Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Pat Henry

12,066 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mullokmotx
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fourth deck said:

I still think it's great we're at the point construction has started and hope Henry sticks around to win a lot more titles in the new facility.

Has construction started? All I've heard is that it's going to start and that it's on schedule... but it's already behind schedule so that's not true. I feel better once it's actually, really started.
TRM
AG
redd38 said:

fourth deck said:

I still think it's great we're at the point construction has started and hope Henry sticks around to win a lot more titles in the new facility.

Has construction started? All I've heard is that it's going to start and that it's on schedule... but it's already behind schedule so that's not true. I feel better once it's actually, really started.
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Construction-begins-on-new-AM-softball--track-stadiums--416658493.html

No idea if they've had to scale back.
redd38
AG
Yeah, I saw that article... it says "Dirt will be moved" not "Dirt has moved"... dirt was already supposed to have moved. So I'll believe it when I see it.
greg.w.h
AG
FWIW: up until the KBTX article we had heard loudly and clearly that softball was committed and the completion date from several directions. We had radio silence on T&F until the public interview with Henry after the national championship. Then on the order of a week after the NC the fence goes up and both are declared "on schedule" which implies "completed in time for the March softball 2018 and similarly for the T&F outdoor season in 2018."

The lack of information forces the public to assume that everything is funded and on schedule. I can imagine that there is ongoing, additional funding work that may not affect schedule that is still underway.

But I took an article by KBTX to be a commitment by the university in the form of construction signs going up!!
95_Aggie
AG
Not to make excuses for anyone ... but they did have to wait until some intramural fields were moved.

And they had to postpone groundbreaking on one occasion because it conflicted with Sharp's schedule.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

Best coach at Texas A&M in the past 30 years.

I forgot his name, but the softball coach we had in the '80s and '90s was pretty good too. I met his son once.
SquawkITag
AG
According to premium. The construction fence is up.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

I forgot his name
Bob Brock
Maroon Flash
AG
Pat Henry is the best Coach we have had in any sport in a long time. This isn't intended to throw shade on Blair.

From the plans, it appears we are building a facility we can be proud of.
FullDraw
AG
If we compete in it, I want to win. We compete in track. We now have a winning tradition in it. It may not get the revenue, but the immeasurable, unmeasurable exposure of national championships in any sport is "money". People talk about it. It does matter beyond "revenue" to the athletic department,
redd38
AG
AggieDisaster said:

According to premium. The construction fence is up.

Looks like only construction fence for softball is up. No dirt work for either yet.
Prescient
Both the Track and Softball facilities are being slow footed pending the Legislature's decisions on A&M's budget. Nobody wants the optics of athletic facilities going up when the State debates which state university gets the biggest cuts.

Totally an optics issue. The money is there, the construction will move once the State budget is settled.
mullokmotx
AG
Your comment about the legislature makes sense. Lots of graduates of schools with a better facility would not want the best track program in the state to be even more successful.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.