Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ole Miss Self Impose Ban

12,944 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Maroon Flash
Aftermath
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MSU/SECALUM said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

There's more to this story with Leo Lewis and what Ole Miss did...stay tuned.
Do tell.
I'm from the same town as Leo Lewis...know his parents. Leo was recruited heavily by and committed to Bama then backed away and decided he wanted to go to Ole Miss. While he was committed something happened that changed his mind...I don't know all the details but was told the money he got came from a local Ole Miss alum but Leo had already made up his mind that he was going to commit to State and the alum told him to keep it for a few days and think about it. He signed with State and from what I am hearing the money was never spent and turned in to someone(attorney) that was aware of the pay off from Ole Miss. Also, Freeze was the one that took the call so him saying he didn't know all this was going on was an outright lie and he'll be getting a show cause...did anyone notice that Freeze looked like he had not slept in several days in the video Ole Miss released...he knows he's done.

One other thing I was told yesterday was the recording Ole Miss allegedly has is of no consequence because it was illegally obtained...without his mothers knowledge/consent and that the NCAA was actually gathering dirt using her. We shall see where this goes but it sounds like we haven't heard all of the story. A good friend told me Freeze will keep his job this year but will be terminated at the end of the season due to the timing needed to hire another coach.

BTW, you can ask any Ole Miss fan and they will tell you that State doesn't have that kind of money to buy recruits.
I don't think how it was obtained matters, this isn't a court of law. NCAA is basically just relying on what a recruit from a rival school is saying, so in order to save face and appear unbiased, they will have to consider the recording. I think MSU eventually gets burned too.Reality is the kid turned down a school who offered up something big and the recording has his mom telling what other schools have offered and asking what they will. Theres a pretty good chance he took the best offer....I hope we weren't implicated on her list.
MSU/SECALUM
Aftermath said:

MSU/SECALUM said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

There's more to this story with Leo Lewis and what Ole Miss did...stay tuned.
Do tell.
I'm from the same town as Leo Lewis...know his parents. Leo was recruited heavily by and committed to Bama then backed away and decided he wanted to go to Ole Miss. While he was committed something happened that changed his mind...I don't know all the details but was told the money he got came from a local Ole Miss alum but Leo had already made up his mind that he was going to commit to State and the alum told him to keep it for a few days and think about it. He signed with State and from what I am hearing the money was never spent and turned in to someone(attorney) that was aware of the pay off from Ole Miss. Also, Freeze was the one that took the call so him saying he didn't know all this was going on was an outright lie and he'll be getting a show cause...did anyone notice that Freeze looked like he had not slept in several days in the video Ole Miss released...he knows he's done.

One other thing I was told yesterday was the recording Ole Miss allegedly has is of no consequence because it was illegally obtained...without his mothers knowledge/consent and that the NCAA was actually gathering dirt using her. We shall see where this goes but it sounds like we haven't heard all of the story. A good friend told me Freeze will keep his job this year but will be terminated at the end of the season due to the timing needed to hire another coach.

BTW, you can ask any Ole Miss fan and they will tell you that State doesn't have that kind of money to buy recruits.
I don't think how it was obtained matters, this isn't a court of law. NCAA is basically just relying on what a recruit from a rival school is saying, so in order to save face and appear unbiased, they will have to consider the recording. I think MSU eventually gets burned too.Reality is the kid turned down a school who offered up something big and the recording has his mom telling what other schools have offered and asking what they will. Theres a pretty good chance he took the best offer....I hope we weren't implicated on her list.
What I was trying to relay is that the NCAA was in on that call by Leo's mother to Ole Miss/Freeze. Once Leo allegedly got the pay off from Ole Miss the money was turned over to an attorney that is representing Leo Lewis and his family...Ole Miss was set up and took the bait. As far as the legalities of the recorded conversation of Leo's mother maybe aggiehawg could way in on that? I've heard Treadwell has rolled over on Ole Miss so again we should be hearing more very soon. Some rumors going around now that Freeze will be canned this week.
aggiehawg
AG
It doesn't matter to the NCAA whether the tape is admissible in a court of law. Particularly, if it is Freeze himself on the phone. And here's why. The NCAA can also hammer someone for lying during an investigation. If Freeze was asked directly about the contents of the call and denied all of it? The tape shows he lied to the investigators.

Which would explain his haggard appearance last week. He knew he was about to be hammered for lying during the investigation, if nothing else.

Having Treadwell roll over won't help either. Freeze likely doesn't survive the week if former players start coming out of the woodwork.
Overblown
Aftermath
AG
carter4133 said:

Overblown

...agree
Maroon Flash
AG
Quote:

I hope we weren't implicated on her list.

Leo Lewis was briefly committed to Alabama and heavily recruited by LSU and MSU.

The tweeting of Nkemdiche's conversations with the Coach arranging a payment was a professional cyber hit job.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.