Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Lot P Parking Egress?

3,202 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Linz02Ag
Rusty GCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How miserable is it trying to get out of the garage by the rec after games? Any time estimates on average?

Looks like that's my lot the next 3 seasons.
Spicewood Ag
AG
Egrets?

eeinhouston
It is the worst parking exit in all of sports, save maybe a few NASCAR venues. Either leave early and run to your car or expect to wait three hours. If you wait 30 minutes to 1 hour after the game, you will be at the back of all traffic in the garage. Due to incompetence, the KK holds the P garage cars for other traffic exiting surface lots directed TOWARDS Kyle field after the game. Don't hold any hope the KK will solve this in the next three years.
redd38
AG
What does Kliff Kingsbury have to do with the parking issues?
Gigemags382
AG
Go with Lot Y, you get two teas.
Leander - Ag
AG
leave a little early or plan to tailgate after while traffic dies down.
Rusty GCS
AG
GiGeMaGs11 said:

Go with Lot Y, you get two teas.

Too late. It's already been assigned. Guess I'll be tailgating after games
007ag
AG
Last year I was really worried about this but we NEVER had an issue leaving the parking garage. Longest we waited was maybe 10min to exit.
NYCAg
I parked there for a year and would never park there again. It always took us at least an hour just to get out of that garage. Then at least another half hour to get to Hwy 6. If you hang out for a couple of hours after the game to tailgate or leave in the 3rd quarter it should be fine though.
Sarge 77
Take chairs & a cooler...wait it out.
Rusty GCS
AG
Sarge 77 said:

Take chairs & a cooler...wait it out.

I have a 4 hour drive home. I don't always get a hotel.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
They change the plan every year. Who knows??
Post removed:
by user
Linz02Ag
AG
CB_AG_09 said:

Last year I was really worried about this but we NEVER had an issue leaving the parking garage. Longest we waited was maybe 10min to exit.
This. Parked there every home game in '16
OldAg68
AG
We parked in P the last two years. We parked in D prior to that, and it was usually a long wait getting out.

After the D experience, we got to P at least two hours before kickoff and were able to get spots relatively close to the exits. We always were out in 10-15 minutes. If you exit on the north side, you go straight to Wellborn Road which is three lanes going south. We live west of Houston, so it worked out well. If you exit on the south side, your sent west on the street in front of Reed to George Bush. Also good for heading toward Houston.

If you're parked in the upper levels of any of the garages, it's likely to be a long wait.

I switched to G this year, hoping to avoid the need for early arrival.
WES2006AG
AG
Last year in P if you arrived close to game time and were at the top of the garage the wait could be brutal. We spent almost 90 minutes in the garage trying to get out after the Tennessee game.
Rusty GCS
AG
90 minutes would be considered SUPER quick at LSU or Bama
Rydyn
AG
I parked there last year.

Never had any problem getting out. Kyle Field was usually empty by the middle of the third quarter so the lot was empty.
Post removed:
by user
Linz02Ag
AG
It was a good run up until that point.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.