Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Spring Game

7,792 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GreatSullysGhost
StickTogetherAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Leander - Ag
Emilio Fantastico
AG
From Lat's "Right on Schedule" post:

Quote:

Mid February - Mid to late March: The recruiting season and signing day come to a close. Coach misses on a few recruits that really never intended on signing but also closes on a couple of surprises. The sunshine boys are in full recruiting frenzy and are convinced that (fill in 3*/4* recruits name) is really an under rated athlete and will surely be a star/freshman all SEC/heisman candidate (depending on the delusion levels). Spring workouts are looming large and the S&C coach is the Gandalf of the workout industry and has transformed our players into football playing machines. There are a few true sunshine boys that are convinced we will compete for the SEC and list long, documented reasons why this group is different. (For an example, see the "Reasons for Optimism" thread bumped from 2002. That was an early January thread, but to be fair, there were some good seniors coming back and optimism for the defense was still warranted). Reports come in from *sources* with access to Spring Workouts and (fill in player or position group) has made great strides to learn the system and is/are really giving (fill in position group on other side of ball) a lot of trouble. A few of the dedicated potbangers point out that this could simply mean the position group on the other side of the ball just sucks, giving evidence of the previous years finish. However, the sunshine is just too good to be dimmed and we are not rebuilding, we are preparing for a decent run that will surprise a few folks (of course, not the sunshine boys that are in the know). The Spring Game schedules are watched and the M/W game is just over the horizon.
chipotle
8-5
TyHolden
AG
weekend of masters...
Ian Neff
AG
Lat's good at Texags fact.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
levanta, levanta, tienes que gritar,

levanta, levanta, tienes que bailar.
Mike Elko
AG
Everything he stated in his tweet is True.
TexAg15
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Everything he stated in his tweet is True.
Quote:

It's never too early to talk about spring football.
This obviously isn't true.
fightinag
and..................
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
howdy2u
AG
Y'all may be right but I'm gonna watch it anyway.
malenurse
AG
Who are we playing?
Wb71
It's definitely going to be an exciting first look at the QBs. Yes I've got my glass of Koolaid.
TyHolden
AG
Coach manziel
GoodOldAgs
Whoop!
Shooz in Katy
AG
It was 5 years ago this spring game that we sat and watched JFF debut against Jamiel Showers for the QB job. I'll never forget a young man a few rows back proclaim "that's Johnny Football". First time I heard the monicker that would become legend.

Good times. Good times.
TowerAg90
AG
Guaranteed win
agz win
AG
Likely win for the maroon team.
tarletontexan
S
Franklin Delano Bluth said:

Rip Brad
Geriatric Punk
AG
tarletontexan said:

Franklin Delano Bluth said:

Rip Brad
amen.
Aggieland Lady
Al Bula
AG
Schu2000 said:

It was 5 years ago this spring game that we sat and watched JFF debut against Jamiel Showers for the QB job. I'll never forget a young man a few rows back proclaim "that's Johnny Football". First time I heard the monicker that would become legend.

Good times. Good times.
that was MFBarnes who shouted "Johnny Football."
Jack Cheese
AG
RPM said:

Schu2000 said:

Good times. Good times.

I remember well stepping into the helicopter with MFBarnes and asking him what "HWMIO" emblazoned on the side meant.... Silly me, I was stepping aboard with the Hardest Working Man In Oil. As he effortlessly piloted us above the M&W game action, he pointed and told me with the knowing tone of a seasoned professional football S&C coach / scout that Johnny Manziel would one day win the Heisman and be known by the name "Johnny Football".

Good times.
RedlegAg21
I guarantee the Aggies will win.
GreatSullysGhost
RPM said:

Schu2000 said:

Good times. Good times.
That was the day that MFBarnes impregnated my wife.

I hate that son of a *****... but I respect him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.