Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bama fan visiting in October: Kyle Field RFI

8,818 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by UATide4Ever
UATide4Ever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I missed the 2013 and 2015 games in College Station, but I am finally making it this October (and very excited about it!).

I've thoroughly enjoyed the Aggie fans in Tuscaloosa as they are easily, by far, the friendliest fans in the SEC. Hopefully they are that way in College Station too!...............lol.

Anyway, I will be trying to get tickets in the Bama section and wanted to know what sections are normally allocated to the visitors. This is what I found on a Tennessee website from last year:

409-412 top 20 rows
418-421 top 20 rows
130 after the first 12 rows
131-Entire Section
349-350 top 20 rows

Does that sound correct?

hunter2012
AG
That sounds right but you'd be welcome in any section. Sure you might run into one of our asshats(every fanbase has them), but likely the other Ags will shut them up if your second pick 6 doesn't do it first.
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
hunter2012 said:

if your second pick 6 doesn't do it first.
McInnis80
That looks right. The upper corners of the endzones are for visitors, the 130 and 131 are also visitors, the visiting band is usually in 130. The visiting team entrance is by 130. The visiting team in on the east side and the second and third decks as well as part of the first deck outside the 20's are Texas A&M students.

We have by far the largest student section in the country.

Wear your Bama gear, the more obnoxious the better. It can't look worse the the dreamsicle orange and white checkerboard overalls we saw last year.
Lateralus Ag
AG
hunter2012 said:

That sounds right but you'd be welcome in any section. Sure you might run into one of our asshats(every fanbase has them), but likely the other Ags will shut them up if your second pick 6 doesn't do it first.

Bammer, when he says asshat just think typical Bammer and you have a good mental picture of what he means...
85Photon
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

hunter2012 said:

Bammer, when he says asshat just think typical Bammer and you have a good mental picture of what he means...
Rest LA. Bama fans have been classy in our experience. Ags usually are too (glares at Lateralus)
UATide4Ever
Thanks for the responses. I know I don't have enough "Tide Pride Points" (term used for seating allocation), so I will be in the upper deck, one of them.

Are they the same height? Or is one higher than the other.

I know visitors get the worst seats (I get it), but how "bad" are the visitor seats in you endzone upper decks?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
UATide4Ever said:

how "bad" are the visitor seats in you endzone upper decks?
About the same as the visitor seats in the endzone upper decks in Bama.

Although they worked out for me in 2012.

SS-11 Row 30 seat 5

Well worth the $85
dcbowers
AG
Make sure you bring a blanket and plan to have a picnic on the lawn of our student union building (called the MSC).
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zooguy96
dcbowers said:

Make sure you bring a blanket and plan to have a picnic on the lawn of our student union building (called the MSC).

Yes, do this, as it is one of our many traditions.
Bodhi
AG
JJ85 Reveille said:

Lateralus Ag said:

hunter2012 said:

Rest LA. Bama fans have been classy in our experience. Ags usually are too (glares at Lateralus)
got burned with a cigarette by one in 2012
TXM Pride
As one poster said, I'm sure they're just as "bad" as the ones in Tuscaloosa. In 2012 I had the pleasure of attending and was in the player guest section and I could damn near touch those flags that stand at the top of yalls stadium.
Potcake
AG
OP, have fun in Aggieland. You will be treated well.

And if you see Deshaun Watson at the Dixie Chicken, well, you know what to do.
Shooz in Katy
AG
Enjoy the $14 chicken fried steak on a stick.
Lateralus Ag
AG
JJ85 Reveille said:

Lateralus Ag said:

hunter2012 said:

If we can't have a little good natured ribbing on a message board, well then thats just dumb. (Glares back at JJ85).
UATide4Ever
Thanks again guys!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
We treat everyone with respect, even when the visitors are kicking our asses. Still, we have our share of buttheads, but other Aggies typically deal with them when things trend toward getting out of hand. Y'all will have a great time in Aggieland, win or lose (and of course I hope y'all lose). Be sure to check out Northgate, the Dixie Chicken in particular, Bonfire Memorial, get recommendations for Tex-Mex, BBQ or a chicken fried steak, and wear your gear with pride. Yell for your team but please keep it PG.
V8Aggie
AG
If you see anyone with a TexAgs shirt, you should claim to be AggieRojo. That should be fun.
C Loves L
Do not post again until you've torn down the fence between you and your neighbor's yard.

Thanks in advance
ExperienceBCS

UATide4Ever,

The expectation is that you will experience better hospitality, game environment and sportsmanship than anywhere else in the football world. There are always a few exceptions, but they are pretty rare.

"HOWDY" is what you will hear on campus. "Welcome" is what you will hear in town. Our hope is that the FIGHTIN TEXAS AGGIES win, yet you still have a smile on your face and an experience that makes you feel like you are in your 2nd Hometown.

This one may have better dental work......
Sorry, couldn't resist the jab.

If we can help in any way. Please get in touch.

Experience Bryan College Station

Sbisa Chef
Hilarious.

UA -- If you should visit the Dixie Chicken, it's encouraged for visitors to wear orange so they'll stand out and and announce their presence. Helps to get better service inside, too.

The picnic on the lawn of the MSC sounds like a lovely idea, too.

Enjoy your trip!
C Loves L
Bodhi said:

JJ85 Reveille said:

Lateralus Ag said:

hunter2012 said:

got burned with a cigarette by one in 2012

I saw that in a "flick" once before. Really makes you think
68RebelE
AG
Get to the stadium early. The Corp, led by the Aggie Band step off 1 1/2 hour before kick off. They depart the Quad ( 2 blocks east of the stadium) & march to the MSC, turn left (usually) on Houston St & march down the east side of the stadium. Excellent viewing along that route.
In Aggieland, that's when the game starts. After the march in, go to your seats & enjoy the pregame activities.
jpd301
AG
UATide4Ever said:

Thanks for the responses. I know I don't have enough "Tide Pride Points" (term used for seating allocation), so I will be in the upper deck, one of them.

Are they the same height? Or is one higher than the other.

I know visitors get the worst seats (I get it), but how "bad" are the visitor seats in you endzone upper decks?
The south end zone upper deck "300" level seats are quite a bit lower than the north end zone upper deck "400" level seats.
http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/texas_am/football/2015/ This should still work and give you seat views all over the stadium
68RebelE
AG
UATide, ignore dcbower & zooguy96. Their advise is BS & NOt good bull. In fact, the advise they gave you is extremely disrespectful!! The student center is a Memorial building dedicated to honor all Aggies who have lost their lives in defense of our liberty, freedoms and country. We ask all to remove their hats and stay off the grass at the MSC.
I apologize in advance for the advise they gave you. These are the only 2 traditions we ask all to observe.
Forget the blanket (unless it's cold) there are a lot of Aggies that will welcome you in their tail gate sites plus food/drink can be bought both in & outside the stadium.
Wear your colors. Arrive 3 hours early & enjoy Aggieland!!
up-n-aTm
AG
68RebelE said:

UATide, ignore dcbower & zooguy96. Their advise is BS & NOt good bull. In fact, the advise they gave you is extremely disrespectful!! The student center is a Memorial building dedicated to honor all Aggies who have lost their lives in defense of our liberty, freedoms and country. We ask all to remove their hats and stay off the grass at the MSC.
I apologize in advance for the advise they gave you. These are the only 2 traditions we ask all to observe.
Forget the blanket (unless it's cold) there are a lot of Aggies that will welcome you in their tail gate sites plus food/drink can be bought both in & outside the stadium.
Wear your colors. Arrive 3 hours early & enjoy Aggieland!!

SARATOGA
We are the best destination for college road tripping in the country when you consider the following combination of factors....

1) Great Food
2) Southern Hospitality
3) Great Fans
4) Beautiful Stadium and SEC environment
5) Great city, not to big or small
6) Great night life
7) Plenty of places to stay (either hotel, or airbnb, or vrbo)
8) Did I mention the BBQ and Food ?

AND THE TOPPER THAT NO OTHER SEC SCHOOL WILL OFFER AS CONSISTENTLY AS US....

YOUR TEAM WILL WIN !

Hard to beat that in a road trip ! We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we.
Meximan
SARATOGA said:

We are the best destination for college road tripping in the country when you consider the following combination of factors....

1) Great Food
2) Southern Hospitality
3) Great Fans
4) Beautiful Stadium and SEC environment
5) Great city, not to big or small
6) Great night life
7) Plenty of places to stay (either hotel, or airbnb, or vrbo)
8) Did I mention the BBQ and Food ?

AND THE TOPPER THAT NO OTHER SEC SCHOOL WILL OFFER AS CONSISTENTLY AS US....

YOUR TEAM WILL WIN !

Hard to beat that in a road trip ! We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we.

It's easy for Ags to be hospitable when the team's bendin' over and letting the visitors go in dry. Enjoy the win, UA!
wangus12
AG
Wait to buy your tickets. They will be cheaper after we lose some games and the crazies jump ship
68RebelE
AG
UATide, one more thing. If you hear anyone in Maroon booing,.... ignore them. They're not Aggies. They're our walmart fans.
68RebelE
AG
We don't have as many walmart fans as you do, but we've got enough.
Yell Practice
Hope you enjoy your trip to Aggieland.
Fireman
AG
OP - make sure you attend midnight yell. You'll enjoy....
85AustinAg
AG
pssssst.... I think he left guys..........
Agnzona
Expect everyone under eighty to call you honey or sweetie regardless of your age or sex.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.