Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sherman available to hire!

10,441 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cc10106
Drake aTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grab him now!

The guy will be able to come in and recruit elite 3 star players, who will win us a natty in a few years.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/report-ex-texas-coach-mike-sherman-resigns-high-school-job/
AgOutsideAustin
AG
No way he still says Eggies.
C Loves L
Leave the man alone
Shooz in Katy
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

No way he still says Eggies.

Also he says "let's play phoenetical football" when he tries to say "fanatical football." Correctly locuted football is a thing of beauty, but I wish he would have told our guys to play fanatical. All they heard was phoenetical.

I do miss him, though.
Sharpshooter
AG
Keep that o-line coming. Go get him.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
That wouldn't be awkward at all
Leander - Ag
AG
Just do it
Sponge
AG
Hire him now! Just keep him out of the stadium on game day; find a separate guy for that.
OregonAggie
AG
Not a bad guy to have around the program but I'm sure at some point he's going to want to just relax.
chipotle
But...he's old. He's too old.
Ag8556
AG
Hire him as o-line analyst
67walkon
Saban will hire him as one his 60 consultants
Liquid Wrench
Not his fault those high school players couldn't learn his signals and execute the gameplan.
Purple Parrot
92_Ag
AG
Sponge said:

Hire him now! Just keep him out of the stadium on game day; find a separate guy for that.
Or just let him go home at halftime for a nap. Someone else can coach the second half.
GCP12
AG
92_Ag said:

Sponge said:

Or just let him go home at halftime for a nap. Someone else can coach the second half.
As long as the second half coach isn't sumlin, sounds good to me
jml2621
67walkon said:

Saban will hire him as one his 60 consultants
ebag02
AG
Quote:

Sherman, a Massachusetts native, went 4-18 in two seasons at Nauset but said he feels he made an impact by instilling core values in his players and teaching them life lessons.
Sherman doesn't win much on the scoreboard but he probably could beat Charlie in core values.
aeon-ag
I glad you perfect little new army brats think so highly of yourself. Go ahead, run the man down. Does this make you proud, make you feel big. You big smart ass mouths make me sick that you call yourselves Aggies. Why don't you go to t.u. that is more that is what you and your kind are turning a great University into a sewer.
cevans_40
AG
aeon-ag said:

I glad you perfect little new army brats think so highly of yourself. Go ahead, run the man down. Does this make you proud, make you feel big. You big smart ass mouths make me sick that you call yourselves Aggies. Why don't you go to t.u. that is more that is what you and your kind are turning a great University into a sewer.

Says the man who has no problem bashing Sumlin
Drake aTm
AG
aeon-ag said:

What a snowflake
92_Ag
AG
aeon-ag said:

Lighten up Francis. There is this thing called 'humor' and you might want to look into it. Otherwise the Internet might not be the best place for you unless you own stock in blood pressure medication pharmaceuticals.
dcAg
He could recruit!
IDaggie06
AG
this many posts in and no Combine picture? what happened Texags?
AGGies0311
TRIGGERED
Leander - Ag
Ronnie Mund
Quote:

Sherman, a Massachusetts native, went 4-18 in two seasons at Nauset but said he feels he made an impact by instilling core values in his players and teaching them life lessons.
Champions of life!
Cannonball!
AG
would make a great 2nd half OC!
Goodest Poster
AG
It would be awkward, but it is a chance for the University to make some type of amends for the way they handled his dismissal. Always liked Sherman, just not in duty as head coach.
monarch
S
He stabilized our program when it was a mess
rebelAg02
I would love to have him back at A&M. He had some unlucky breaks and made some mistakes but don't think he gets near enough credit for fixing the decade of mess he inherited from late RC years and Fran.
92Ag95
AG
Good man. Didn't deserve the way he was let go. Lost some respect for A&M after that.
redjalapeno-87
Maybe he could be added to the staff as the Nap Consultant.

A good nap is refreshing! And he seems to excel at it.
Tomdoss92
AG
Any man that hates Warren Sapp is A-ok in my book!
AnalogyAg
think his finest moment may have been that 52-30 Tech victory in Lubbock- a total domination of a teamthat had our number for years, and it came on the heels of maybe the LOWEST point in his tenure- 14-62 KState the week before.

i think the program turned a corner there- we've been a more physical team ever since. still w highs and lows- but different.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.