Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I'm a Sumlin fan.

11,686 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Habanero Guero
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cevans_40 said:

Who? Someone please answer the ****ing question. Who you gonna get?
Let's see....

1. Best facilities in the state
2. Best conference in the state
3. Best exposure for football players in the state
4. 100,000+ home game attendance

WR's coach for Muleshoe could put together a top 10 recruiting class with all those advantages. Just need someone who actually wants to do it.
cevans_40
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

cevans_40 said:

This is the WORST

W
O
R
S
T

reason to keep a coach.

Just the answer I suspected. All whining no solutions. If you replace a Chevy with a pinto, it's not an improvement. Change for the sake of change is not an improvement.
cevans_40
AG
jblaschke said:

cevans_40 said:

Let's see....

1. Best facilities in the state
2. Best conference in the state
3. Best exposure for football players in the state
4. 100,000+ home game attendance

WR's coach for Muleshoe could put together a top 10 recruiting class with all those advantages. Just need someone who actually wants to do it.

Nice answer Hillary.
Goose83
AG
NyAggie said:

If we go 7-5 but we don't collapse down the stretch then sumlin should get another year because the lack of a collapse will show that the new S&C coach is working

New DC, new PC, now new S&C coach

Need to give this thing 2 more years and if we are still no better than 8-5 then you blow it up
If this is the case, then he's never going to leave is he?
jja79
AG
cevans_40 said:

Sometimes you have to take some chances in life and business. It seems a reasonable conclusion after 5 years this guy isn't it. Our recruiting is behind those we're trying to catch, player development is sub par, game management is brutal to watch so why the fear to do something different?
Goose83
AG
cevans_40 said:

Quit acting like a petulant child. There are a number of people to choose from that are better than Sumlin that would come here in a heartbeat, like Morris and Fedora.

I'd be even happy hiring a Texas High School coach, as long as we have someone that actually shows an interest in doing something more than counting his money and blaming everyone else for his own mistakes during weekly press conferences.

As long as we get someone that shows even the slightest level of interest beyond "doing the bare minimum to keep my job", that would be a welcome relief and a positive step forward.
cevans_40
AG
JFS61 said:

cevans_40 said:

Quit acting like a petulant child. There are a number of people to choose from that are better than Sumlin that would come here in a heartbeat, like Morris and Fedora.

I'd be even happy hiring a Texas High School coach, as long as we have someone that actually shows an interest in doing something more than counting his money and blaming everyone else for his own mistakes during weekly press conferences.

As long as we get someone that shows even the slightest level of interest beyond "doing the bare minimum to keep my job", that would be a welcome relief and a positive step forward.

Thanks for finally presenting a name(s). I don't see either of the 2 guys you presented as an upgrade but that's a separate discussion. I feel that if we are going to make a change it should be for a more proven commodity.

As far as showing an interest, I would love to hear how you know Sumlin doesn't care about building a great program here.
cevans_40
AG
jja79 said:

cevans_40 said:

Sometimes you have to take some chances in life and business. It seems a reasonable conclusion after 5 years this guy isn't it. Our recruiting is behind those we're trying to catch, player development is sub par, game management is brutal to watch so why the fear to do something different?

You do realize that the entire country is/has been behind those we are trying to catch. I don't see any way that a coaching change automatically vaults you past Bama and LSU.

I also don't feel the book is closed on Sumlin. The 2013 recruiting class was a major setback in building a program and I feel that he can recover but it remains to be seen if he will be given that opportunity.
jja79
AG
Totally agree. No guarantee, other than the guarantee Sumlin won't get us past LSU and Alabama.
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

4. Last year, we ranked 8th in the SEC in recruiting. This year, we finished 6th in the SEC in recruiting. Neither class was even top 10.

Rivals had us at #10 and ESPN at #11. If you want to go off on a tirade, at least keep the facts correct.
Lateralus Ag
AG
heddy Lamarr said:

For the 13 years before Sumlin arrived we averaged 6.5 wins per season as members of the Big 12 and had the worst loss in Aggie history. Since his arrival we've averaged almost 9 wins per season. He's done a great job converting a crappy Big 12 program into a competitive SEC program. Its going to take a while for us to be LSU or Alabama....Aggie fans who think we should already be those two programs have mental problems.

The other reality is had we been assigned to the East - we'd likely have been in at least three if not four SEC Championship games.

Those are truth bombs...and the only argument that counts.

You have trouble with rational thought, don't you?

There are medications and therapy for that. I suggest you get some of both.
Lateralus Ag
AG
cevans_40 said:

Lateralus Ag said:

cevans_40 said:

This is the WORST

W
O
R
S
T

reason to keep a coach.

Just the answer I suspected. All whining no solutions. If you replace a Chevy with a pinto, it's not an improvement. Change for the sake of change is not an improvement.

I have actually answered that question on multiple occasions. Just because my opinion makes you uncomfortable doesn't mean I have to keep explaining it to you.

You are also misrepresenting my opinion. I never said we should change coaches for the sake of change. I said we should change head coaches because the one we have sucks at his job.

Try and not make jr high attacks and try not to use logical fallacies that work on 5 year olds. It just makes you look petty. And kind of dumb. I doubt you are very dumb at all, so it is a bad look for you.
cevans_40
AG
I guess I don't follow you well enough to know your personal take on the issue thus I proposed the question. Your take on the issue seems to be a very popular and concerning. I feel that we are probably both unsatisfied with the overall performance and record of the program over the last few seasons. I however do not see the positive in continual complaining with no proposed solutions. If someone was to come on these threads and argue to replace Sumlin with X, I would probably have no issue with that. However, continuing the narrative that we should fire Sumlin with no logical replacement does nothing other than compound the image that the program is unstable.
Lateralus Ag
AG
cevans_40 said:

I guess I don't follow you well enough to know your personal take on the issue thus I proposed the question. Your take on the issue seems to be a very popular and concerning. I feel that we are probably both unsatisfied with the overall performance and record of the program over the last few seasons. I however do not see the positive in continual complaining with no proposed solutions. If someone was to come on these threads and argue to replace Sumlin with X, I would probably have no issue with that. However, continuing the narrative that we should fire Sumlin with no logical replacement does nothing other than compound the image that the program is unstable.

I completely agree with you.

And the program is unstable.
Agnzona
Is Sumlin is a great recruiter, then he is an even worse coach.
bglass85
AG
Tribe2013 said:

heddy Lamarr said:

For the 13 years before Sumlin arrived we averaged 6.5 wins per season as members of the Big 12 and had the worst loss in Aggie history. Since his arrival we've averaged almost 9 wins per season. He's done a great job converting a crappy Big 12 program into a competitive SEC program. Its going to take a while for us to be LSU or Alabama....Aggie fans who think we should already be those two programs have mental problems.

The other reality is had we been assigned to the East - we'd likely have been in at least three if not four SEC Championship games.

Those are truth bombs...and the only argument that counts.
These are not facts, they are opinions. hope this helps
Bodhi
AG
Habanero Guero
AG
Sumlin is not good enough. All we had to do was beat two really bad teams and we would've gone 10-2!! We couldn't do it. This is a results driven profession and the results aren't there

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.