Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Some SWC Nostalgia

4,140 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Kemo Sabe
BlueAg2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just started a new position at SMU this week and found these in the hallway I walk through to get to my office. I figured some of you would enjoy these old cartoons:

[img]<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />[/img]
The Original AG 76
AG
Thank you so much. Really miss the SWC. Worlds biggest family feud.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Good stuff Blue, thanks for posting.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
RIP, old SWC. It is hard to believe that at one time the perception of the SWC was equal to that of the SEC. TV deals and probation (all turned in by tu) ruined the league.
aggdds79
AG
I actually have the second one and several others from when I was a kid. I used to try and draw and copy them on a larger scale.
CapCityAg89
AG
SWC when I started A&M in 84 was awesome. Great games every week against friends and/or family. There was always someone you knew in the other color. I liked the Big 12 when it started and I love the common culture and the competitiveness of the SEC. but the SWC was family hate every week and that's as good as it gets.
BaileyAg
AG
Always loved these.
It was a hell of a lot of fun then
Leander - Ag
AG
sMU and aggie former student.
agnatgas
AG
Great stuff. Heard the number of tape jobs on the Horns equaled their losses.
William_C_G
AG
I remember the 17-9 victory over Arky at Fayetteville circa 1971, which is shown in the second cartoon from the top. We were a heavy underdog and had no business winning that game. But we took it to them.
etexorange
Quote:

probation (all turned in by tu) ruined the league
Really? "tu" got the federal government to initiate a HUD investigation into Warren Gilbert (A&M paying players), and "tu" got Nebraska fan Dale Hansen to go public with SMU's sins on Channel 8 in Dallas? Which Dale Hansen got from a disenchanted former player (David Stanley) and a disenchanted former athletic department employee?
Texker
AG
Don't recall the year but we were in CS one weekend and athletic dept. happened to have a surplus sale in G Rollie on Sat AM. Wish I would have purchased a number of SWC and bowl swag items. Did pick-up a game used helmet for about $100.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
etexorange said:

Quote:

probation (all turned in by tu) ruined the league
Really? "tu" got the federal government to initiate a HUD investigation into Warren Gilbert (A&M paying players), and "tu" got Nebraska fan Dale Hansen to go public with SMU's sins on Channel 8 in Dallas? Which Dale Hansen got from a disenchanted former player (David Stanley) and a disenchanted former athletic department employee?

Get outta here! Your tea is boiling over.
Raptor
AG
I own this clock , but my wife will not allow me to put it up in the house.
MROD92
Give it to me, I'll put it up
MROD92
True, and the holes in The Red Raider cowboy hat also determine the number of losses
Moe 92
AG
Raptor said:

I own this clock , but my wife will not allow me to put it up in the house.
* rule 1?
* just don't hang it in the kitchen
/texags]
Amazing Moves
cool
Purple Parrot
Nice
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I'd hang it and challenge anyone that talks sh*+ about it!
Kemo Sabe
Man our world was really small back then. Don't miss a damn thing about the old SWC days. Good riddance and shovel more dirt on it. It keeps wanting to rear its ugly head.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.