Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Season Ticket renewals started ...

17,728 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TX_Aggie37
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Its that time again.
Since the end of last season we have seen multiple threads about renew or cancel. It's now put up or shut up time for those that said ...GONE...

I just " released " ( TMF term for cancel ) my tickets after almost 40 years of family and my own season tickets. It kinda hurt a bit but it is also a relief . LOTS of money saved and I can still attend any game I want , via the open market, for a SMALL fraction of the extortion I paid the TMF.

OK guys....how many of y'all that threatened to quit at the end of last season have followed thru ??
Roll Call...
AgGrad99
AG
Not me.

I sat through the freaking Fran years, I can sit through a few 8 win seasons.
schwack schwack
AG
We gave ours up when we lost our seats in the stadium re-do. It wasn't for lack of Aggie love, but my family first became season ticket owners in 1969. We had great seats & there was no way we were moving to the end zone. Miss it, but agree, I can buck up for specific games if I want to.
88jrt06
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

Its that time again.
Since the end of last season we have seen multiple threads about renew or cancel. It's now put up or shut up time for those that said ...GONE...

I just " released " ( TMF term for cancel ) my tickets after almost 40 years of family and my own season tickets. It kinda hurt a bit but it is also a relief . LOTS of money saved and I can still attend any game I want , via the open market, for a SMALL fraction of the extortion I paid the TMF.

OK guys....how many of y'all that threatened to quit at the end of last season have followed thru ??
Roll Call...
Sounds like you're recruiting folks to follow your decision.

Not me.
EKG1996
AG
Congrats on giving up your season tickets?
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
I thought about it but have the 15yr option paid off. Annual extortion still ridiculous and at some point I will stop throwing good money at sunk dollars
agz win
AG
Glad you are proud of your decision and enjoy your time away from Kyle Field and Aggie football.

As a courtesy to fellow Ags, please post the section, row and seats information on those seats you released back to the TMF for those of us looking to upgrade.

Gig'em.
The Collective
AG
I imagine many who paid thousands of $ in capital contributions will not be so easily bailing on their tickets. ****ty EZ tickets with a $25/ticket will probably peace out though.
The Original AG 76
AG
agz win said:

Glad you are proud of your decision and enjoy your time away from Kyle Field and Aggie football.

As a courtesy to fellow Ags, please post the section, row and seats information on those seats you released back to the TMF for those of us looking to upgrade.

Gig'em.
I will still be at Kyle Field every home game , as I have for DECADES , and with the Ags on a couple of road games....Just will have a lot more $$$ in my pocket.
AC10 Row 2 don't remember the seat numbers. All yours..
chipotle
Will renew my crappy EZ seats.

EIGHT AND FIVE! EIGHT AND FIVE! EIGHT AND FIVE!...
2012Ag
AG
Crappy EZ tickets renewed
aggieaviator
AG
I said I wasn't going to renew. I didn't. Had season tickets since 2008.
Ragoo
AG
i am thinking about dropping, but it will have nothing to do with the product on the field, my support of the program or anything like that. just the sign of my current stage in life.
redd38
AG
If you're not going to renew, consider donating that money to the track stadium so the athletic department know you care about results.
Ol Army 01
AG
Season Tickets Cancelled

Skip Wagner and Elizabeth Greer are 2 of the main reasons I am no longer willing to give me money to the 12th Man Foundation. I have several emails from Skip that demonstrate that unless you are a Big Money or Corporate Donor you do not matter.

These issues I even tried to resolve with Steve Morris on the Board of Trustees and once they had my money for Donations and Upgrades they never returned my calls or emails.

My money will return when these people are gone.
Ragoo
AG
redd38 said:

If you're not going to renew, consider donating that money to the track stadium so the athletic department know you care about results.
already done
Maroon Flash
AG
Quote:

I just " released " ( TMF term for cancel ) my tickets after almost 40 years of family and my own season tickets.

Hopefully I get to upgrade!
TXAGBQ76
AG
my ten seat block will be renewed for another three years; when the seven year guarantee to keep these seats is up, I will probably not renew again. I am unwilling to go through another re-seating process. I will then buy open market tickets and save thousands of $$$. Will probably still attend all home games and several road games like I do now, just less expensively.
Jock 07
AG
Neat. Thanks for sharing.
JJxvi
AG
I did not renew
Ghost91
We cancelled ours two seasons ago after 13 years. I suffered thru the Fran and Sherman years, so the continued incompetence by our coach/team really didn't have much to do with our decision, but it probably made it easier. I'd been thinking about doing it for awhile, but one season in the "new" Kyle Field was the final straw for us.

I put the word 'new' in quotes because for those of us in the Zone, there was absolutely nothing new about the stadium whatsoever. Rest of the stadium got torn down and upgraded, but they left the Zone standing - same crappy bathrooms, same crap facilities, - same everything. Yet the cost of our seats got jacked way up just like everyone else's. So we helped fund the improvements in the rest of the stadium and got nothing in return. Whoop?

The only thing that changed was our donation requirements and we all had to get re-seated (which no one at the 12th Man Foundation or in the Athletic Department was able to explain to me since, you know, they didn't actually touch the seats during the "renovation" of Kyle Field).

If anything, the 'new' Kyle got worse for those in the Zone. Can't hear the 'new' sound system (despite constant promises from the administration that they are "working on it and it will be perfect in 2-3 games"), there are several pedestrian bottlenecks due to the lame-ass (i.e. cheap) way they joined the Zone to the east and west decks, and only about 3/4 of the concession stands are open now (reason given: 'we can't get enough student groups to work the concession stands'....oh, you mean the same student groups that are chronically incompetent and which have led many of us to beg the administration to boot all of them out and bring in a professional vendor that understands basic concepts such as customer service, how to enforce the complex concept of requiring customers to wait in line, and can actually make change from a $10 bill when my total is $9.47?).

Wrote a letter to the admin during the first season at not-new Kyle about the above concerns. Received a (poorly worded/grammar error-filled) reply back that was obviously a form letter from a student worker or something - and talked only about pending improvements to game day traffic in Aggieland, which was about the only thing that I didn't complain about.

Made some great memories up there over the years tailgating, etc, but since cancelling, I've felt nothing but the same emotion that the OP said - "relief". It's like the light finally came on - admin only cares about milking our Traditions for as much $$$ as possible, since butts will be in the seats regardless. Require folks in the Zone to pay for improvements in the west & west decks and get nothing themselves? Sure, why not. Tolerate season after season of inept offenses that pass sideways and backwards, and field defenses that are constantly looking at one another in confusion as the ball is being snapped? Meh, that's okay - Bugle Call is coming up soon!
MatthewRothell
AG
Texas A&M does a briliant job only from a football standpoint to mesmerized people to constantly re-new their season tickets and make them think Aggie football will go undefeated every year.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

I put the word 'new' in quotes because for those of us in the Zone, there was absolutely nothing new about the stadium whatsoever. Rest of the stadium got torn down and upgraded, but they left the Zone standing - same crappy bathrooms, same crap facilities, - same everything. Yet the cost of our seats got jacked way up just like everyone else's. So we helped fund the improvements in the rest of the stadium and got nothing in return. Whoop?
So you're only option was to cancel tickets?

Move to a different section. When i got re-seated, I looked at moving to the Zone, but there were better tickets for less cost elsewhere.
jja79
AG
Ol Army 01 said:

Season Tickets Cancelled

Skip Wagner and Elizabeth Greer are 2 of the main reasons I am no longer willing to give me money to the 12th Man Foundation. I have several emails from Skip that demonstrate that unless you are a Big Money or Corporate Donor you do not matter.

These issues I even tried to resolve with Steve Morris on the Board of Trustees and once they had my money for Donations and Upgrades they never returned my calls or emails.

You mean Red Raider Steve didn't help uou out?

I've got 2 AAC seats so I've sunk $6K in capital contribution which is really what's holding me. The $5K annual donation is getting difficult to swallow.

Going to Aggie football games isn't fun. The stadium is meh, the gameday experience is less than that thanks to its over production. Forget the horrible coaching, even wins aren't fun to attend.

I have not missed a game in 17 years and only go now because my 14 year old son has gone with me to every game since 2006. If it wasn't for having football weekends with him I'd drop.
agnerd
AG
My $550 season tickets are in the shade starting at 1pm, so I'll keep renewing. Don't know why you idiots pay so much for your seats or pay so little and then bake in the sun all day.
jja79
AG
You must not like $9 Bud Light.

Seriously though there is nothing fun about Aggie football games other than the tailgating and seeing friends and family regardless what you pay.
AgGrad99
AG
I think the stadium is great, and always enjoy an Aggie win. Haven't heard too many people that have disliked the stadium or an Aggie win.

Im with you, and wish the production was less scripted, and we got more yells, but it's still a better atmosphere than most stadiums in the country.

Ghost91
Quote:

Going to Aggie football games isn't fun. The stadium is meh, the gameday experience is less than that thanks to its over production. Forget the horrible coaching, even wins aren't fun to attend.
Nails.
bglass85
AG
schwack schwack said:

We gave ours up when we lost our seats in the stadium re-do. It wasn't for lack of Aggie love, but my family first became season ticket owners in 1969. We had great seats & there was no way we were moving to the end zone.
What Schwack said. Plus the not even an Aggie president of the 12th man how in the hell does that even happen Skippy our boy, is the reason I let go. I truly felt like they just did not care.
Wouldn't you think that when the "new" Kyle was being designed, they could have sent Populous back to the drawing board to fix the problem of having to move people around. For 450, I mean, 485 million dollars I think that they could have made Populous re-do the drawings and not have to reseat everybody. .

A native of Ponca City, Okla., Wagner graduated from Oklahoma State University in 1982 with a degree in chemical engineering and from Harvard Business School in 1986 with a master's degree in business administration.

There must be an Aggie out there somewhere that understands being an Aggie, and can lead one of our most "sacred" organizations. We weren't treated like Ags during the Kyle rebuild/reseat fiasco. I bet OK lite is laughing their ass off at us. They got their "boy" in our house.
Ol Army 01
AG
jja79 said:

Ol Army 01 said:

Season Tickets Cancelled

You mean Red Raider Steve didn't help uou out?

I've got 2 AAC seats so I've sunk $6K in capital contribution which is really what's holding me. The $5K annual donation is getting difficult to swallow.

I have not missed a game in 17 years and only go now because my 14 year old son has gone with me to every game since 2006. If it wasn't for having football weekends with him I'd drop.
jja79: Nice catch on the guns up.

I've paid out my capital contribution and I am out and I only hope that my new Texas Rangers season tickets are more enjoyable for the family.
Al Bula
AG
Congrats on giving up the bullsh t. Gave up my tickets after 2015, and skipped about three games that year.

2016 was much less stressful not paying out the ass to see the second rerun of the Sumlin epic November Nosedive.

(Went to UCLA and Tenn for free though!)
jja79
AG
His seats were behind me in the Zone Club for a while. He's TT through and through. Why he's a trustee of 12th Man Foundation is beyond me.
jja79
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I think the stadium is great, and always enjoy an Aggie win. Haven't heard too many people that have disliked the stadium or an Aggie win.

Im with you, and wish the production was less scripted, and we got more yells, but it's still a better atmosphere than most stadiums in the country.

I enjoy an Aggie win too but the games aren't fun. The incessant babble from the PA announcer, the introductions, few yells, little band, endless replays take the fun out for me at least. I wouldn't miss the weekend and the tailgating. If I hadn't been to the last 110 consecutive home games I'd skip some but I'm 60 so I'm too old to start another streak.

I didn't say I dislike the stadium I said it's meh. It looks like a pieced together as quickly as possible mismatching effort to have more seats than in Austin. If so mission accomplished. 40% of the people sit on bleachers in the end zone. Does that sounds like an amazing stadium to you?
The Collective
AG
bglass85 said:

What Schwack said plus the not even an aggie president of the 12th man how in the hell does that even happen Skippy our boy, is the reason I let go. I truly felt like they just did not care.
Wouldn't you think that when the "new" kyle was being designed, they could have sent Populous back to the drawing board to fix the problem of having to move people around. For 450, I mean, 485 million dollars I think that they could have made Populous re-do the drawings and not have to reseat everybody. .

Two things:
1) I think they hired Skip to try to have a person with professional experience running the TMF. It makes sense to bring in an outsider. I doubt a heavily connected Aggie wanted to be the "bad guy", so that's why they went the outsider route. Marks obviously wanted no part of the KF project *****fest that he knew was incoming.
2) Reseating helped create the demand necessary to pay for the stadium. It's a mental thing to make everyone feel like they are buying something new.
bglass85
AG
CJS4715 said:

bglass85 said:

What Schwack said plus the not even an aggie president of the 12th man how in the hell does that even happen Skippy our boy, is the reason I let go. I truly felt like they just did not care.
Wouldn't you think that when the "new" kyle was being designed, they could have sent Populous back to the drawing board to fix the problem of having to move people around. For 450, I mean, 485 million dollars I think that they could have made Populous re-do the drawings and not have to reseat everybody. .

Two things:
1) I think they hired Skip to try to have a person with professional experience running the TMF. It makes sense to bring in an outsider. I doubt a heavily connected Aggie wanted to be the "bad guy", so that's why they went the outsider route. Marks obviously wanted no part of the KF project *****fest that he knew was incoming.
2) Reseating helped create the demand necessary to pay for the stadium. It's a mental thing to make everyone feel like they are buying something new.
Keep believing that.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.