Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M University Alumni Statistics

13,049 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Yell Practice
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
now let's compare that to the stats from facebook and myspace.
heddy Lamarr
AG
During my time in Aggieland it was made very clear that high schools and tu have alumni and that Texas A&M University has Former Students. Somewhere along the way New Army F'kd that up like they did Kyle Field as a home field advantage.

New Army sucks ass
Miles711
AG
I'm reppin' the Maroon and White in LA.
SchizoAg
AG
heddy Lamarr said:

During my time in Aggieland it was made very clear that high schools and tu have alumni and that Texas A&M University has Former Students. Somewhere along the way New Army F'kd that up like they did Kyle Field as a home field advantage.

New Army sucks ass
Did they explain the rationale to you, or did you just accept it as a completely arbitrary thing with no logic whatsoever?
Hu11abaloo
AG
zoo offseason threads:

a reminder that bored crotchety old white men (living in houston or dallas) get off on investing time and emotion in internet-arguing with other bored crotchety old white men (living in houston or dallas) about pointless topics that have no relevance or importance to daily life, such as the "former students or alumni" debate.

- former student / alumni / who GAF? representing maroon & white in singapore
Old Wooden Ship
AG
ag-bq-seventy said:

SchizoAg said:

redd38 said:

texag86 said:

redd38 said:

texag86 said:

We aren't 'alumni'

That sign has a typo
Ok, please tell us the history of why we're not called 'alumni' then.
Basically, any hardcore Aggie with an IQ of less than about 90 thinks that we don't call ourselves "alumni".

This is ultimately derived from the saying "Once an Aggie, always an Aggie", from which it follows that there are no "former Aggies".

This implies that former students are still Aggies, regardless of whether they ever graduated. However, it does not imply that former students can't be called "alumni" if they did indeed graduate. One can be an Aggie, a former student, and an alumnus all at the same time.

It's a relatively subtle point that requires an IQ somewhere in the near-average range to understand. I would imagine that this poster was admitted to A&M under lower standards due to pledging to join the Corps.
You're a real jerk.
he is also right.
TXAggie2011
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
SchizoAg said:

heddy Lamarr said:

New Army sucks ass
Did they explain the rationale to you, or did you just accept it as a completely arbitrary thing with no logic whatsoever?

Isn't part of fish camp that you're told stuff by the authorities on the matter?
SchizoAg
AG
Back when I was in Fish Camp (1993), there was at least an attempt to explain various points of Aggie Lore with some historical anecdote, even if apocryphal.

They didn't just say "We call graduates 'former students', and if you don't like it, Highway 6 runs both ways."
txaggie_2011
AG
Directly from The Association (http://www.aggienetwork.com/media/submissions.aspx#x_x_x_style), emphasis added:
Quote:

Alumni, Alumnus: The emphasis on the term "former students" dates to the early 1900s as a way to emphasize that The Association would serve all those who attended Texas A&M, not only those who received degrees. We still embrace that philosophy and we still use the term "former students" in many instances; however, we have never forsworn the use of the term "alumnus." For example, the YMCA Alumni Memorial Building, funded by former students, was built in 1910. The Distinguished Alumnus Award, the highest honor that can bestowed on any Aggie, whether a graduate or not, was created in 1962. We first published the Directory of Former Students in 1949, but our previous home, the Forsyth Alumni Center, opened in 1974, while our current home, the Clayton W. Williams, Jr. Alumni Center, was built in 1987, and our advisory team of recent graduates is called the "Young Alumni Advisory Council." We have and will continue to use "former student," but the words "alumnus" and "alumni" are also a longstanding part of our history and traditions.
monarch
S
Nope didn't mean anything about former students living in SFO vs Silicon Valley. SFO is a nice place to visit, spend a few days, have good food and drink, see the sights, etc. Do you have an issue with SFO or Silicon Valley or both or what?
Ogre09
AG
For those with no contextual reading skills:

Alumnus= singular

Alumni= plural

I am an alumnus; I cannot be an alumni.
Liquid Wrench
Are you an illuminati? Or is that "Illuminatus?"
pinche gringo
AG
JJ85 Reveille said:

Zip 88 said:

LinkedIn is as worthless as teats on a boar hog.
Pretty handy for boar piglets. Just saying.

please elaborate
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

I would imagine that this poster was admitted to A&M under lower standards due to pledging to join the Corps.
You are admitted in January of your senior year. You sign up for the Corps in your summer conference. How this lie survives is amazing to me.
SchizoAg
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

I would imagine that this poster was admitted to A&M under lower standards due to pledging to join the Corps.
You are admitted in January of your senior year. You sign up for the Corps in your summer conference. How this lie survives is amazing to me.
Back when I applied to A&M, it was a question on the A&M application form whether you were interested in joining the Corps. Maybe it wasn't a commitment, but it did earn you points. Don't know if that's still on the form or not.
CanyonAg77
AG
SchizoAg said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Back when I applied to A&M, it was a question on the A&M application form whether you were interested in joining the Corps. Maybe it wasn't a commitment, but it did earn you points. Don't know if that's still on the form or not.
Then anyone with marginal scores was an idiot for not checking that box. No harm would come to you if you did, and failed to join. And if everyone checked the box, then it would be so dilute as to be meaningless.

And how do you know it "gave you points"? It could simply be a planning number.
SchizoAg
AG
Well in any case, I know that it isn't factored in any more, whether or not it was in the past.
CanyonAg77
AG
SchizoAg said:

Well in any case, I know that it isn't factored in any more, whether or not it was in the past.

Yet you continue the lie
SchizoAg
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

SchizoAg said:

Yet you continue the lie
I don't know whether it was true or not, but I certainly didn't lie. All I did was speculate.
CanyonAg77
AG
SchizoAg said:

CanyonAg77 said:

SchizoAg said:

Yet you continue the lie
I don't know whether it was true or not, but I certainly didn't lie. All I did was speculate.
Really? You said
Quote:

Sounds like a pretty definitive statement to me. You didn't speculate at all, you stated it as fact.

SchizoAg
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

SchizoAg said:

CanyonAg77 said:

SchizoAg said:

Yet you continue the lie
Really? You said
Quote:

Sounds like a pretty definitive statement to me. You didn't speculate at all, you stated it as fact.

Are you stupid, or just dishonest?

In what universe does "I would imagine X" mean the same thing as "X is definitely true"?
CanyonAg77
AG
SchizoAg said:

CanyonAg77 said:

SchizoAg said:

CanyonAg77 said:

SchizoAg said:

Yet you continue the lie
Really? You said
Quote:

Are you stupid, or just dishonest?

In what universe does "I would imagine X" mean the same thing as "X is definitely true"?
You are the one being dishonest. Or you don't know how to write.

You said "I imagine that this poster..." Obviously, the speculation referred to "this poster". You went on to say "admitted to A&M under lower standards due to pledging to join the Corps". You did not say "admitted to A&M under imagined (or alleged or speculated or supposed) lower standards. You did not qualify "lower standards", so you were thus alleging that there are lower standards.

A charge you can't back up, thus...

Not to mention that your original statement was in a now-deleted post where you attacked the intelligence of a different Aggie. That's two you now referred to as stupid. Good going.

SchizoAg
AG
LOL, there are so many clowns in this forum. Including the mods, apparently. (What's the point of deleting a post if you aren't going to delete other posts that quote it in full?)

It should be called "the circus", not "the zoo".
CanyonAg77
AG
And there are lots of clowns who seem perfectly happy to denigrate other posters and everyone in the Corps of Cadets.
SchizoAg
AG
Did you just call me a clown?

Wow. Just wow. That's beyond the pale. Someone should report your posts and get them deleted.
CanyonAg77
AG
I'm done, though I will state that I do not flag offensive posts. If someone says something idiotic, I think it ought to stay up for all to see.
Yell Practice
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.