Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Where to stay for ucla game?

4,982 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 67walkon
DWren
How long do you want to ignore this user?
what areas are best ?
Any to avoid?
TIA
Al Bula
AG
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
W
AG
driving or flying?

if driving...coming in I-10 or I-40?
AggsRule
You can check in anytime but you can never leave
AggsRule
Wear your MAGA hat and you will get a discount
Gizzards
AG
RPM said:

Plenty of room at the Hotel California

Such a lovely place.
hunter2012
AG
The streets are pretty popular in LA.
third deck
AG
Easiest and most convenient to stay in Pasadena. Glendale or Burbank should also be fine. If you want to stay closer to the beach, Santa Monica...even then you would be driving no further than the distance the UCLA team has to drive.
JavierC2005
A hotel.
Sponge
AG
Right on the beach. Oooaaaoaoaaahhhh
Schrute
We are all just prisoners here, of our own device
Fireman
AG
Avoid staying near the stadium. It's all ghetto.
Matsui
AG
wrong
C Loves L
I gotta homie over on hunned and aiff that will let ya sleep on his couch if you bring qp
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I found a place with mirrors on the ceiling and pink champagne on ice.
ViralAg
I'll be staying with OP's mom.
VikingNik
AG
Real answer: I found rooms at the Westin in Pasadena. There are other hotels there. Otherwise it is a big ass city with a million options.
StarBurns
AG
Gotta stay on the strip
Jock 07
AG
Compton is nice that time of year, especially with all the renovations in the area.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'm staying with SpicewoodAg
maroon15
AG
Toddbryant76 said:

^ Where do you get your information? Not true.

Pasadena is actually a nice area. The homes around the Rose Bowl are worth millions.

I'd stay in Santa Monica if you want the beach, Beverly Hills if you want the ritz, West Hollywood if you want to party, Universal City or Burbank if you want to be comfortable and near tourist attractions, or Pasadena if you want convenience and it's a decent area. Glendale is good too.There's hotels everywhere.

I'm not a fan of downtown but there's some nice hotels there. And I'd avoid mid city and south central.

jimmyp
AG
The Luxe Sunset Boulevard
Charlie 31
AG
The Huntley
I already have a dog
AG
Buy a nice tv and stay home.
John E
AG
maroon15 said:

Toddbryant76 said:

^ Where do you get your information? Not true.

Pasadena is actually a nice area. The homes around the Rose Bowl are worth millions.

I'd stay in Santa Monica if you want the beach, Beverly Hills if you want the ritz, West Hollywood if you want to party, Universal City or Burbank if you want to be comfortable and near tourist attractions, or Pasadena if you want convenience and it's a decent area. Glendale is good too.There's hotels everywhere.

I'm not a fan of downtown but there's some nice hotels there. And I'd avoid mid city and south central.

Must be thinking of the Coliseum which actually is very ghetto.
Ian Neff
AG
The Beverly Hilton
GlendaleAg
AG
OP, if money is no issue ... stay at the Langham ... it was the Ritz Carlton for decades in the San Marino (millionaire and billionaire) part of Pasadena

If you don't need 5-star and you want to be away from the congestion ... look for something east down the 210 Freeway in Monrovia or Arcadia ... lots of major hotel chains there

If you want to be in walking distance of Old Towne Pasadena (walk and drink etc) just google Old Town Pasadena and you'll have most of the major chains: Sheraton, Hilton, Courtyard, etc.

You could stay in Glendale too ... but I would only recommend the Hilton ... Glendale is probably better for a condo rental from someone with an Armenian name (Glendale is Armenia West, yes all the Armenian flags are out for Armenian Genocide Month)

Hope this helps ... good luck and if flying in use the Burbank Airport ... much easier to deal with and may be a little more expensive than LAX but you are only 20 minutes from Pasadena without having to either drive up the 405 or through Downtown LA.
maroon15
AG
John E said:

Must be thinking of the Coliseum which actually is very ghetto.

Probably right.
EvenPar
AG
JW Marriott Downtown is very nice. It just depends on how long you are staying and what you want to do while you're there.

If you are just going for the game, no need to leave Pasadena/Burbank area, stay there. If you are staying more than Fri-Sun, I would stay in SM, BH, or Downtown. If you want to party and sight see on Sunset or Hollywood Blvd, you don't want to be driving from Pasadena.
monarch
S
There are a lot of good hotels (Hiltons, Hamptons, Marriots) in and near Pasadena, Monrovia and Arcadia. Don't stay in Newport Beach, Lido, Capo, etc simply because the drive is to 'effin long up the 405. Stay away from the Disneyland area also.

Other than that, have a good time.
oklacityag75
AG
Home.

I would not spend a dime in calideformia. They need to quickly slide very deep into the Pacific ocean. Of course, that would mean the Pacific would be so polluted that none of the fish would be edible for at least 5000 years.
Matsui
AG
I live out here.

Stay on the westside in one of the beach towns (Santa Moncia/Venice/Manhatten) that will be an hour drive

20 miles = 1 hour drive time around here

or stay in Pasadena, but why really

Stay in LA - upper Hollywood or West Hollywood or even Fairfax area of LA to get a real sense of LA.

If you are here for more than just the game do that.
Matsui
AG
I wouldn't stay downtown. Not that it is bad, just a ton more to the city than downtown or around LA Live.
stingaree
GlendaleAg is right on. If you want to be near the game then stay in Pasadena. There are busses that run to the stadium from the Norton Simon museum on Colorado Blvd. to the Rose Bowl. Quick to get there, though and slow to get back to Old Town on the bus. From the hotels in Old Town it's actually not a bad walk to the stadium - maybe a mile. For a town of 140,00 people there is fun to be had in Old town. Good restaurants and bars. I suggest Roccos and Lucky Baldwins for good beersand Union or Chophouse for amazing restaurants. And I'm picky.

That said, if you're looking for a more glitzy LA experience (Pasadena is like a cool old town in Ohio that happens to be in the middle of LA) you should stay in Beverly Hills or Century City or Santa Monica if you're looking for a two hour drive to the game. If anyone is looking to see celebrities book a lunch or dinner at either the Ivy in Beverly Hills or Chateau Marmont, which are actually both really good. I love the Marmont (West Hollywood) as is is funky, casual and totally LA. Plus, well, a lot of famous people eat and overdosed there.

I'm a Bear but trustworthy as to all things Pasadena since I spend part of the year there. Open to any questions. I won't steer you wrong, I swear.

Ask and I'll answer as best I'm able.
Quito
AG
stingaree said:

GlendaleAg is right on. If you want to be near the game then stay in Pasadena. There are busses that run to the stadium from the Norton Simon museum on Colorado Blvd. to the Rose Bowl. Quick to get there, though and slow to get back to Old Town on the bus. From the hotels in Old Town it's actually not a bad walk to the stadium - maybe a mile. For a town of 140,00 people there is fun to be had in Old town. Good restaurants and bars. I suggest Roccos and Lucky Baldwins for good beersand Union or Chophouse for amazing restaurants. And I'm picky.

That said, if you're looking for a more glitzy LA experience (Pasadena is like a cool old town in Ohio that happens to be in the middle of LA) you should stay in Beverly Hills or Century City or Santa Monica if you're looking for a two hour drive to the game. If anyone is looking to see celebrities book a lunch or dinner at either the Ivy in Beverly Hills or Chateau Marmont, which are actually both really good. I love the Marmont (West Hollywood) as is is funky, casual and totally LA. Plus, well, a lot of famous people eat and overdosed there.

I'm a Bear but trustworthy as to all things Pasadena since I spend part of the year there. Open to any questions. I won't steer you wrong, I swear.

Ask and I'll answer as best I'm able.

Do they serve alcohol in the stadium? What about the tailgate seen? Better to tailgate or hang at restaurants and bars before the game?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.