Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

JUCO FB Question

2,781 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by zooguy96
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are the general requirements for JUCO FB (ACT-wise)?

We have a student who was Mr. Football in his classification (1A in Tennessee) who didn't go anywhere because of his ACT score. Previous to that, he was being recruited by ETSU (East Tennessee State), Georgia Tech, Tennessee, and a couple of other smaller D1 schools.

He's a good kid who tries hard and is a beast on the FB field. Getting him in a JUCO program (where he'd receive academic support) could get him into a D-1 program eventually (for perspective, even though we are a 1A school in Tennessee, we had 3 players go D1 - North Carolina, 2 at ETSU).

He's a 6'0" 280 lb DT.
Aggielandma12
AG
I think you only need a pulse to get into a JUCO.
Bike550
If the player is a non-qualifier he must complete an associates degree before he can transfer to a 4 year college and play. If he is a qualifier he can leave at any time.
Liquid Wrench
It may vary by locale, but generally, ACT isn't needed for JUCO, just a standardized state assessment test. They're pretty much open enrollment. Hopefully some time in JUCO would help him improve his ACT score.
Schrute Farms
If he's genuinely talented, contact East Mississippi College.

Two years with Brittany Wagner is a solid bet to get the grades up.
zooguy96
http://www.hudl.com/profile/5556907/josh-silvey

Here's his HUDL. As said, we are a 1A school, but play 3A and 4A schools out of district play and dominate them. Played for the state championship for the past 2 years. Lost in 2015 to a private school that had 9 players that went D1 (Daniel Bituli is one I remember - LB at Tenn). Lost in 2016 to a team who had 4-5 D1 players (I think the QB went to Vandy).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.