Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Myles Garrett's New Ride

15,489 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Lateralus Ag
Bifferton Bobber Squat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Ran into Myles today at an Audi dealership in Houston. Looks like the first thing he is going to buy with his contract money from the Browns is a black Audi RS7. Seeing the guy up close in person, I seriously wonder if he plans on carrying it around like he did his bike.
Amazing Moves
Quote:

I seriously wonder if he plans on carrying it around like he did his bike.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TMF
AG
It was probably a gift for his chick.
Yell Practice
Nice --
Pylon Cam
AG
He is going to buy an Audi a month before he has money? Either way, Congrats and Gig'em, Myles!
ZEEB
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

He is going to buy an Audi a month before he has money? Either way, Congrats and Gig'em, Myles!
I am sure he is already being compensated
Txgunrnnr
AG
I sure hope he has fair and honest people working for him. He is not one that I want to see taken advantage of.
Token
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

most sure fire 1st round picks get advances from their agents to buy cars. This is nothing new and he's not being taken advantage of
Stewade
Staff
AG
I thought he already had a sweet ride.

aggieclay
Stewade said:

I thought he already had a sweet ride.

This is solid gold!!!
Sleepnumber
AG
aggieZephyr said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

I am sure he is already being compensated
Very common to get an advance from your agent. He may have already signed some endorsement deals that haven't been announced yet.
aTm2004
AG
Txgunrnnr said:

I sure hope he has fair and honest people working for him. He is not one that I want to see taken advantage of.

Dude will be a top 2 pick. He'll have $20mm guaranteed before July 4th, so dropping $100k on a car is reasonable. It's not like he's buying a Bemtley or Rolls.
Txgunrnnr
AG
I'm not questioning the money he will have or how he spends it. I'm questioning the people that is working for him to manage said money. Good for him, he earned it, go buy a car. I would and much more, but that's me.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Txgunrnnr said:

I'm not questioning the money he will have or how he spends it. I'm questioning the people that is working for him to manage said money. Good for him, he earned it, go buy a car. I would and much more, but that's me.

I am not questioning your intelligence, just your basic understanding of the english language...
Sponge
AG
He should get a Subaru. Get traction on those icy Cleveland roads.
Flogi
100k here 100k there. Too bad i get nervous about spending 1k. Sucks to be broke ass.
CrottyKid
AG
Sponge said:

plus all the lesbians will buy his jersey.

marble rye
AG
Where can I apply?
GoodOldAgs
That's a badass car. But I'm a little surprised he didn't go with this beast
hph6203
AG
His agent is Bus Cook who has represented several Hall of Fame caliber players and pro bowlers, those guys aren't in the business of taking advantage of their clients. That **** ruins your reputation. Who his business/financial manager is I don't know, but the majority of NFL players likely go broke against the advice of their financial managers, not because of it. Sure there are examples, but the smart ones from smart families don't have that happen. I wouldn't worry about Myles.
wasabi1787
AG
Txgunrnnr said:

He's one of the brightest and down to earth men to wear maroon and white. He's no Allen Iverson, I wouldn't worry too much.
TXAGBQ76
AG
He already has money fronted to him by his agent
ProgN
I'd rather he buy a nice car than run up charges at The Cheesecake Factory.
94chem
These guys don't realize at that age how conservative their investments can be. Just sock away $1M per year on the first contract, and they're set for life. Even for the ones who seem intelligent, the problem is that they expect to maintain an extravagant lifestyle in their 30's and 40's. For somebody with that kind of money, a disposable car is probably a better purchase than something that needs to be maintained forever, like a mansion (utilities, property taxes never end).
aTm2004
AG
I've often said that if I was ever an athlete drafted in any round (especially the first), I'd ask for a meeting with the owner of that team after signing my multi-million dollar contract and asking who manages his money. Athletes are rich, the owners are wealthy, and I'd want the same people working for me.
Bunk Moreland
More athletes need to take the Marshawn Lynch/Gronkowski route....bank all of your contract money; live off your endorsement money.
'03ag
Sponge said:

The RS7 is all wheel drive[/thatguy]
hph6203
AG
The most expensive thing these guys can do is knocking up some random crazy "Instagram Model".

Also, this car represents <0.6% of his first contract. Garrett is also a more bankable spokesman/endorser than pretty much anyone in the previous year's draft class.
redass1876
AG
hph6203 said:

The most expensive thing these guys can do is knocking up some random crazy "Instagram Model".

Also, this car represents <0.6% of his first contract. Garrett is also a more bankable spokesman/endorser than pretty much anyone in the previous year's draft class.
Still no Von Miller on that side of things
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
GoodOldAgs said:

That's a badass car. But I'm a little surprised he didn't go with this beast
Only has two doors. Not enough room for all those sacks he'll be piling up.
technoviking
AG
i figure he'd just lease the car until his tastes change in vehicles and he just exchanges it for a new one. he probably isn't looking at this car as a dave ramseyesque investment. isn't leasing what rich folks do mostly so they can satiate their changing automobile tastes?
Yell Practice
BMX Bandit
Its the equivalent of a person getting a job for $60,000 guaranteed for next 4 years out of college buying a car for ~$1,000.

I think he will be okay.

Yell Practice
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.