Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Starkel vs Mond

17,560 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GreatSullysGhost
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maroon and White game will be awesome to watch as these two QB candidates compete this Spring/ summer for the starting job.

Jake H. will enjoy the Alex Moran life and go in as needed throughout the season.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Right on time.
Bone6
champagnepapi said:

Jake H. will enjoy the Alex Moran life and go in as needed throughout the season.
Jake H will be in the mix. You guys are kidding yourself where you think elite QB play is so easy to find.
Post removed:
by user
champagnepapi
Bone6 said:

champagnepapi said:

Jake H will be in the mix. You guys are kidding yourself where you think elite QB play is so easy to find.

As I said, go in as needed.
VaAg12
AG
Not too excited. I heard Starkel is ass my dude
Bone6
Quote:

As if you think Hubes is even a halfway decent starter. He shouldn't be anywhere near the mix for the starting job.

And you think a first year and/or second year player are going to magically give us elite QB play? I'm hoping for the best, but it's another year with serious question marks for the QB position. Have you not looked at our depth chart?
OrygunAg
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

Right on time.

Like it's choreographed...
AgEngr16
AG
Johnny Manziel.....yeah, yeah "but he is a once in a lifetime player"...Crablegs Winston....Jalen Hurts...it is becoming more and more common that underclassman come in and start. Not saying it will happen but it is happening an awful lot lately
Reed10
AG
Right on time with the "Right on time."
NyAggie
AG
Potential and raw talent vs experience

Johnny won out based on potential and raw talent

I think starkel will best out hubes and mond because he has the right mix of all 3

Being in the system for a year plus a spring is going to propel him over mond, and talent will propel him over hubes

Hubes was brought in for depth because of our situation. I don't think he was ever thought of as a full time starter
Lateralus Ag
AG
Bone6 said:

Quote:

As if you think Hubes is even a halfway decent starter. He shouldn't be anywhere near the mix for the starting job.

And you think a first year and/or second year player are going to magically give us elite QB play? I'm hoping for the best, but it's another year with serious question marks for the QB position. Have you not looked at our depth chart?

You aren't following the script.
Leander - Ag
Leander - Ag
I already have a dog
AG
They're all 3 in the mix but if Hubenak wins the job it means Mond and Starkle aren't ready (or worse that the college game is too big for them). Hubenak can't win the job but if nobody else does he probably gets it by default.
AG
TylerAg95 said:

Hubenak can't win the job but if nobody else does he probably gets it by default.

So you're saying if someone other than Hubenak doesn't win the starting job, Hubenak will.

Got it.
I already have a dog
AG
I don't think you do.
TXM Pride
Unless Hubenak is far and away better than the other 2 I would give it to one of the underclassmen. They have a chance of developing into a better QB with time. We know what we get from Jake and with him it's another 1 and done starter we will be replacing in a year.
agman08
When is the Maroon and a White game
AG
TXM Pride said:

They have a Janice of developing into a better QB with time..

I knew a chick named Janice once. Nice cans.
I already have a dog
AG
You're absolutely right TXM, I was thinking like an old, and going back to a time when players were sat to develop. Unless Starkel and Mond both truly suck (or Hubenak finds a hidden bucket of talent somewhere) one of them will be starting.
Fizban
Lateralus Ag said:

Bone6 said:

Quote:

Is that the script where someone starts a thread about looking forward to football and you crap all over it?

PatAg
AG
Epicaggie said:

Bone6 said:

champagnepapi said:

He shouldn't be, but its far from a given two freshman (one a red shirt) will be ready to start.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Fizban said:

Lateralus Ag said:

Bone6 said:

Quote:

Is that the script where someone starts a thread about looking forward to football and you crap all over it?

No. What is wrong with you?
phatbeast
AG
WE GONNA WIN A NATTY!!!!!!!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
4 said:

TXM Pride said:

They have a Janice of developing into a better QB with time..

I knew a chick named Janice once. Nice cans.

DGAG92
AG
VaAg12 said:

Not too excited. I heard Starkel is ass my dude

If he was high on Mazzone's list, he must be able to throw sideways or backwards really well......
Meximan
TylerAg95 said:

They're all 3 in the mix but if Hubenak wins the job it means Mond and Starkle aren't ready (or worse that the college game is too big for them). Hubenak can't win the job but if nobody else does he probably gets it by default.
"Guys, guys, I'm not saying that the Patriots can't win the Super Bowl, but if the Falcons don't they will."
DuckDown2013
AG
Starkel will end up being the guy in my opinion.
C Loves L
Texasaggie2016 said:

Johnny Manziel.....yeah, yeah "but he is a once in a lifetime player"...Crablegs Winston....Jalen Hurts...it is becoming more and more common that underclassman come in and start. Not saying it will happen but it is happening an awful lot lately

I think this trend has started due to the level of coaching at the HS level. Not all kids have to sit a year or two. Double edge sword.
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why do you keep saying people are expecting "elite" QB play, when in fact, nobody mentioned it. The OP is just talking about who wins the QB competition, he didn't mention anything about getting "elite" QB play. You're the only person who keeps throwing around the word "elite."

You need to focus on what people actually write. Starkel or Mond. That's all that is being debated.
tamudadx2
AG
My money is on Starkel for this round. Mastering the offense and getting the ball out quickly is going to be a must. #2 could eat a sack lunch behind his o-line. I am hopeful our 2017 o-line is much improved but it won't be a repeat of 2012. The o-line play and WR development will have a lot to say about who starts.
I remember that Babe Laufenberg the former Cowboy quarterback said "He can really spIn it" after following Starkel's high school career. Don't be too quick to discount Hube's. He's coming into the season with motivation, mastery of the offense, game experience and a national TV date with UCLA on the horizon.
Unemployed
AG
nm
Tmoneyag99
AG
TylerAg95 said:

You're absolutely right TXM, I was thinking like an old, and going back to a time when players were sat to develop. Unless Starkel and Mond both truly suck (or Hubenak finds a hidden bucket of talent somewhere) one of them will be starting.

I think things *may* have changed some at the high school level. With all of the camps and what not, kids may be able to come in and be more prepared to compete than they once were. Just my 2 cents though. It is entirely possible that I have zero clue what I'm talking about.
aggiedent
AG
Quote:

It is entirely possible that I have zero clue what I'm talking about.

That's OK, there are plenty of folks who post on here who know everything. Literally.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.