU and Ol' Miss

Total 3 wins out of 10 tries. Yes, that's only a 30% winning percentage against Mississippi.

That's just brutal. Ass kicking of epic proportions.

Great decision to keep ALL THREE coaches that allowed the total ass whippin' to occur. I hope you have a plan to start owning at least the state of Mississippi. I've heard the definition of insanity is doing the same damn thing over and hoping for a better result. But, I'm sure you are doing something different.

I didn't put Women's basketball in those numbers, but to let you know, those results won't help.
cevans_40
AG
Now do the Alabama schools
CrazyDayDuck
Sharp, Young and Woodward.
EKG1996
AG
Someone do the breakdown against each school for the the big sports. I'm too lazy.

I'll do UK. We were swept in basketball and baseball. Didn't play in football.
Pylon Cam
AG
It's obviously the fault of Woodward. Right.
Meximan
To be fair, MSU women's BB was pretty damn good this year.
Gulf Coast Aggie
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

Maybe not directly, but it's his responsibility.
Pylon Cam
AG
This poster is always posting anti A&M coaching stuff that has little validity. Take his posts with a grain of salt.
Pylon Cam
AG
Gulf Coast Aggie said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

Woodward couldn't have known how we would do before the season began. Also, how we did against the state of Mississippi doesn't matter as much as our teams records versus their teams records. I know our football team won more than either of the Mississippis.

Woodward hasn't done anything stupid yet. He helped allocate more money for football, made sure that Coach Henry's track stadium is getting built, and extended payments on an A&M basketball team that is of low priority to begin with. He hasn't made any bad contract decisions yet. The boosters usually have the final say in major firings. Go yell at the BMA's if you are truely so upset about Sumlin still having the reigns of power.
brotheraggie
Hopefully we will be better next year!!
Gulf Coast Aggie
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

Gulf Coast Aggie said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

Woodward couldn't have known how we would do before the season began. Also, how we did against the state of Mississippi doesn't matter as much as our teams records versus their teams records. I know our football team won more than either of the Mississippis.

Woodward hasn't done anything stupid yet. He helped allocate more money for football, made sure that Coach Henry's track stadium is getting built, and extended payments on an A&M basketball team that is of low priority to begin with. He hasn't made any bad contract decisions yet. The boosters usually have the final say in major firings. Go yell at the BMA's if you are truely so upset about Sumlin still having the reigns of power.

I agree with everything you said. have been a sumlin supporter, but I don't think anyone is happy with stutus quo, including sumlin. My intent was that the responsibility will land on the AD going forward.
JM13
How can A&M fire and hire new coaches when alumni isn't donating to the school anymore
Love Gun
CrazyDayDuck said:

And Curry
AggieTFA06
AG
jblaschke said:

The State of Mississippi totally owned you this year. Totally, thoroughly, completely. At least in the Big 3

Total 3 wins out of 10 tries. Yes, that's only a 30% winning percentage against Mississippi.

Great decision to keep ALL THREE coaches that allowed the total ass whippin' to occur. I hope you have a plan to start owning at least the state of Mississippi. I've heard the definition of insanity is doing the same damn thing over and hoping for a better result. But, I'm sure you are doing something different.

I didn't put Women's basketball in those numbers, but to let you know, those results won't help.
Learn to manage your expectations.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
CrazyDayDuck
Demon 8 said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

And Curry

Him too
monarch
S
Some OP's are a**holes.
MSU/SECALUM
jblaschke said:

The longhorns haven't exactly fared well against the state of Mississippi either. Your women's basketball team lost to us during the season we also beat Baylor and Iowa State as well. So it looks like the state of Texas(Big 12) isn't exactly racking up wins against us.

Can't wait too see how Tom "The Sledgehammer" Herman does this year. By the end of the season we'll all be hearing about how he had to get rid of all of Strong's under performing players followed by the every year excuse of "they are a young team". Rinse and repeat just wait until 2018.
AggieTFA06
AG
MSU/SECALUM said:

jblaschke said:

The longhorns haven't exactly fared well against the state of Mississippi either. Your women's basketball team lost to us during the season we also beat Baylor and Iowa State as well. So it looks like the state of Texas(Big 12) isn't exactly racking up wins against us.

Can't wait too see how Tom "The Sledgehammer" Herman does this year. By the end of the season we'll all be hearing about how he had to get rid of all of Strong's under performing players followed by the every year excuse of "they are a young team". Rinse and repeat just wait until 2018.
Don't forget that the Longhorns were a young team, just like the previous years.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
stetson
AG
You know Ole Miss cheats, right?
Science Denier
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

This poster is always posting anti A&M coaching stuff that has little validity. Take his posts with a grain of salt.
Lol. Validity. What do you think that word means?
12thmanfootball
AG
Easy Fix:

Fire our head Football, Baseball, and Basketball coaches.

Replace with Saban, the coaches of Kentucky's Baseball and Basketball.

Profit
aglaes
AG
I believe the use of the word "validity" has exactly the meaning he intended.

Validity - the quality of being logically or factually sound; soundness or cogency.
ABATTBQ11
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

Go do your homework
Science Denier
AG
aglaes said:

Validity - the quality of being logically or factually sound; soundness or cogency.
Do you think...
1. We won more than 30% of our,games against Mississippi schools
2. It's perfectly acceptable to get owned by these schools
3. It's some other reason than our head coaches in those sports that we only won 30% against these schools?

Or, you actually do think my post is valid?
Jock 07
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

Who do you think gave Childress his ridiculous, unearned contract extension?
Pylon Cam
AG
Go find a debate technique other than ad hominem
Jack Cheese
AG
jblaschke said:

aglaes said:

Do you think...
3. It's some other reason than our head coaches in those sports that we only won 30% against these schools?

Taking your OP completely at face value, you argue that the Ad, and by extension the coaches of the major 3 sports, should be judged only on the basis of their performance against schools in Mississippi.

That is a patently absurd argument.

You can claim that isn't what you meant, but it is exactly what your OP says.

PS - I'm setting aside your nonsensical thread title - I don't know what the hell it is supposed to mean.

"Validity" indeed.
Chosen One
MSU/SECALUM said:

jblaschke said:

Not to mess with a good story, but what does the OP (with an AGTag & 12 man tag) have to do with the Longhorns?

Second, women's basketball smack? Seriously.

Third, ah, screw it, I'm not interested in talking to anyone from that back ass state.
MSU/SECALUM
Chosen One said:

MSU/SECALUM said:

jblaschke said:

Not to mess with a good story, but what does the OP (with an AGTag & 12 man tag) have to do with the Longhorns?

Second, women's basketball smack? Seriously.

Third, ah, screw it, I'm not interested in talking to anyone from that back ass state.
You would be talking smack if you beat us or anyone from the state of Mississippi in checkers...longhorns desperate for a win in anything against anyone. We'll see how "Sledge Hammer" Herman does with that group of thumb suckers he has.
rollingwoodaggie
Fire them all. Bring back Crow from the dead as AD, hell even Wally Groff. Jackie and RC are alive and well..bring them as HC and DC. Think President Bowen is available too.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

This poster is always posting anti A&M coaching stuff that has little validity.

Facts have little validity?

I don't know if I agree in where the blame is placed here, but if factual information is negative, is that really the fault of the person pointing it out?
Lateralus Ag
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

I don't know if I agree in where the blame is placed here, but if factual information is negative, is that really the fault of the person pointing it out?

Yes, here in the Zoo, facts that reflect poorly on Sumlin and the football program are 100% the fault of the poster who brought them up. It is the narrative the posters generally support.

Only good news and facts about Sumlin and the football team will be appreciated here.

It is what we do.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Jack Cheese said:

jblaschke said:

aglaes said:

Do you think...

Taking your OP completely at face value, you argue that the Ad, and by extension the coaches of the major 3 sports, should be judged only on the basis of their performance against schools in Mississippi.

That is a patently absurd argument.

You can claim that isn't what you meant, but it is exactly what your OP says.

PS - I'm setting aside your nonsensical thread title - I don't know what the hell it is supposed to mean.

"Validity" indeed.

Actually, beating the state of Miss in the big three would be a good start. If we had done so in footbalk this past season we would have been in a much better place....and maybe not even having this conversation.
Pylon Cam
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

Yes, here in the Zoo, facts that reflect poorly on Sumlin and the football program are 100% the fault of the poster who brought them up. It is the narrative the posters generally support.

Only good news and facts about Sumlin and the football team will be appreciated here.

It is what we do.
Wrong. I'm ok with people wanting to fire Sumlin. I am not ok with people cherry picking statistics about our program, and using those cherry picked statistics to formulate their entire view of the program.

Only negative points about our program are welcome to y'all. If y'all want people to listen, present both sides in a logical arguement.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Seems we have differing narratives about how we view the program.

Without being insulting, I have been watching Aggie sports longer than you have been alive. Let's just say that there are patterns of behavior that point to a cultural problem regarding winning at a high level in the big three.

Call it what you will. I would love for Sumlin or anyone to prove me wrong.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.