Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Losing games on purpose...

3,295 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TyHolden
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/high-school/watch-video-emerges-controversial-dunbar-belmont-football-game-with-plays-even-odder-than-described/f32vqCF9JFq1MBe5yyF28M/

explains a lot...
sleepybeagle
AG
Always interesting when it happens. But honestly - how do you penalize teams/players who are trained to win - when they lose to win?

rwhitlock3
AG
wow... that really sucks. I can't imagine having to tell your players to lose the game or for the players, to actually play to lose!
fightinag
rwhitlock3 said:

wow... that really sucks. I can't imagine having to tell your players to lose the game or for the players, to actually play to lose!
Ah....we've finally discovered the Sumlin Plan !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
TheSwingingGate
AG
Curious to know how the referee stopped the game on both plays. What was the flag or the penalty?
Unemployed
AG
fightinag said:

rwhitlock3 said:

Ah....we've finally discovered the Sumlin Plan !
Stupid...joke doesn't even make sense.
chipotle
Started a thread last year that A&M should have intentionally lost the game to Alabama. Had we not used all our turbos in that game I'm convinced we probably could have one a few more games towards the end of the season. Thread was promptly deleted.
Brush Country
chipotle said:

Started a thread last year that A&M should have intentionally lost the game to Alabama.

You mean vs unintentionally losing it like we did?
TyHolden
AG
chipotle said:

Started a thread last year that A&M should have intentionally lost the game to Alabama. Had we not used all our turbos in that game I'm convinced we probably could have one a few more games towards the end of the season. Thread was promptly deleted.
we should have used the flux capacitor on that game
khkman22
AG
What was the point of playing to lose? It was going to be a loss either way.
C Loves L
He's saying, too much effort went into a game that we would've lost regardless. Save some of that for the last half of the season.

Honestly, the R-KANSAS, game did us in. Goal line stop after goal line stop
TyHolden
AG
Maybe we should pull a popavich and just play the b-teamers against bama, lsu, ole miss, and miss st. We really need to get to 9-4.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.