Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sapp calls Garrett "Lazy"

12,320 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by schmellba99
JM13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Warren Sapp says Myles is lazy, makes 4 plays a game and isn't worthy of a number 1 pick
Bone6
In this ridiculous media culture of going for shock value to get clicks, there is a very good chance that Sapp doesn't even believe what he said.

Sapp is a guy who got a solid push with media opportunities after retiring, yet his air time and opportunities have dwindled since then. Maybe he does believe what he said, but I think it's even more likely that this is an attempt for him to get air time and try to maintain a level of relevance. This is the kind of crap that makes me glad that ESPN is failing.
Electric
AG
Rooting for Myles but I definitely didn't feel the same way about him that I did about Von or even Coryatt back in the day. Those guys never disappeared in games. His measurables are off the charts though and that's what is potentially getting him the #1 pick.
John Francis Donaghy
I wouldn't call him lazy, but he has yet to prove he can be a consistent difference maker against quality opponants.

I think the biggest reason that question remains unanswered is his being injured through the meat of last season's schedule, so not really his fault, but it still leaves a big question mark as to his NFL abilities.

Measurables are off the charts, but if I'm an NFL GM making the call, I think Barnett is the safer pick, albeit with less upside potential.
aggiesq
AG
Sapp is stoned, ignore him
Snake
AG
IDGAF what Sapp says
ViralAg
I don't know if he's lazy or not, but there is no doubt Garrett was inconsistent and did not show up in a lot of conference games. If it was because of injuries, then there are durability concerns. It's completely understandable if he doesn't go number 1.
Meximan
If being lazy means being tackled to the ground on every play by three offensive linemen, then yes, he is lazy.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Friend of booger
Claud
Saying Myles is lazy is just plain wrong.

However, seeing Myles go crazy against UTSA and dance on the field looking totally healthy and then not getting a single solo tackle against LSU and K State combined should have teams worried.

Barnett is the safer pick but Myles obviously has tremendous upside.
Ragoo
AG
Myles comes from a solid family and not the other side of the tracks. Sapp, booger etc. probably think Myles should have more hatred and anger for the world because of their common skin color.
EKG1996
AG
Lazy analysis. Playing injured this year may have given the appearance of taking plays off but Myles is not lazy.
Jack Cheese
AG
Ragoo said:

Myles comes from a solid family and not the other side of the tracks. Sapp, booger etc. probably think Myles should have more hatred and anger for the world because of their common skin color.

Hot taek that feels totally accurate.

PS did Sapp ever play through a high ankle sprain when he could have sat and improved his draft stock? Didn't think so.

PPS Mike Sherman wasn't scared of Warren Sapp.
Cancelled
AG
Myles is obviously a wonderful young man. He is also a physical specimen and a good player. I do think he's a bit too finesse for my liking. I'd much prefer a guy like the DE for tennesssee. Myles has a bit too much Clowney and not enough Haley.
BombayAg
JM13 said:

Warren Sapp says Myles is lazy, makes 4 plays a game and isn't worthy of a number 1 pick
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19225223/warren-sapp-think-myles-garrett-no-1-pick
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Sapp is getting paid by the click cause the dumbass burned through all his money and went broke.
_lefraud_
AG
Lazy is soliciting a prostitute. Sapp knows a little something about that.
RadAg14
AG
queso1 said:

Myles is obviously a wonderful young man. He is also a physical specimen and a good player. I do think he's a bit too finesse for my liking. I'd much prefer a guy like the DE for tennesssee. Myles has a bit too much Clowney and not enough Haley.

Clowney was selected to the pro bowl this year and lead the team with watts hurt...
Dr Lane Trowlan
AgOutsideAustin said:

Sapp is getting paid by the click cause the dumbass burned through all his money and went broke.

Came here to say this. You can critique Myles' game, but calling him lazy is just a lazy analysis. Sapp is a dumbass who wasn't even smart enough to handle 8 figures worth of money and is now somehow broke. He was a good player, but it doesn't mean his analysis means much...
BostonAg74
Warren Sapp vs. Mike Sherman

Warren Sapp vs. Michael Strahan

Warren Sapp vs. Brandon Marshall

Warren Sapp vs. 2 Prostitutes

Warren Sapp Bankruptcy

Warren Sapp vs. His Girlfriend

Warren Sapp is a colossal dirtbag who failed at all but one thing in his life. So why would anyone listen to him about anything?
aggiesq
AG
you left out this nugget

Quote:

FOOTBALL; Sapp, Potential No. 1 Draft Pick, Fails Drug Tests
By MIKE FREEMAN
Published: March 14, 1995

University of Miami defensive lineman Warren Sapp, the potential No. 1 pick in next month's National Football League draft, and his teammate, running back James Stewart, also a potential first-round pick, both failed drug tests at the N.F.L. scouting combine in February, according to several club executives and people in the league.
According to people who were notified in writing by the league about the test results, Sapp failed both cocaine and marijuana tests. Stewart, they said, failed only the marijuana test. At the combine, a showcase of college players in front of N.F.L. talent evaluators, players are tested for cocaine, marijuana, steroids and alcohol.
EVA3
AG
Sapp is a pos. Who cares what he thinks?
TV Casualty
AG
It seems like they say that about every DE projected to go high in the draft.
Ag pride
AG
BostonAg74 said:

Warren Sapp vs. Mike Sherman

Warren Sapp vs. Michael Strahan

Warren Sapp vs. Brandon Marshall

Warren Sapp vs. 2 Prostitutes

Warren Sapp Bankruptcy

Warren Sapp vs. His Girlfriend

Warren Sapp is a colossal dirtbag who failed at all but one thing in his life. So why would anyone listen to him about anything?

Tweet it out!
BostonAg74
Do you think that Sapp is just jealous because Garrett will have a greater net worth than he does if he gets drafted first? Oh, wait.....just about any player who gets drafted will have a greater net worth than Warren Sapp.
zmurda
Good! Feed that shoulder chip! Next stop MVP Myles!
Scotty Appleton
Meximan said:

If being lazy means being tackled to the ground on every play by three offensive linemen, then yes, he is lazy.

Every play, huh?
Deputy Travis Junior
Quote:

In this ridiculous media culture of going for shock value to get clicks, there is a very good chance that Sapp doesn't even believe what he said.
Exactly. Filling up a 24 hour sport network isn't easy (just ask the LHN), so the ESPN producers literally instruct their talking heads to get on the air and make controversial statements that go against mainstream opinion. This generates pointless arguments that fill up time.

It's nothing personal, just business.
BanderaAg956
Lazy is just a stupid comment. Is he as good as advertised on an every play basis like Reggie White, Randy White, or Jack Hamm.
Trillary Clinton
OH MY GOD. ARE YOU GOSH DARN SERIOUS? THIS IS THE MOST VIAL AND FOUL THING I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE. HE HAS JUST DISRESPECTED EVERY AGGIE ON THE PLANET AND I WILL NEVER AGREE WITH ANY STATEMENT HE SAYS FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.
TheWoodsAg
AG
He was held on every play and has yet to use it as an excuse.
Ian Neff
AG
TheWoodsAg said:

He was held on every play and has yet to use it as an excuse.

This is real. I mean it. Every damned play.
Bodhi
AG
See Kyle Tours
Honestly I thought he was unmotivated too, if not lazy. Went through the motions on occassions, jogged half speed often.
dan967p
AG
I hope Cleveland trades the overall draft pick to the Cowboys. We will gladly take him.

But that will never happen.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.