Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bama fan visiting in October: Kyle Field RFI

8,847 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by UATide4Ever
68RebelE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LOL! You're right.
I wonder how many Ags on this site will read Bill O'Reillys new book "Old School"??
I think the gulf is widening.
UATide4Ever
I've heard all of that. I'm also very interested to see Coach Bryant's name on the stadium and Coach Stallings'. I was in school at UA when Coach Stallings was the coach.........even went to the same church. Great man.

We do share alot of history......albeit distant. We were fortunate to get Coach Bryant to come home and Stallings won us a national championship.
UATide4Ever
If Texas A&M beats UCLA, I expect you guys to come in undefeated.

We could easily lose to FSU.

I think at worst we both come into the game with one loss.
duddleysdraw88
AG
SARATOGA said:

We are the best destination for college road tripping in the country when you consider the following combination of factors....

1) Great Food
2) Southern Hospitality
3) Great Fans
4) Beautiful Stadium and SEC environment
5) Great city, not to big or small
6) Great night life
7) Plenty of places to stay (either hotel, or airbnb, or vrbo)
8) Did I mention the BBQ and Food ?

AND THE TOPPER THAT NO OTHER SEC SCHOOL WILL OFFER AS CONSISTENTLY AS US....

YOUR TEAM WILL WIN !

Hard to beat that in a road trip ! We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we.

UATide4Ever,

I know pork is the mainstay of Alabama BBQ. Don't get your hopes up here. This is beef country. Think brisket. Also, there are not any "great" BBQ restaurants in College Station. Nothing even close to Jim n Nick's or Saw's.

HOWEVER, there will be some exceptional BBQ amongst the tailgaters.

Come early. Follow the smoke. Proudly wear your crimson and walk up to any of the tailgates or tents and introduce yourselves. You'll likely end up with a drink in your hand, some awesome brisket, sausage, or maybe even some pulled pork!

One more thing........ no more pick 6's please!
UATide4Ever
Thanks for the info. I forgot it is beef country, but that is just awesome! I plan on filling my belly several times over.
Fitch
AG
If you're coming to town definitely wear your gear and be prepared for a lot of folks to say "howdy" or "welcome!"

A cold beer at the Dixie Chicken is an absolute must. Get a plate of crackers, sausage and cheese and throw some bones if you can find a table.

Stay at the Cavalry Court hotel or George Hotel at Century Square. Theyre awesome upgrades over the usual offerings in town.
Al Bula
AG
68RebelE said:

UATide, one more thing. If you hear anyone in Maroon booing,.... ignore them. They're not Aggies. They're our walmart fans.
Get off your high horse. There is plenty of booing at Kyle Field when the refs blow a call.
Caesar4
AG
UATide4Ever, I thought I'd share this link to the A&M calendar in case it might be useful for you.
http://calendar.tamu.edu
Lateralus Ag
AG
68RebelE said:

UATide, one more thing. If you hear anyone in Maroon booing,.... ignore them. They're not Aggies. They're our walmart fans.

I am an Aggie and I boo when it is warranted. I even got a diploma and everything.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Fitch said:

If you're coming to town definitely wear your gear and be prepared for a lot of folks to say "howdy" or "welcome!"

A cold beer at the Dixie Chicken is an absolute must. Get a plate of crackers, sausage and cheese and throw some bones if you can find a table.

Stay at the Cavalry Court hotel or George Hotel at Century Square. Theyre awesome upgrades over the usual offerings in town.

Or try The Stella in Traditions. Only 4* hotel in the area.
Spider69
AG
UATide4Ever said:

I know visitors get the worst seats (I get it), but how "bad" are the visitor seats in you endzone upper decks?

My seats are in 241 SEZ .just above the visiting band section. Decent view but trying to relocate to an upper row in SEZ corner section if possible.

Do try to be over at the Quad 1-1/2 hrs before KO to enjoy the Corps step off. Then get to Kyle Field to watch march in & pregame stuff. Tailgates in nearby Spence Park (east side of stadium; but note compass directions at TAMU are deceiving!) before step off; plenty of tailgates post game.

Tickets: TMF uses Flash Seats. So that App makes grabbing tickets pretty easy. You can try to search for them by section #.

Gig'em & Welcome to Kyle Field & Texas! Hope to see the Tide rolling back to Alabama like I did after the 1968 Cotton Bowl!
UATide4Ever
Thanks!
Goldie Wilson
UATide4Ever said:

I've heard all of that. I'm also very interested to see Coach Bryant's name on the stadium and Coach Stallings'. I was in school at UA when Coach Stallings was the coach.........even went to the same church. Great man.

We do share alot of history......albeit distant. We were fortunate to get Coach Bryant to come home and Stallings won us a national championship.
Yeah but we stole Fran from you. Checkmate.
WILDMAN95
AG
UATide4Ever said:

BTW, if you are talking about the names in the corner towers of the stadium as shown in the early renderings, like this:

They got scrapped at some point along the way and didn't happen. Just don't want you to be disappointed.

Gig 'Em.
UATide4Ever
Didn't know that. Thanks for the update.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.