Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Another Recruiting Update! (Kind of)

10,876 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bigblackag12
Pylon Cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Story Lines

Rakeem Boyd is transferring
Rakeem Boyd was a three star running back out of Stratford High School in Houston, Texas. He was a signee in our 2016 class, and he redshirted his freshman year. Boyd transferred out of the program due to his lack of class attendance. He is headed the juco route.

Boyd is a loss to the Texas A&M program. Depending on who you ask, Boyd was either a third string or fourth string running back for us. This means that he could have got ten or so carries per game in the backup role. With Keith Ford being done after this year, Boyd would have had an even greater chance for playing time. However, all teams face attrition around this year, and losses like this are to be expected around this time of year.

This being said, Clarence Mckinney has done more with a lot less, and this running back tandem is still exceptionally good. We still have Trayveon Williams and Keith Ford, along with scholarship backs Jacob Kibodi and Kendall Bussey, as well as impressive walk-on Kamwe Etwi.

There are three major silver linings here. The pitch to the state's top 2018 running back Keontay Ingram has just became more enticing. Silver lining number two is that Kendall Bussey no longer has a reason to transfer. The final silver lining is the fact that I am now confident that we can take 22-23 players in this upcoming class, which is more than originally expected by many analysts in the field.

Richard Moore Transferring
Things just didn't work out with the former Texas A&M linebacker and Cedar Hill product. He is transferring to SMU in search of more playing time. Thanks and gig'em for the effort that you put into our program, Richard. We wish you much success at SMU!

The Moore Brothers
There is no evidence to support the idea that Jordan Moore is planning to decommit any time soon or at all, for that matter. Nebraska has been attempting to make a hard push, but Jordan is solid to this class.

Joshua Moore decided to transfer from IMG back to Yoakum this week. It seems that Joshua was a bit homesick, and that could bode well for the maroon and white. Joshua has a scheduled commitment of June 18th, which happens to be the day of the YESSIR Barbeque. I am not sure if Joshua will be in attendance.

Expected Class Breakdown
I expect us to take 23 in the class. Here is how I see it working out:
1 Quarterback
1 Runningback
1 Tight End
4 Wide Receivers
3 Offensive lineman
7 Defensive lineman
2 Linebackers
3 Safety/cornerbacks
1 kicker/punter

Uninvited to Camps in Louisiana
Our coaching staff was planning to work camps with Tulane in Louisiana in order to allow us better recruit the state of Louisiana. As LSU wants to control the state and hinder us from getting commits out of their back yard, they have decided to work with Tulane and replace us.

--------------------------------------------------------------

There wasn't much news this week, and I didn't have too much time to write this. I'll be able to release a better more in depth article for next week. Thanks for reading and Gig'em.

ironmanag
AG
Thanks for the recap.

However no way we take 7 DLs and only two LBs.
ClassOf17
I can't stand people who are given gifts and amazing opportunities who just throw it all away for nonsense.
Mike Elko
AG
Thanks for the intel. If angling for a TexAgs gig in the near future, you're well on your way. Keep up the good work.
TyHolden
AG
Quote:

We were planning to work with Tulane in Louisiana in order to better recruit the state. As LSU wants to control the state, they have decided to work with Tulane and replace us.
wat?
Sponge
AG
1 TE? That sounds optimistic.
Pylon Cam
AG
Sadly, here are very few attainable linebackers that are offer worthy. The only way that I see us taking three linebackers is if we offer Chad Bailey and he commits, and then get Alston Orji and DeShaun White to commit. It seems unlikely that we get all three of those guys. This being said, It is likely that Chavis will find someone out of state that he falls in love with, giving us another linebacker spot.

This is assuming that we do take 23, however. If it is available, I feel that the 23 spot could be given as a 4th secondary play maker, a 5th wide receiver (only if the right people want to commit, but I'll have more on that next week) or that 7th defensive line position.
Pylon Cam
AG
My premium service is called: "Go subscribe to Texags Premium. As an added bonus, you get to read my analysis at no charge on the Texas A&M Football Board".

On a serious note, Texags has better info than I do and I would recommend subscribing to premium if you want better and more accurate info. I plan to get premium as an adult.
Pylon Cam
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Thanks for the intel. If angling for a TexAgs gig in the near future, you're well on your way. Keep up the good work.
I am currently a freshman in high school. I hope to intern for TexAgs when I get to A&M for college.
switzerland
Ummm....aren't there any freshman girls at your school?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Whoah a rare offseason appearance by Switzerland.
jja79
AG
I dropped it after 15 years. They've got nothing on you.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Good job young man. You obviously pay attention and are dedicated to your craft. Hope you make it big one day!
FishingAggie
switzerland said:

Why? You cruise high school girls?

Kid's doing a good job. Leave him alone
vander54
S
If we get that class breakdown and finish in the top 15 in recruiting I will be ecstatic. We really don't need more than 2 LB. We signed 3 this year with 2 being potential studs. We have 5 solid underclassmen and no seniors for the 2017 season.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
switzerland said:

Maybe I'm thinking of a different HS freshman who posts here, but this question might not apply anyway.

NTTAWWT
Pylon Cam
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

switzerland said:

Maybe I'm thinking of a different HS freshman who posts here, but this question might not apply anyway.

NTTAWWT
You are correct
Gramercy Riffs
AG
All good. Keep those updates coming. We appreciate the recaps and having a lot of quick notes all in one spot.
12thmanfootball
AG
2 LB's?????????????????

Don't we need like 17 LB's after Moore transferred?
riverrataggie
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

My premium service is called: "Go subscribe to Texags Premium. As an added bonus, you get to read my analysis at no charge on the Texas A&M Football Board".

On a serious note, Texags has better info than I do and I would recommend subscribing to premium if you want better and more accurate info. I plan to get premium as an adult.

Yeah, but you give more of a concise update in about 2 minutes. Keep it up!
Science Denier
AG
jja79 said:

I dropped it after 15 years. They've got nothing on you.
I just dropped also. Will probably get it again once football season starts.

Too much hype during the off season and not enough actual information.
MondayMorningQB
AG
Nice post OP, keep up the good work sir!
jja79
AG
I don't plan to go back to premium for the season. We'll see I guess.

I think a big reason for the ridiculous meltdowns is the unrealistic staff fluff pieces about the players and expectations.
KJN86
AG
Our 3rd string RB has never gotten 10 carries a game and very seldom plays.

No way we take 7 DL or only 2 LB's.
Pylon Cam
AG
We aren't taking more than two linebackers unless we win a New Years Six bowl. It isn't happening. In fact, I think we'll be lucky to sign two high quality linebackers in this class, but it will be a necessity to do that. The fact is that there are very few attainable and competent linebackers in the 2018 class. I think we need to offer Chad Bailey now, before it is too late.

The only semi realistic scenario I have where we take 3 linebackers (assuming we do have 23 spots available for this class) is if we get Deshaun White and Alston Orji to commit, and offering Chad Bailey and getting his commitment.

I can understand you not liking my 7 defensive lineman pick. That would probably go to either getting a second cornerback or a second tight end spot.
GreatSullysGhost
switzerland said:

Don't listen to this mess.

Aim for the Junior Girls.
millertyme
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

We aren't taking more than two linebackers unless we win a New Years Six bowl. It isn't happening. In fact, I think we'll be lucky to sign two high quality linebackers in this class, but it will be a necessity to do that. The fact is that there are very few attainable and competent linebackers in the 2018 class. I think we need to offer Chad Bailey now, before it is too late.

The only semi realistic scenario I have where we take 3 linebackers (assuming we do have 23 spots available for this class) is if we get Deshaun White and Alston Orji to commit, and offering Chad Bailey and getting his commitment.

I can understand you not liking my 7 defensive lineman pick. That would probably go to either getting a second cornerback or a second tight end spot.
He surprisingly committed to Vandy last night. Anchor down?
AG
GreatSullysGhost said:

switzerland said:

You know what I like about high school girls?
Lateralus Ag
AG
4 said:

GreatSullysGhost said:

switzerland said:

You know what I like about high school girls?

Yes, but tell me anyway...
Lateralus Ag
AG
Lateralus Ag
AG
Sorry, I answered your question for you...
ABATTBQ11
AG
ironmanag said:

Thanks for the recap.

However no way we take 7 DLs and only two LBs.

Challenge accepted!

/Sumlin
rcb05
AG
For those of you saying there's no way we take 7 DLs and 2 LBs, realize that we won't lose any linebackers to graduation after 2017, so whoever starts this fall will also be back for 2018 (unless Alaka leaves early). But on the defensive line, we're losing Henderson, Cunningham and Jarrett Johnson (and Mack will be eligible to leave early).

I know linebacker has been a weak point for the defense recently, but defensive line depth is gonna take a massive hit if they don't re-stock in the 2018 class.
Pylon Cam
AG
I just thought y'all should know - I'm going to post a very in depth and high quality recruiting writeup every two weeks now instead of one. There is not enough happening around this time of year to warrant one every week. However, I'll post at least one a week during commitment season and the race to both national signing days.
AG
Play on, Playa
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.