Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Connor Blumrick as WR...

6,971 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rodray
Doc Daneeka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Connor Blumrick is a buried on the depth chart at QB. I think he could play WR and still be a back up QB. Kind of like Tannehill his early years. The guy is a really good athlete. Would also give us length at wide out.
Aggie_2463
AG
He's been on campus one semester and Will RS. He has the skills to develop into the starter down the road possibly. Develop him at QB
AggFan41
I agree Connor, you should talk to Sumlin.
Pylon Cam
AG
It's not that he's buried on the deapth chart. He hasn't been able to participate in live reps due to his injury, and so we don't know exactly how good he is. What we do know is that he is our tallest and fastest quarterback. He has also been our most accurate QB in non contact drills.
Shooz in Katy
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

It's not that he's buried on the deapth chart. He hasn't been able to participate in live reps due to his injury, and so we don't know exactly how good he is. What we do know is that he is our tallest and fastest quarterback. He has also been our most accurate QB in non contact drills.

Fastest? Please esplain, senor football.
Pylon Cam
AG
He has the fastest 40 yard dash time of any of our quarterbacks. I'll admit that Kellen Mond is quicker, but Blumrick is faster.
vander54
S
HSFootballAg24 said:

He has the fastest 40 yard dash time of any of our quarterbacks. I'll admit that Kellen Mond is quicker, but Blumrick is faster.

This.

Connor 40 time is 4.74, Mond is 4.81.
TyHolden
AG
Can't we spin him up to linebacker?
FishingAggie
That use to work really well for us in the past.
TyHolden
AG
FishingAggie said:

That use to work really well for us in the past.
he looks like a young j-holla
TMartin
You know right now one of these young QBs is going to end up playing at TCU, etc. after Mazzone develops them.
good nuggets
AG
The real question is will they finally move RSJ to OLB and Speedy to safety?
NoahAg
vander54 said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

This.

Connor 40 time is 4.74, Mond is 4.81.
For QBs that number is inconsequential. For a WR, that is slow.
Bone6
Very different situations

Sherman inherited a WR corps that was recruited by Fran to block for the option. Sumlin has recruited the WR position very well. Plus, Tannehill had WR lineage in his family with his dad being one at Tech.
Southlake
4.7. 4.8?

No way they are that slow.
tusi7095
AG
Pretty sure Tannehil was a 4.6 guy.
AG
Yeah, it's very realistic.

Despite all the 4.4s and 4.5s every high school player claims to have, TRUE 4.5 speed is rare.

Most of these skill position kids coming out of high school are 4.7-4.9 guys. And that is fast. Just look at the NFL combine times and remind yourself that those guys are the best players in the world.
BrandoC
AG
Not going to happen.
theeyetest
4 said:

Yeah, it's very realistic.

Despite all the 4.4s and 4.5s every high school player claims to have, TRUE 4.5 speed is rare.

Most of these skill position kids coming out of high school are 4.7-4.9 guys. And that is fast. Just look at the NFL combine times and remind yourself that those guys are the best players in the world.
I must've been rare in HS then. I ran a 4.48 (non-wind aided) 40 my senior year in high school when I walked on at Midwestern State. I think average speed for skill players is probably right around 4.5 or so.
NoahAg
Quote:

Most of these skill position kids coming out of high school are 4.7-4.9 guys.
Dude. I really doubt that many DBs, WRs, and RBs getting offers from D1 schools are running 4.9. No way.

Heck, I ran a 4.9 as a slow, white, 5'8" second-string soccer player.
Amazing Moves
It would be nice to have a line of QB's who step in with at least a few years of development. Instead of a grad transfer, true or, redshirt freshman etc. Kinda like Tech had under Leach or, Fedora has had at UNC.
rodray
since nothing is really happening now I dont frequent the site much but heres what I know.
Connor is 100% and has been fully released to participate in all activities. Before the summer break all players where tested... 40, vertical,bench, power cling...etc. Connor ran in the low 4.6 fastest QB, verticle 32, second best behind a walk on.. Bench 290lbs... Hubes 330lbs...power cling second behind Hubes... As far as him playing WR...lets just say theres alot of other places he can play QB if thats what it comes down to. The coaches have all informed him that he will have every opportunity in fall to prove himself. As far as him redshirting fine with me but the coaches have made it very clear the QB position is still wide open.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.