Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Anthony Cook's Top 10

5,262 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Meximan
Coconut17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saw CB Anthony Cook released his top 10:

FSU
Notre Dame
Clemson
Florida
USC
LSU
Ohio St.
Baylor
Georgia
Texas

How do we not make his or Jalen Green's top 10? I know it's not the end of the world or anything and still early in recruiting, but Cook is the composite #1 player in Texas and Green is the #5 composite player yet we can't even make the list of schools they are still considering? Seems we are putting all our hopes on landing Verone McKinley III for this class.
Schrute
Maybe they want to go somewhere that wins more than 8 games?
Pylon Cam
AG
Schrute said:

Right.
8-4 LSU
7-6 Georgia
7-6 Baylor
5-7 Texas
4-8 Notre Dame

Some kids just don't like us. Also, rankings aren't everything. We stopped pursing Green, and that was our choice. I trust our staff over 24/7sports every day of the week. Also, Foster and Cook just don't like us.
vander54
S
HSFootballAg24 said:

Schrute said:

Right.
8-4 LSU
7-6 Georgia
7-6 Baylor
5-7 Texas
4-8 Notre Dame

Some kids just don't like us. Also, rankings aren't everything. We stopped pursing Green, and that was our choice. I trust our staff over 24/7sports every day of the week. Also, Foster and Cook just don't like us.

Unfortunately Texag users don't use logic like this.
Sniffing Accountant
AG
Don't care until NSD
2thFixinAg
HSFootballAg24 said:

Schrute said:

Right.
8-4 LSU
7-6 Georgia
7-6 Baylor
5-7 Texas
4-8 Notre Dame

oh we offered him. We were actually one of the first to do so. It didn't matter. Obviously it's not the end of the world to lose out on a recruit here or there. But The telling part is to not make Green's or Cook's top 10. Something isn't right when that happens.And it's not because we are stacked at corner for the next 3 years. Either one probably starts or plays nickel freshman year. It appears that the only thing Sumlin did well (recruit) is starting to tank.
vander54
S
2thFixinAg said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

Schrute said:

Right.
8-4 LSU
7-6 Georgia
7-6 Baylor
5-7 Texas
4-8 Notre Dame

oh we offered him. We were actually one of the first to do so. It didn't matter. Obviously it's not the end of the world to lose out on a recruit here or there. But The telling part is to not make Green's or Cook's top 10. Something isn't right when that happens.And it's not because we are stacked at corner for the next 3 years. Either one probably starts or plays nickel freshman year. It appears that the only thing Sumlin did well (recruit) is starting to tank.

This has been said every year and every year we end up with a very good to great class.
Texan1976
HSFootballAg24 said:

Schrute said:

Right.
8-4 LSU
7-6 Georgia
7-6 Baylor
5-7 Texas
4-8 Notre Dame

Why?
Snap E Tom
2thFixinAg said:

It appears that the only thing Sumlin did well (recruit) is starting to tank.
Found the drama queen.
ViralAg
Lol at anyone who still "trusts this staff." They have done nothing to deserve any of our trust since 2012.
Pylon Cam
AG
2thFixinAg said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

Schrute said:

Right.
8-4 LSU
7-6 Georgia
7-6 Baylor
5-7 Texas
4-8 Notre Dame

Again, we stopped contact with Green and cut ties with him weeks before he released his top list.
Pylon Cam
AG
Texan1976 said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

Schrute said:

Right.
8-4 LSU
7-6 Georgia
7-6 Baylor
5-7 Texas
4-8 Notre Dame

Why?
They rank players based off of popularity and schools they like (ex: Texas leans/commits are helped out by 24/7), and we see how often the rankings aren't correct because of misguided analysis.

Rankings do not take into account attitude, or work ethic, or being coachable. They also overvalue certain statistics and people who go to the camp circuits. For example, A&M signee Carson Green played better and has better measureables than All-American Chuck Filaga, and yet Green barely got three stars. This is all because Green chose to workout with his team instead of with camps.

Our staff is going out and finding guys like Green, instead of chasing stars that are misguided and have attitudes.

Back to the current subject, we wanted Cook and we lost. You lose more than you win in recruiting. This happens sometimes. We no longer wanted Jalen Green and so we stopped pursuing him.
thebubbaisin
AG
Coconut17 said:

Just saw CB Anthony Cook released his top 10:

FSU
Notre Dame
Clemsom
Florida
USC
LSU
Ohio St.
Baylor
Georgia
Texas

How do we not make his or Jalen Green's top 10? I know it's not the end of the world or anything and still early in recruiting, but Cook is the composite #1 player in Texas and Green is the #5 composite player yet we can't even make the list of schools they are still considering? Seems we are putting all our hopes on landing Verone McKinley III for this class.
Oh well. You clemsom, you lose some.
68RebelE
AG
6'0", 170 lbs. Wow, gotta have this kid.
TexAgs shows he's got offers from Ga, LSU, Baylor & A&M.
Am I missing something!?
Bet his girlfriend is impressed with his top 10.
2thFixinAg
Why did we stop pursuing Green?
His interest elsewhere?

Possibly combined with our interest in Cook. Who everyone knows is the best CB in the state?

What CB is better than either that we are going after??

We have to go after the best CBs. Because our linebackers are so horrible at Run D. The strong safety has to cheat up and play run.

Our CBs are on islands.
Stove Top
Texas and Baylor? Obviously not SEC ready!
83....Well,you humble now, homes!
GoodOldAgs
I see the pathetic justification for losing out on recruits has begun.
swc93
AG
Is today stupid rookie thread day? Ban rookies from starting threads already.
HoustonAggie37713
You can't sell winning if you're Kevin Sumlin. It looks like LSU and Texas are coming back.
Lateralus Ag
AG
2thFixinAg said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

Schrute said:

Right.
8-4 LSU
7-6 Georgia
7-6 Baylor
5-7 Texas
4-8 Notre Dame

Name one recruiting class Sumlin has had that finished well.

I will hang up amd listen...
Lateralus Ag
AG
GoodOldAgs said:

I see the pathetic justification for losing out on recruits has begun.

It has been happening for at least two offseasons, but the win with Daylon Mack and little Murray has been trotted out as a counter.

Problem is, even when Kevin has won, his recruits don't ever pan out. This is a place good recruits go to languish in mediocrity...
HoustonAggie37713
The class with Garrett, Noil, and Allen looked good on paper. Sumlin couldn't control them.
Lateralus Ag
AG
HoustonAggie37713 said:

The class with Garrett, Noil, and Allen looked good on paper. Sumlin couldn't control them.

Garrett, great player.

Noil and Allen? Ha.

Recruiting top players is like buying all the ingredients for a great meal. Until you follow through its just groceries.
Meximan
Sumlin does pretty well with jucos, honestly.

The rest? Hit-n-miss. More miss than hit.

Maybe Sumlin should just go the K State route and recruit all-juco teams, on second thought. That's good for one, two wins a year, right? Right?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.