Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Lazy River

9,239 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXM Pride
Texas_Aggie_12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lived there I believe the first year they opened. Enjoyed it a lot because it was small and quiet back then as that area was just starting to grow. I think there was only a couple of streets with the town homes completed. I'd hate to live there today though with all that crap and the noise I'm sure it brings with it.
Swill94
AG
Frok said:

So do students that complain about college being too expensive stay here?

Well since the supply for housing has increased these apartment complexes build these amenities to compete with each other. Most these housing complexes are own by big corporate firms looking to capitalize on capturing as much of the 60,000 student body that attend A&M. Because of they're corporate background they have the reasources to build these kind of things at a small cost. Average rent typically is around 650ish at the barracks so most people who live there tend to be athletes or students with parent in the upper middle class teir. Students that take loans out and struggle to pay for school tend to live in cheaper house/apartments/duplexes with many other roommates.

Now you know more
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Part of the college experience and Aggie experience was learning about life as an adult, living on your own in ****ty places, paying your own way, and learning that that was not a very fun way to spend The rest of your life; thus the importance of a quality education and a good job.

Now the kids go through college being caudled by professors, getting brainwashed that diversity is the only true virtue, and living in mini-resorts. Then they wonder why the rest of life isn't like that when they get out...
Aggielandma12
AG
Those Ramen noodle dinners made me the man I am today.
champagnepapi
Why is everyone so butthurt about this? The lazy river at the woodlands was so money. The amount of talent walking around the pools and floating on rafts drinking beer just meeting new people. This was a great way to pick up hot chicks at the pool.

You anti social mother*******!
AGinHI
AG
Who cares about the lazy river?

It's got a wave simulator!
TXM Pride
Aggielandma12 said:

Melrose pool parties will always have a special 0lace in my heart.

Melrose?!? When were those cool? Dating back to '03ish I remember it being The Exchange then The Zone then The Woodlands then Aspen Heights then 2818 place and Campus Village then the Cottages..
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.