Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Exactly how biased is 24/7?

6,898 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Lateralus Ag
Pylon Cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GigemGang17 signees were on average ranked about 86 (86.296) spots lower (worse) than their composite national ranking.

By individual player:

Ranked Higher than Composite
Dan Moore (399 spots higher)
Devin Morris (276 spots higher)
Ondario Robinson (265 spots higher)
Jayden Peevy (139 spots higher)
Jacob Kibodi (53 spots higher)
Grayson Reed (52 spots higher)
Adrian Wolford (45 spots higher)
Jhamon Ausbon (11 spots higher)
Derrick Tucker (4 spots higher)
Micheal Clemons (3 spots higher)

Ranked Lower than Composite
Cam Horry (613 spots lower)
Josh Rodgers (410 spots lower)
Kenyel McZeal (373 spots lower)
Cam Buckley (359 spots lower)
Hezekiah Jones (257 spots lower)
Keldrick Carper (256 spots lower)
Conner Blumrick (214 spots lower)
Devodrick Johnson (175 spots lower)
Kellen Mond (169 spots lower)
Tyree Johnson (163 spots lower)
Carson Green (132 spots lower)
Santino Marichol (120 spots lower)
Jared Hocker (118 spots lower)
Anthony Hines (74 spots lower)
Myles Jones (71 spots lower)
Roshauud Paul (61 spots lower)
Debione Renfro (12 spots lower)

Players such as Keldrick Carper, Devodrick Johnson and Cameron Buckley would be composite four stars if not for these biased rankings.
I can do analysis of our previous classes if y'all want.
Sex Panther
AG
#FakeRecruiting
SlackerAg
AG
24/7 recently bought Scout, so they now control a part of the composite score.
pv
Who cares?
FrankK
AG
I posted an analysis a few years back (on the recruiting board). And not only did I track the final result, but I tracked the changes that happened before and after recruits committed to the good guys. Similar stats for other B12 & SEC teams. Results were conclusive and demonstrated a pattern of behavior.
1876er
AG
Now do an analysis where you compare our 24/7 rankings to our AP ranking 4 years later and tell me 24/7 is biased.
MaxPower
Very biased. Our recruiting is overrated......
ironmanag
AG
Not according to the NFL combine. Nor according to the fact that we have never finished a season in the SEC with less than 8 wins even though we have only been in the league 5 years.

Negativity is a choice.
Pylon Cam
AG
pv said:

Who cares?
You cared enough to click on this thread
TMartin
This has gone on for a long time. If you want to know why Google Bobby Burton (sip) who sold Rivals and started 24/7. It might take a little digging because they carefully try to keep his sip background out of his on line info. The recruiting services are another example of modern lazy journalism.
The Collective
AG
More and more each year, we have taken quite a few guys early who have stuck with us through the entire recruiting process. Early commits who stick throughout the process don't sell subs, so there is little interest in big moves for these guys. Some guys like that may not spend as much time at the various camp circuits either.
Bodhi
AG
Who cares
Just Tired
1876er said:

Now do an analysis where you compare our 24/7 rankings to our AP ranking 4 years later and tell me 24/7 is biased.

that is the sad truth.

here is the link for the other analysis referenced above...

www.texags.com/forums/9/topics/2598983
Spyderman
AG
24/7
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
CJS4715 said:

More and more each year, we have taken quite a few guys early who have stuck with us through the entire recruiting process. Early commits who stick throughout the process don't sell subs, so there is little interest in big moves for these guys. Some guys like that may not spend as much time at the various camp circuits either.

Agree with this. Their job is to first sell subs, then to report on recruiting news.

Why do you think there's always crystal ball movement before a big announcement on major players (I.e. Kyler having a significant amount of crystal balls go toward Oregon right before hand)? People making these don't believe the switch, they want to sell subs and drum up interest and their using the big name of the recruit to do it.

Teams with fan bases that put out the money will have rankings biased in their favor. It's not some homer associated bias, it just makes financial sense to cater to the big fan bases. If you can get a fanbase like the sips to get excited about a class, you'll have a bunch of new subs coming in.

CJS is right. Guys who aren't dramatic and keep their commitment from their junior year don't have any reason to go up the rankings. They don't sell subs.
Geriatric Punk
AG
I couldn't tell you. Every time I try to go to 24/7, the pop-ups and adware crash my browser. Garbage site.
Bodhi
AG
Who cares
2thFixinAg
there is no award for winning february. It's an indicator of success but there are always exceptions and trying to pin down any kind of accuracy due to rankings is flawed. We got who we got. Quit worrying about how it appears. May i recommend a self confidence course.
Bodhi
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

pv said:

Who cares?

I also click on pop ups of Peter Griffin and Marge Simpson. My bar is pretty low.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Bodhi said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

pv said:

Who cares?

I also click on pop ups of Peter Griffin and Marge Simpson. My bar is pretty low.

I lold.
dcAg
It is interesting how "stars" can change in the off season before a players senior year and after their senior year of football is over.

My guess it has nothing to do with anything except for scholarship offers.
tomball_demogorgon
AG
VERY #fakenews
Lateralus Ag
AG
Not sure how you could measure that. So, I don't think it is possible to answer the original question.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.