Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kirk Merritt Indecent Exposure Charges

47,107 Views | 254 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JustisWalkert
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/report-a-m-wr-merritt-facing-two-counts-of-indecent-exposure/

Quote:

According to Brent Zwerneman of the Houston Chronicle, Texas A&M wide receiver Kirk Merritt is facing two charges of indecent exposure dating back to last fall. Per Zwerneman, Merritt has pleaded not guilty to both charges.
Merritt, who transferred to A&M last year from the University of Oregon, is accused of exposing himself to a pair of tutors at A&M.
Quote:

"In one count, an alleged victim accused Merritt of exposing and touching himself 'while sitting in arm's reach' of her 'on or about' Oct. 24. About a day later according to a court document, another alleged victim claimed Merritt pulled down his shorts and held himself also 'while sitting in arm's reach' of her. The document describes both alleged victims as 'offended or alarmed by the act of exposure.'

Both of the victims were tutors at A&M, a person with knowledge of the case said."

Can we just go one offseason without some BS? Either a purse is getting snatched, or a schlong is getting shown
good nuggets
AG
Why does the guy feel the need to pull out his thang in front of tutors with a girlfriend that looks like this?

https://instagr.am/p/BSe3UpmjnKV
redd38
AG
good nuggets said:

Why does the guy feel the need to pull out his thang in front of tutors with a girlfriend that looks like this?

Maybe math really turns him on
CuriousAg
Look it just fell out.
PooDoo
AG
That's probably the way study hall worked at Oregon.
EastSideAg2002
What did they expect when they told him to pull out his ruler?
GoodOldAgs
This explains his conspicuous absence from any kind of spring ball discussion/activity
PooDoo
AG
They wanted to review dangling participles.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
He probably just sat in gum.
1876er
AG
With all the talk about Art Briles last year, I assume everybody on here agrees he should get kicked off immediately.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
1876er said:

With all the talk about Art Briles last year, I assume everybody on here agrees he should get kicked off immediately.

Boy, you really don't get tired of getting your dick kicked in, do you?
W
AG
well, A&M is planning a big step-in/stand-up production at the baseball game on Saturday.

I'd say he's looking at a multi-game suspension to start the season
Texas A&M
1876er said:

I understand the innocent until proven guilty, but with the accusers being tutors I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't think it should happen immediately, but if they determine there is even a hint of truth to this, he should be gone before the bell tower chimes on the next hour.
good nuggets
AG
skippytimmy
AG
good nuggets said:

Because she lives in Vegas.....
LSB_2002
AG
good nuggets said:

Need to see more to determine his motives.
texasaggie2015
AG
I guess when she said they need to work on raising his D he took it literally
canadiaggie
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I guess when she said they need to work on raising his D he took it literally
Bunk Moreland

Texan1976
Quincey P. Morris
AG
He should be suspended from everything pending the outcome of the investigation and if he admits to it or it is obviously legit jettisoned at the earliest possible convenience. There's no gray area on this.
Bunk Moreland
Lucky #007 said:

He should be suspended from everything pending the outcome of the investigation and if he admits to it or it is obviously legit jettisoned at the earliest possible convenience. There's no gray area on this.

Considering he did it to two different tutors, I'd send his ass packing. There's more "he said she said" discrepancies if it were a co-ed on campus...I'd be more apt to believe a story where a girl was flirting and maybe it wasn't as clear cut....but none of the athletes should ever do something like that with a tutor.

And let's be real, the patience those tutors show with the football, basketball and other teams are the only reason these guys pass their classes anyway.

Embarrassing.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Honestly, I wouldn't argue if that's what they did. Should have added at a minimum to mine.
TexasAggieJTL
AG
Let's see....risk vs reward.

You don't pull your thang out in front of ladies and you remain on the football team with a full ride and possibly earn a spot on an NFL roster making millions.

Or

You pull your thang out in front of ladies and you get kicked out of school and see your NFL dreams go up in flames.

He must really like showing his thang WOW
Sex Panther
AG
Bone6
Kick him off the team.

I imagine being a tutor for the players is a pretty thankless job to start with in having to inevitably put up with some knucklehead attitudes from some players who view academics as an annoying obligation while they play football here.

One tutor accusing him and I would say let's see how the investigation plays out as who knows, maybe it was much more innocent or it was a false accusation. 2 people coming forward is pretty clear.
C Loves L
He was just trying to urinate [/baylol
C Loves L
good nuggets said:

I didn't realize Kirk, was bisexual.
ViralAg
good nuggets said:

Because she is a dude?
13B
What if the tutors are men? Does it change the punishment?
Lungblood
Determine the truth ASAP.... Kick out the liar or liars... Easy

Odds are pretty good that we all know who's fos here.
Leggo My Elko
AG

Assuming he is given due process.
Leggo My Elko
AG
13B said:

No
ViralAg
13B said:

President Young gives him a diversity award and guarantees him a starting spot.
John Francis Donaghy
1876er said:

He definitely deserves to be punished, if Sumlin decides dismissal is appropriate then so be it.

But let's not pretend the situations are comparable. Girls at Baylor were raped. The tutors here were shocked and offended. There's a fairly significant gap in severity.

Personally, I would think a 4-6 game suspension, and loss of access to all campus tutoring resources is probably appropriate. Absent any criminal convictions, of course.

Otherwise, you misbehave with the tutors you lose them. The tutors don't need that nonsense. If Merritt wants to stay in school it's on him to keep his grades up himself. Either he'll do it and learn something valuable, or he'll fail out on his own, and kick himself harder and harder with each bad grade he gets knowing he could have kept his tutors if he wasn't a dumbass.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.