Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

12 States needed for fundraiser!!!

1,746 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bodhi
AgJunkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy all, sorry to post this on the football board if its not the correct venue for something like this I'll be happy to move it, but I need assistance from the Texags network for a friend. My buddy& coworker David Carroll( 08') and his family have recently gone through the terrible experience of having one of their children(3 years old) being diagnosed with Leukemia. Great news- she beat it! The wonderful people of Texas Children's helped them fight through it and just a few months ago, their daughter overcame the disease and got to "ring the bell".

Unfortunately, too many of these children don't get to be counted among the fortunate. Recently, David's wife Stephanie was nominated and volunteered to take part in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Man/Woman of the year campaign with the goal of raising 150k for research over 10 weeks and is giving every effort possible to accomplish it. For anyone who's familiar with these campaigns, they have several "blitzes" throughout that 10 week period with different goals that earn them kickers and bonuses for their total. The current one is a competition to get donations(of any amount) from as many of the 50 states as possible. They only have a few left and little time, so I thought it might be time for a little Aggie Outreach. Anyone with connections across the 50, please help them "check off the final states." *And regardless of in those states or not, I would encourage everyone to click the link, read their story, view the pictures and if it so compels you, give to a great cause. Their daughter, through the grace of God was born to a family with the financial means to fight the disease, but too many others are not and could use any help they can get.

This is the link to GIVE ONLINE. We need to get a donation from every state by Friday the 21st (muster) even if its just a buck.

There are only 12 states left.
  • Alaska
  • Delaware
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Maine
  • Mississippi
  • Nebraska
  • New Mexico
  • North Dakota
  • Rhode Island
  • Vermont
  • Wymoming

Thanks and Gigem' for any and all help any of you can be:
AgJunkie
Bump
Bodhi
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.