Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ole Miss Self Impose Ban

12,917 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Maroon Flash
Sports-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ole Miss self impose postseason ban for 2017. Link to article and 20 minute tape that Ole Miss made.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18743461/ole-miss-rebels-self-impose-1-year-postseason-ban-2017
chipotle
absolutely
Dro07
AG
Probably saw their roster and who they are going to lose and saw this as a great idea!
Olsen
AG
Ole Miss should have a losing season and their fans won't blame Freeze for that.
vander54
S
I hope the lack of institutional control sticks and this self imposed punishment is looked at like a little slap on the wrist based off what the NCAA does.
TecRecAg
AG
They're gonna get 5-10 scholarships lost over next 4 years. USC got hammered and what they did isn't nearly as bad.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Meanwhile, at Baylor...
jr15aggie
AG
I know it's a big deal to the players and a money maker for the university, so I don't want to make light of it... but I have a feeling there is a lot worse that might and perhaps definitely should happen to that program for violations.

I mean, it's fairly obvious for anybody that followed recruiting what was going on. They weren't even sneaky about it, they just started landing multiple #1 prospects all over the place LOL.
Bone6
I think the Freeze run of Ole Miss having top 25 teams that flirt with the top 10 is coming to an end.
Sports-Ag
AG
Finebaum said the new allegation of the lack of institute control is not looking good for Ole Miss but they can fight it. Yes, I know it's Finebaum.
W
AG
credit to the many, many posters that saw Ole Miss' 2013 recruiting class and said...no way that is legit / legal.

it sure wasn't
W
AG
Ole Miss' first 5 games:

South Alabama
UT-Martin
at Cal
at Alabama
at Auburn

hopefully the Rebels have quit by the time A&M comes to Oxford in late November
W
AG
one downer for the Rebs...their East opponents in 2017 are: Vanderbilt and Kentucky.

that's about as favorable as it gets for East foes (with perhaps the exception of Missouri)
vander54
S
Sports-Ag said:

Finebaum said the new allegation of the lack of institute control is not looking good for Ole Miss but they can fight it. Yes, I know it's Finebaum.

I know they can fight it and they are. That is why I said I hope it sticks.

Also these new allegations apparently have nothing to do with Larry Tunsil and the draft night fiasco.
Ian Neff
AG
W said:

Ole Miss' first 5 games:

South Alabama
UT-Martin
at Cal
at Alabama
at Auburn

hopefully the Rebels have quit by the time A&M comes to Oxford in late November

They will have utterly quit. But, about 15 minutes before kickoff, somebody on the team will start cracking jokes. Having fun. And then the Rebels start figuring that since they have pads on, they might as well play.
And they will.
And destroy us just Bc it's funny.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I'm so shocked
These mostly seem pretty minor.
EastSideAg2002

Quote:

A former Ole Miss staff member arranged for a recruit to receive cash payments from two boosters totaling $13,000 to $15,600.
And this is for a recruit that did not sign with them. I wonder what some of those other players that did go to Ole Miss got.
TMartin
Ole Miss is using the current defense (like Baylor) that they will discipline themselves and the NCAA should just leave them alone.......right.
Aftermath
AG
Appears like all of the new allegations were benefits for players that didn't sign with them....begs the question what did they get from the teams they did sign with?
Hamburger Dan
They should be an easy win. Oh wait, that's what TexAgs always says.
GreatSullysGhost
Hamburger Dan said:

They should be an easy win. Oh wait, that's what TexAgs always says.
Well, they SHOULD. It isn't texags fault when coaches go full ******.
GreatSullysGhost
Wait... ****** is censored?

67walkon
They think a one year bowl ban when they weren't going to a bowl anyway gets them off the hook?
Ha. Ha Ha
AgOutsideAustin
AG
That true freshman looked like JFF at Kyle last year. We will have a hard time beating them.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

That true freshman looked like JFF at Kyle last year. We will have a hard time beating them.

To be fair our D made most of the QB's we played look like JFF.
vander54
S
AgOutsideAustin said:

Luckily they still need to play D and they are losing 6 seniors. They are also losing 2 receivers and their TE. Will that be enough? Who knows, we should have beaten them last year and we didn't.
AggieTFA06
AG
If we play Ole Miss in November, I expect a close game considering how we fade in November.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
sincereag
How could the NCAA not find any evidence of cheating with Tunsil? Everyone who watched the draft clearly saw he was paid by a staff member. Oh well...at least they found someone who was willing to spill the beans on their dirty recruiting. Hope Greg Little enjoys his decision to attend Ole Miss.
Inspector Javert
is what they did worse than systematically covering up a culture of raping women on the campus?

dixichkn
AG
Greg Little.

Just wanted to mention his name. No particular reason. Carry on.
vander54
S
I don't think the NCAA is done here.
Al Bula
AG
So ole miss beats A&M for the fourth straight time in 2017.
dixichkn
AG
Aftermath said:

Appears like all of the new allegations were benefits for players that didn't sign with them....begs the question what did they get from the teams they did sign with?
Rumor has is Leo Lewis raked in $15K from Freeze and didn't even sign there.......so I guess we're to believe he didn't get a penny from Clanga?
Strategy
AG
dixichkn said:

Greg Little.

Just wanted to mention his name. No particular reason. Carry on.

Eff that guy.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.