Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M Women's Lacrosse is going to Nationals !!! Whoop!!!!!!

6,520 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Yell Practice
Trillary Clinton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Title IX
Owlagdad
Two or three schools (private and a charter) are playing in Tyler-- may be catching on some
Windy City Ag
AG
LAX is mainly concentrated in the larger cities but has been growing rapidly in the suburbs and now in smaller and mid size cities.

State Competition has been dominated historically by the Dallas area teams, with Highland Park, ESD, Jesuit, and St. Marks winning the state wide titles of late. The Woodlands is currently ranked #1 in the state.

If you look at the state wide Lacrosse organizations, it is now divided into four zones covering North, Central, South, and San Antonio.

http://thsll.org/

My boys got into the sport and they play all over the Metroplex.

Coppell, Plano, Plano West, Allen, McKinney, Prosper, Lovejoy, Flower Mound, Southlake, Rockwall, and Highland Park host school specific club teams and played my kids squad. This is for elementary school and those teams all role up to Varsity squads.

If you look through the other regions, most large school districts are fielding teams in Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.

The sport was really nowhere to be found 20 years ago and is growing quickly, Most of the elite NCAA Lacrosse programs - Mens and Womens - view Texas as a recruiting hotbed. The highly competitive NCAA programs like Syracuse, Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame, and Ohio State sign kids from Texas every year.

Good read on the subject.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/otherhighschoolheadlines/2013/03/01/recruiters-see-dallas-as-lacrosse-hotbed

KidDoc
AG
Windy City Ag said:

LAX is mainly concentrated in the larger cities but has been growing rapidly in the suburbs and now in smaller and mid size cities.

State Competition has been dominated historically by the Dallas area teams, with Highland Park, ESD, Jesuit, and St. Marks winning the state wide titles of late. The Woodlands is currently ranked #1 in the state.

If you look at the state wide Lacrosse organizations, it is now divided into four zones covering North, Central, South, and San Antonio.

http://thsll.org/

My boys got into the sport and they play all over the Metroplex.

Coppell, Plano, Plano West, Allen, McKinney, Prosper, Lovejoy, Flower Mound, Southlake, Rockwall, and Highland Park host school specific club teams and played my kids squad. This is for elementary school and those teams all role up to Varsity squads.

If you look through the other regions, most large school districts are fielding teams in Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.

The sport was really nowhere to be found 20 years ago and is growing quickly, Most of the elite NCAA Lacrosse programs - Mens and Womens - view Texas as a recruiting hotbed. The highly competitive NCAA programs like Syracuse, Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame, and Ohio State sign kids from Texas every year.

Good read on the subject.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/otherhighschoolheadlines/2013/03/01/recruiters-see-dallas-as-lacrosse-hotbed

Actually I played with Memorial High School in Houston back in 88-91 despite attending Katy Taylor myself. At that time it was Memorial vs the private schools (Kincaid, Episcopal, a few others). Then I played with the Aggie team 1991-1995. When I was playing there was no female team at A&M.

BTW this is not a Title IX sport. It is a club based sport that receives marginal support from the U.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Windy City Ag
AG
I talked with a dad from EHS at a recent tournament. He told me it is growing in the Houston Metro but not at the rate of other areas.

He said the two biggest barriers in the large public systems are football coaches who don't want to see their players get injured playing a high-contact spring sport and the popularity of nearly year round baseball clubs.

But it has definitely grown out the wealthier public and private zones. The Houston zone fields teams now in Friendswood, Cypress, Klein, Magnolia, Stratford, Pearland, etc.

It will never be a UIL level sport unless it breaks out of the major metro areas like it has in the Northeast and Midwest.

And it looks like your Katy Taylor Mustangs have their own team now.
Yell Practice
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.