Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Browns second-guessing Garrett

15,230 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TexAgs91
Sbisa Chef
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Word on NFL Network (TV) is the Browns may pick a QB as #1.
Best to him wherever he lands.
VonDaMan
AG
We lose bragging rights and Myles' career dodges a huge bullet.
mcag83
AG
Cdet85 said:

This
SABUILDERAG
This should be a thumbs up post. I would love for Myles to go #1, but I think it is better for him and us if he goes somewhere other than Cleveland. We need SB MVP's like Von, not guys spending their whole career in obscurity, getting double teamed every play because the rest of their team sucks.
rwhitlock3
AG
I think it is all just a bunch of BS that is supposed to drum up more interest in the draft. As much as it pains me to say, Myles Garrett will go number one overall to Cleveland (that's the hard part). I would love it if he slipped to two though and stayed out of Cleveland.
Ag4coal
Don't believe any of the pre draft crap. Although I hope it's true. No one should be destined to mediocrity in Cleveland
Raptor
AG
I am not a draft expert or guru, just someone who has watched/listened to every single minute of every single draft for the past 20+ years.

This is common place to see if anyone will bite on trading up for Garrett. The Browns would never pass him up, not in a million years. They just want to see if anyone else wants him more than they need him.
rbcs_2
AG
I'm all for the Browns taking a QB at #1, but this is not the time to listen to draft rumors on ESPN or NFL Network.
Moe 92
AG
Quote:

Browns will be Browns
Mr. Black
Cdet85 said:

Agreed.
Nino Brown
If I'm the Browns I trade the first pick to Pats for Garoppolo
technoviking
AG
A serious post from Raptor???

C Loves L
If the Cav's can win an NBA title. The Browns can surely be relevant at some point. I hope he goes to the Browns.
Frok
AG
If Garrett truly is great he will do well no matter where he is.
Yell Practice
Yes, Myles will be OK no matter where, IMO .
maxag42
Yeah, but I still prefer him anywhere than the Browns.
FrankK
AG
rbcs_2 said:

I'm all for the Browns taking a QB at #1, but this is not the time to listen to draft rumors on ESPN or NFL Network.
Would you please tell me when it is time to listen to anything said on espn or NFL Network?
Flashdiaz
AG
I care less about bragging rights and more about Myles having a long and successful career.
That's not going to happen with the doodoo browns.
Bruce Almighty
AG
That would be insanely stupid of the Browns. There's no great QB in this class but there is a great pass rusher. They can still get a QB with their second first round pick.
Azariah
AG
I don't know which is worse, having to shell out for a Browns jersey or a 49ers one.
rbcs_2
AG
castonthomas said:

rbcs_2 said:

Would you please tell me when it is time to listen to anything said on espn or NFL Network?

Good point!
FishingAggie
My Christmas scenario....

Browns get qb 1st pick

Myles goes to a better team

Myles knocks 1st qb pick out. Not career ending or painful but you get the idea
ashley
If he doesn't go first I think it will be because the Browns will have traded down for draft picks.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Bragging rights?

To what? Another Aggie doomed to play for the Browns? F*** that.
Ex-liberalag12
Cdet85 said:

The latter is more important.
Meximan
Raptor said:

I am not a draft expert or guru, just someone who has watched/listened to every single minute of every single draft for the past 20+ years.

This is common place to see if anyone will bite on trading up for Garrett. The Browns would never pass him up, not in a million years. They just want to see if anyone else wants him more than they need him.
If there's a team bumbling enough to make such a move, however, it would be the Browns. It's absolutely a Browns thing to do.
GreatSullysGhost
C Loves L said:

The Browns can surely be relevant at some point
The pre-preseason is their best bet.
92Ag95
AG
Frok said:

Because Garrett truly is great he will do well no matter where he is.
fify
brotheraggie
M. Garett to the Houston Texans
ashley
The Texans don't need a D end
AggieTFA06
AG
ashley said:

The Texans don't need a D end
Yes we do- Texans GM Rick Smith
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
jtkk
The Browns have not been relevant since the 1960's. They have sucked since then and they will suck for the next twenty years at least. For the love of God please let them pass on selecting Garrett and let him go to a team that takes football seriously.
fredfredunderscorefred
They also completely ignored a fake girlfriend in order to build hype when Johnny was clearly the heisman front runner

Not going to Browns is a good thing. Hopefully they trade first pick. But Myles has stated he wants to go first so I'll be happy for him if he goes 1st even if it is to the Browns. Dude so far has exhibited qualities that make me want him to have a very successful career in the NFL
zephyr88
AG
Moe 92 said:

Quote:

Browns will be Browns
Browns trollin'... didn't you see the movie?
John Francis Donaghy
Bruce Almighty said:

That would be insanely stupid of the Browns. There's no great QB in this class but there is a great pass rusher. They can still get a QB with their second first round pick.

Derrick Barnett?

Trading down would be great move for the Browns, if they can trade #1 for something in the 2-10 range paired with another 2nd-4th rd pick. Trade Garrett for Barnett, and have another pick to upgrade another need.

Which is why I'm afraid the Browns will Brown, and take Garrett, and expect him to single handedly upgrade their team like they have with every other first round pick they've hung their hopes on.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.