Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dabo Swinney

7,097 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AWP 97
Desert Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At the Davey O'Brien award dinner introducing DeShaun Watson. Absolutely inspiring speaker. It's no surprise Clemson is a championship program...
MicheIangeIo
AG
Cowboy?
Brush Country
Did you touch him?

Did you get to touch deshawn?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
BYOG !
The Collective
AG
You ask him about Clemsoning for research purposes?
Bottlehead90
AG
And there investments in recruiting

TMartin
Say what you want about Dabo but he had the vision, motivation, determination and most of all commitment to create a national champion at Clemson with far less to work with than A&M. Read the story about what Dabo inherited at Clemson..
ClemsonTig
I have tremendous respect for Texas A&M and have family that graduated from there. Having said that I'm not sure how you think A&M has more to work with than Clemson?

Ian Neff
AG
ClemsonTig said:

I have tremendous respect for Texas A&M and have family that graduated from there. Having said that I'm not sure how you think A&M has more to work with than Clemson?

Bc South Carolina has a smaller population than Harris County.
ClassOf17
Texas women > other women

All joking aside, can't wait to travel to to Death Valley in a few years
ham98
Dabo Swinney is an example of how a great coach and good AD is more important than having the most resources when it comes to winning bigly.
AG
ClemsonTig said:

Facilities. Money. Alumni base. The most fertile recruiting ground in the country year in and year out. Over 400 DI scholarship players alone out of Texas every year.
Raptor
AG
ACC < SEC
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

Facilities. Money. Alumni base. The most fertile recruiting ground in the country year in and year out. Over 400 DI scholarship players alone out of Texas every year.

yet Clemson has 2 national titles since 1980 while A&M has none.

JMJLAW
AG
Yes! We need Joel Osteen as our head coach
Bottlehead90
AG
We have money and location and have bought what we can buy (stadium, facilities, etc) and are willing to pay a competitive salary. We just need it to translate to wins.

Though anyone who thinks Clemson has more to offer than A&M has not done any research.
Maroon Flash
AG
No slam against Clemson but the simple facts are that they have done more with less resources. Clemson was paying Dabo $3.3 million prior to the NC and pays him $4.55 million now.

We haven't won our half of the conference with a $5 million Coach.

As pointed out above, we have bought all that can, it's up to the AD and Coaching now.
ham98
We've purchased poorly while Clemson is a purchasing genius.
Triple-T
AG
Did he support Clemson kicking a FG against them?
GoneForGood
Swinney spoke at the Nike Coach of the Year clinic this last weekend in DC and you're absolutely right, he's a damn good speaker. My favorite part about his speech is he said when he took over at Clemson he wanted to do things the right way. That if they can't win and do everything in the program the correct way, why even bother.

He's a very devout Christian and his #1 focus is on his players graduating. Says he constantly hounds his formers juniors about when they're finishing their degrees.
ClemsonTig
4 said:

ClemsonTig said:

Using that logic schools like Alabama and Auburn should be middle of the road programs. And Clemson, with a small state population, should be right there with them. A school like Syracuse, with the huge population center of the state of New York should be dynamite.

I do think Texas high school football talent is a bit inflated but that's just my take.

One more thing, this is how CBS now says the College HC jobs stack up. Clemson #3 now. I'd still put FSU ahead of us. It's a sweet gig.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ranking-every-power-5-job-nos-15-1/

ClemsonTig
ClassOf17 said:

Texas women > other women

All joking aside, can't wait to travel to to Death Valley in a few years
Look forward to welcoming the Aggies. I greatly enjoyed our previous two game series in College Station and Clemson. I had a great time at Kyle Field, outside of the game of course. Fans and experience could not have been better.
ClemsonTig
Ian Neff said:

ClemsonTig said:

Syracuse in New York should be dynamite then. Same for Boston College.
ClemsonTig
NyAggie said:

Quote:

yet Clemson has 2 national titles since 1980 while A&M has none.

Since 1981!

UGA and Herschel Walker won in 1980.
Snap E Tom
ClemsonTig said:

Ian Neff said:

ClemsonTig said:

Syracuse in New York should be dynamite then. Same for Boston College.
Terrible analogy. The Northeast has basically zero college football culture.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
JMJLAW said:

Yes! We need Joel Osteen as our head coach

Osteen would never take the pay cut.
Bottlehead90
AG
There is no way Clemson is the #3 job in the country. I am not clicking on that article because it is obviously a click bait article.

TMartin
A&M takes in far more revenue, has more alumni, a bigger recruiting base close by, the newest facilities in the country, etc. You REALLY don't see any of that as an advantage,
Geralt of Rivia
S
I'm just impressed OP spelled his name correctly
AWP 97
AG
Most of the population of New York lives in the 5 Burroughs. There is a disconnect between Western NY and that area. Plus, New York does not produce anywhere close to the football talent that Texas does. Winters are brutal.

Syracuse is nice and I like it but the city is run down. I don't think it will ever draw enough recruits to be relative

Rutgers has a better chance to rise up using NY talent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.