Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RIP Tiffany Raven

8,036 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by always gig em
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Floyd Raven's mother passed away last weekend. Just got this request for help with medical and funeral expenses in my email. Cross posted to WBB; Floyd's wife Tori played for the Ags.
Quote:

Howdy 12th Man,

I wish I was writing to you under happier circumstances, but my husband, Floyd Raven ('16), and I lost my mother, Tiffany, on Saturday night, the day before Easter. She had struggled with respiratory infections after Hurricane Katrina and having to live in FEMA trailers. Relocating to Dallas was hard, but it was the path that brought me to Aggieland. My mother loved Texas A&M because of the people. She saw me mature, receive my Aggie Ring and diploma, marry the love of my life, an Aggie student athlete, Floyd Raven, and then witness the birth of our son, Skylon. I am grateful for all of that, but this week has been extremely hard, not only emotionally, but also learning the financial cost of death. As a family, we learned that we were underinsured and we have significant need when it comes to paying medical and burial expenses associated with my mother's passing. We plan to lay our mom to rest on Saturday, April 22, but we need help so I am reaching out to Ags, hoping the Aggie Network can help bring peace to my mother and family, while celebrating her tremendous life.

There are two ways to help: (1) Mail a check with a note that funds are to assist Tori Scott to the 12th Man Foundation, P.O. Box 2800, College Station, TX 77841-2800 or (2) use your credit card and call the 12th Man Foundation at 979-846-8892 and explain that you want to make a contribution to Tori Scott's mother's expenses.

Thanks and Gig 'Em!
Tori (Scott) Raven '15
Sandman23
AG
Here.
BostonAg74
From the wording of the original post, I realize it was an easy mistake to make, but perhaps Staff can edit the thread title to correct the name to Tiffany Scott (Floyd Raven's mother in law)
Moe 92
AG
Donated. RIP Ms. Scott. C'mon Ags, let's help these great former student athletes out.
Texagsubscriber
Quote:

but my husband, Floyd Raven ('16), and I lost my mother
??????
maxag42
Here
Anodyne
FrontPorchAg
here
Azariah
AG
This is terrible news, and I feel for them. I do have a question, though. Why are the children responsible for the mother's debts to the medical people? Shouldn't that be on the estate?
dixichkn
AG
Here
biobioprof
BostonAg74 said:

From the wording of the original post, I realize it was an easy mistake to make, but perhaps Staff can edit the thread title to correct the name to Tiffany Scott (Floyd Raven's mother in law)
I misread whose mother it was.
THEamc
AG
Here
champagnepapi
Azariah said:

This is terrible news, and I feel for them. I do have a question, though. Why are the children responsible for the mother's debts to the medical people? Shouldn't that be on the estate?

The Collective
AG
I thought we couldn't help former athletes.
champagnepapi
After doing some search queries it looks as though next of kin or children are not legally responsible for the costs even if the mother had no insurance.

But I respect the matters none the less.
mcag83
ed65
Funeral expenses will be the responsibilities of the next of kin. Not sure about hospital bills , urgent care etc.
always gig em
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.