Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Music after game-winning touchdown

4,500 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SquawkITag
NedMac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First time poster. I'm in a community theater group performing "The Best Little *****house In Texas." If that's a sensitive topic for Aggies I apologize but I'm serving as sort of unofficial historian for our group. The script calls for an announcer to broadcast the game-winning touchdown for the Aggies over UT and then it says the Aggie War Hymn is to commence. I'd always understood that the band played "Hot Time" when a TD was scored. Would it make a difference if it was the game winning TD with no time left?
I'm an Illinois grad as is my dad but he graduated from Jefferson High in San Antonio and we spend a couple of weeks a year in central Texas so I do have some remote ties to the state. Thanks for any replies.
Flashdiaz
AG
lol, it's not a sensitive subject.... we won!

I would say it's the same song regardless of time left. Others will chime in with hopefully helpful responses.

and thanks for trying to make the play as accurate as possible.
schmendeler
aggiebrad94
AG
Quote:

lol, it's not a sensitive subject.... we won!
We won! And then scored, and scored, and scored again.
Al Bula
AG
CrottyKid
AG
I don't know what happened back then, but my feeling would be that everyone would go crazy. Then, after some time, everyone would regroup and sing the War Hymn. If anything was played immediately after the TD, it would probably be Hot Time.
p-wonk01
AG
CrottyKid said:

I don't know what happened back then, but my feeling would be that everyone would go crazy. Then, after some time, everyone would regroup and sing the War Hymn. If anything was played immediately after the TD, it would probably be Hot Time.
I'd probably say this. I was in the Aggie Band myself. More than likely we'd all be going crazy and then play hot time. The teams would shake hands and we'd then play the War Hymn.

If you are planning to do this for the play, then it doesn't really matter. Perhaps both in succession. Technically every time the War Hymn is played, Hot Time is attached to the end of it without a gap (so you'd hear it twice in that regard).
Gladiator-91
AG
Just play La Grange by ZZ Top.
68RebelE
AG
It's a play...... Play the only song the audience might recognize - The War Hymn. After all, sooner or later after a big win, that's the song they would play & everybody would celebrate with.
bero88
Or just play that one song by Kanye
fightinag
Songs would be few and far between
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
GoodOldAgs

One of these
Mike Elko
AG
fightinag said:

Songs would be few and far between
Damn, your shtick is old and annoying. Quit complaining, shut your yapper, and learn how to correctly use ellipses.
NedMac
Thanks everyone. We'll probably go with the first few bars of the Aggie War Hymn. I've explained to my fellow cast members what Teasippers are (also in the script). I'm playing the Governor; according to my research he was one of those which is perhaps why he ordered the Chicken Ranch closed.
schmendeler
AG
NedMac said:

Thanks everyone. We'll probably go with the first few bars of the Aggie War Hymn. I've explained to my fellow cast members what Teasippers are (also in the script). I'm playing the Governor; according to my research he was one of those which is perhaps why he ordered the Chicken Ranch closed.
thank marvin zindler.
Spyderman
AG

WillD
AG
BigXII 1998 Championship
JustisWalkert
AG
Gladiator-91 said:

Just play La Grange by ZZ Top.
http://radio.cbssports.com/video/category/radio-com-originals/3328100-billy-gibbons-on-zz-tops-return-to-la-grange/

Been there. Saw that.
judgep
As a former BQ, Class of '83, the answer is HOT TIME! HOT TIME is the only song we play immediately after our team scores. It doesn't matter if it is the game winning score or a score that still leaves us behind our opponent, HOT TIME is it.
Aftermath
AG
schmendeler said:

NedMac said:

thank marvin zindler.

Here' an idea for a twist on the old story! Have the Corps of Cadets tar and feather the governor and Marvin Zindler.... Then re- open the Best little ***** house in LaGrange as a Brew Pub/ Bordello....Have ZZ Top play the Grand Opening on A&M/ tu weekend... Light the bonfire there and in a tragic ending the party gets out of hand, a cold front comes thru, the wind picks up and the hidden still catch fire and burns the place to the ground!!!!! It will be Awesome!!
ABATTBQ11
AG
It doesn't matter. We play hot time after every score.
zephyr88
AG
he lost me at "I'm in a community theater group "...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
We should play Kanye after touchdowns. That would be sweet.
UntoldSpirit
AG
NedMac said:

Good deal NedMac. Can you tell us your understanding of what a teasip (we normally shorten teasipper to teasip) is so we can check your work? :-)

SquawkITag
AG
OP just make sure your audience understands that everything burnt orange is evil and you will be historically correct.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.