Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If you were John Sharp for a day...

5,759 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AWP 97
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The serious answer is that while there are lots of things a Chancellor should do, the vast majority would take a lot longer than a day. Like building up other system campuses to the point where they would be realistic options for good students in TX, the way the UC system has multiple options for CA.

Maybe kill 25 by 25.

Or steal someone from another school to run the A&M foundation. Raw donation numbers aren't the right metric for capital campaigns... we need to sell initiatives differently to the donor base. I've also been struck by how the foundation asks faculty to identify donors instead of using us to sell what we are doing to donors they already found. I suspect this is related to our history of who gets rich among our former students.

I may be being unfair to the foundation, based on my very limited interactions with them. But a few years ago, some colleagues from a B1G school were being used by their fundraisers to talk to big money donors in Texas about a building. They struck out, but they told me that these donors expressed that while they wanted to give to A&M, they never got asked.

I've also seen a case where an old Ag wanted to make a big donation for a specific research focus, but it was held up by lots of different people trying to horn in on taking some of the money and credit.
Sbisa Chef
I'd remove the non-A&M campuses from the "System". Only the true "Texas A&M" campuses (College Station, Galveston, etc..) will be part of the system.

Drain the swamp.

"So long to..."

PVAMU
Tarleton State
TAMUI
TAMU-CC
TAMU-KV
WTAMU
TAMU-COMMERCE
TAMU-TEXARKY
TAMU-CENTRAL TEXAS...IS THIS UTEP?
TAMU-SAN ANTONIO

"As John Sharp for a day, I hereby declare the preceding list of campuses expelled from TAMUS, and return them free to the educational world as independent campuses with names of their own choosing."
fightinag
Id change the name of Texas to......
Mexas
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
terata
AG
Quit drinking.
PeekingDuck
AG
Would hope I'd have a moment of clarity, revert to the academic seal and then resign.
cali_aggie04
AG
I'd start a "If you were John Sharp for a day..." thread on TexAgs
RGbadger
Since this is a sports site, I will keep it with sports. I wood create a major in physical education at A&M to give athletes a good option to make a living after college. Second, I would add 6 yell leaders to make 12 total with it mandatory that 6 are female. Both of above would help with recruiting.
alamoaggie 64
Return all presidential duties to the presidents and then retire.
Charlie 31
AG
I would proclaim 15 February as "Looch Day" in Aggieland, in honor of Billy Liucci's Birthday.
Deputy Travis Junior
Extend all our coaches and give them 50 million dollar buyouts.

(maybe I ought to delete this so he doesn't get any ideas)
AWP 97
AG
Can he fire everyone on the BOR?

He can't? Then I'm out of ideas.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.