Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

QB situation at Uof H

12,189 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Emilio Fantastico
HighPlainsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is Kyle Allen likely to be the starter at U of H this Fall? I wish his the best.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
OK?
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
AppleCock fittin to do
Kool
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zephyr88
AG
KA is about to shine in the AAC.
aTm2004
AG
Applewhite loves Applecock
ironmanag
AG
Nope. He won't start. There is another.
Al Bula
AG
ironmanag said:

Nope. He won't start. There is another.
PJYoung
AG
Herman didn't bring him along to Austin and that raised a few eyebrows.

A person in the UH football program supposedly said he would've been 3rd string if eligible last season but I guess we'll all know for certain this fall.
Al Bula
AG
I've heard Allen's attitude of being an Arizona golden boy and former SEC starter does not jive well with the blue collar types who play at UH. Who knows if that is true or not.

In any event, I am guessing collecting splinters while riding the pine hurts his vagina less than getting beat up by the SEC West.
12Manny
I hear he's projected to start.

The one that was supposed to challenge him was a 4 star dual threat out of Manvel. Unfortunately, he went down with a knee injury and won't be ready till mid summer. That's alot of time to make up while KA is working out and getting more familiar with applewhite's system.

FWCoog
He should start but he will be pushed by Bowman Sells and Postma. The issue we have is our line is meh. That's ok if your Greg Ward and can scramble. However, it will be interesting to see what Allen can do. The over all goal is to win the AAC and go to ny6 bowl.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
FWCoog said:

He should start but he will be pushed by Bowman Sells and Postma. The issue we have is our line is meh. That's ok if your Greg Ward and can scramble. However, it will be interesting to see what Allen can do. The over all goal is to win the AAC and go to ny6 bowl.

Excellent post sir! No mention of Herman, creepy uncle Tillman, coog high graduate nobody gives a **** about, or go coogs!

You are the best uh poster ever come on back any time.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
But he didn't call him AppleCock
cedar
He'll easily be the starter.
Sex Panther
AG
aTm2004 said:

schmellba99
AG
PJYoung said:

A person in the UH football program supposedly said he would've been 3rd string if eligible last season but I guess we'll all know for certain this fall.
Why on earth would Allen have opted to voluntarily sit another year to follow Herman to Austin? That would be one of the dumber choices that the kid could have made.

He quit the team at a craptastic time, I get that. But the kid has talent and is apparently a likeable guy (evidenced by the fact that no A&M player has said anything negative about him and that he was still hanging out with former teammates last summer). I don't understand the need to try to cut him down at every opportunity, especially given the situation he ended up in here.
PJYoung
AG
It was my understanding that as a graduate transfer he would be eligible to play immediately. If not then, of course, he wouldn't transfer.
TheBro
PJYoung said:

It was my understanding that as a graduate transfer he would be eligible to play immediately. If not then, of course, he wouldn't transfer.
This
Unemployed
AG
schmellba99 said:

PJYoung said:

Why on earth would Allen have opted to voluntarily sit another year to follow Herman to Austin? That would be one of the dumber choices that the kid could have made.

He quit the team at a craptastic time, I get that. But the kid has talent and is apparently a likeable guy (evidenced by the fact that no A&M player has said anything negative about him and that he was still hanging out with former teammates last summer). I don't understand the need to try to cut him down at every opportunity, especially given the situation he ended up in here.
Think most people don't want him to be successful at UH because it would then be easier to rationalize him transferring by believing that we are better off without him.
PJYoung
AG
I was one of his biggest fans and thought he got a raw deal when he was thrown under the bus by Sumlin while playing hurt. He has the measurables you want in a QB. Big time.

I think he has all of the talent in the world if he can get his head right and I bet that comes with maturation.
Frank Grimes
AG
PJYoung said:

I was one of his biggest fans and thought he got a raw deal when he was thrown under the bus by Sumlin while playing hurt. He has the measurables you want in a QB. Big time.

I think he has all of the talent in the world if he can get his head right and I bet that comes with maturation.
I still don't know why he was playing hurt. Direct snaps to a running back would have been more effective.
rbcs_2
AG
I've seen it referenced before, but I can't recall when Sumlin threw him under the bus.

I will still root for Kyle Allen. Some of his actions showed clear signs of immaturity, but I think he is a pretty good kid overall.
Yell Practice
Good Luck Kyle
beer.morebeer.mostbeer
Franklin Delano Bluth said:

AppleCock fittin to do
What happened to Appletits? Did AppleCock become the official name? Been offline a day or two.
HowdyTAMU
AG
I've seen it referenced before, but I can't recall when Sumlin threw him under the bus.

Corretion...Sumlin threw him in FRONT of the bus.

Bus = Numerous SEC defenses against a struggling o-line
Aggie1
AG
I heard he was coming back to A&M as a Grad-transfer to prove to everyone he is as good as he was touted to be out of HS
Tomdoss92
AG
Sex Panther said:

aTm2004 said:

Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
rbcs_2 said:

I will still root for Kyle Allen. Some of his actions showed clear signs of immaturity, but I think he is a pretty good kid overall.

Sumlin played him against ole miss w a busted shoulder... Allen was absolutely awful & he couldn't hit any passes.... Sumlin let him flounder for 3-1/2 quarters....

After the game he stated AppleCock wasn't injured.... The following week he "opened up competition" for the starting job....

Sumlin is a first class POS
Rongagin71
AG
Sumlin said KA told him his shoulder was okay,
and KA apparently had done okay in practice,
but Sumlin left KA in that game way too long...
Even us non-coaches could tell KA was way off.
Then there was the rivalry with our Savior QB,
and Sumlin not handling that well...
Sumster better lately, but the repeated collapses after fast starts has him on a lot of schtlists.
POLOSHIRTFAN
I wonder if he would have left if he knew KM was going to leave too. I thought Allen showed some flashes, and he could run better than people think but his delivery was so slow. Hard to tell if he had a hard time reading defenses or he just has a wind up delivery, either way I think he has trouble in the NFL and UH
rbcs_2
AG
Franklin Delano Bluth said:

rbcs_2 said:

Sumlin played him against ole miss w a busted shoulder... Allen was absolutely awful & he couldn't hit any passes.... Sumlin let him flounder for 3-1/2 quarters....

After the game he stated AppleCock wasn't injured.... The following week he "opened up competition" for the starting job....

Sumlin is a first class POS
I guess I wouldn't consider that throwing someone under the bus. Stating in a post game press conference that a player isn't injured is more of a protection measure in my mind.

I missed that Ole Miss game, but was that the same game where Murray was in the dog house for cussing out Spav?
Potcake
AG
HighPlainsAg said:

Is Kyle Allen likely to be the starter at U of H this Fall? I wish his the best.

Hi Kyle.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Yes, that was the game Murray was benched.... Another situation Sumlin refused to admit....

The way I looked at it was that because Sumlin refused to acknowledge he let an injured player flounder, the conclusion to be drawn was that Allen was just very innacurate....

Thus opening a qb competition due to "innefective play of the starter"

It was a bull**** bushleague move....

Acknowledge Allen had his shoulder crushed & give him time to heal... if KM is suspended, start hubenak & deal w the outcome....

& if Allen loses his job while he's injured, so be it...... but Sumlin chose to run around like costanza telling different lies to different people....

Pathetic
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Quote:

I missed that Ole Miss game, but was that the same game where Murray was in the dog house for cussing out Spav?

Yes, it was. Hubes came into the game when Allen was finally pulled.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.