Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Alief Taylor WR Brennan Eagles - Update from The Opening Houston Regional

15,621 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by rbcs_2
GoodOldAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?

4.5 40
37" vertical
6'3.5" 214 lbs
And I hear he really likes A&M!! Why the hell haven't we offered yet?
Took me awhile to get this post right!
GoodOldAgs
DayAg!
S
Looks like a take all the way.
Meximan
Did a child draw all over that reporting card?
always gig em
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Does he have hands of stone or can he catch the ball?
aggieclay
Have we even offered?
GoodOldAgs
Emilio Fantastico said:

Does he have hands of stone or can he catch the ball?

His hands are very solid. He catches almost everthing within his catch radius & no case of dropsies. He's a combo of Evans/Reynolds Can post up any DB like Evans, with the deep threat of Reynolds. Just an extremely gifted receiver.
aggies1960
Take
GoodOldAgs
aggieclay said:

Have we even offered?

We have not, and it's a travesty. I don't know how a kid with film and measurables like this, who routinely mosses even the elite DBs in the state, in our own back yard, hasn't been offered yet!
GoodOldAgs

Against 5* CB Anthony Cook
The Collective
AG
GoodOldAgs said:

Which SEC west foe will be getting his services?
technoviking
AG
CJS4715 said:

GoodOldAgs said:

LSU has made headway for his services at this point
GoodOldAgs
technoviking said:

CJS4715 said:

GoodOldAgs said:

LSU has made headway for his services at this point

Correct. He seemed really excited for that offer on Twitter. Chaisson is already recruiting him as well from the looks of things.. hopefully we'll land Preston & Woodard &/or Moore to make me feel better about this
Sad Aggie Fan
AG
Would have been called offensive pass interference to be honest.
GoodOldAgs
Sad Aggie Fan said:

Would have been called offensive pass interference to be honest.
Lol he's getting flagged every time for that if he's an Aggie. If he's a Bammer, not so much. We do have that among other things working against us.

It bugs me there is so little buzz around a kid of this caliber in our backyard and we haven't even offered. Are we locks to land another elite outside WR if we don't scare them off? Are there grade issues? Would really like to know the staff's thought process behind this to better understand their methods.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
GoodOldAgs said:

aggieclay said:

Have we even offered?

We have not, and it's a travesty. I don't know how a kid with film and measurables like this, who routinely mosses even the elite DBs in the state, in our own back yard, hasn't been offered yet!

Has he been to campus for a junior day or anything of that sort yet?
Bone6
Unless he is terribly inconsistent and has a lot of drops (despite these highlights), I don't know how he isn't a take all the way.
EliteZags
AG
who dat QB too?
GoodOldAgs
Think he might have visited for a game last year, if even that. I seem to remember him having good things to say about A&M on Twitter or elsewhere, along the lines of we'd be at the top of his list if we offered. Besides that has been completely off of the radar. Very strange deal.
GoodOldAgs
Why did our staff pass on this guy? Does anyone have a valid answer? He looks just as good or better than any WR in the state?
TXPremiumBoy
AG
Do you know for a fact that our staff passed on him? If they did, there must be a very good reason. I saw this kid play last year vs Pearland. Was not nearly as impressed with him as I was with the WR from Manvel. But that was only one game (and it was an ugly game for both sides).
Lateralus Ag
AG
TXPremiumBoy said:

Do you know for a fact that our staff passed on him? If they did, there must be a very good reason. I saw this kid play last year vs Pearland. Was not nearly as impressed with him as I was with the WR from Manvel. But that was only one game (and it was an ugly game for both sides).

You are making a lot of assumptions.
jja79
AG
He told one of the Texags recruit stalkers that A&M is late to the party.
Lateralus Ag
AG
jja79 said:

He told one of the Texags recruit stalkers that A&M is late to the party.

Shocking.
Meximan
Sumlin typically offers late. That's not a defense, it's just a fact. I guess he likes to be very sure of his evaluations before offering. I'd expect an offer here soon.

No idea if that helps or hurts, though. These kids get butthurt over most any tiny perceived slight, real or imagined.
thebubbaisin
AG
When we get this guy the same people will be back here *****ing that we took a WR. The first comment will be "Can he play LB?"

AG
thebubbaisin said:

When we get this guy the same people will be back here *****ing that we took a WR. The first comment will be "Can he play LB?"

Well can he?
Lateralus Ag
AG
4 said:

thebubbaisin said:

Well can he?

Excellent question. I was just thinking, maybe Sumlin finally realized that the best WR's in the world do no good when there isn't a defense worth a damn on the other side of the ball...
GoodOldAgs

At long last, we finally offered yesterday. After virtually every decent p5 program did so. But hey, better late than never?
The Collective
AG
Oh noes... the offer only came a year in advance of signing day. I hope he (and A&M) can recover from this massive slight.
GreatSullysGhost
CJS4715 said:

Oh noes... the offer only came a year in advance of signing day. I hope he (and A&M) can recover from this massive slight.
This is really the only acceptable response to the panic monkeying going on here.
GoodOldAgs
GreatSullysGhost said:

CJS4715 said:

This is really the only acceptable response to the panic monkeying going on here.

You have much to learn about recruiting in 2017
ag_eet
AG
Maybe there was a concern over his ankles....
mitchdpm
AG
That JFF to Evans highlight just made me cry. QB: quick recognition, quick release, hits receiver downfield in stride. WR: quick release from line, catches ball, accelerates, sheds defenders, scores. Damn that seems like a long, arduous time ago.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.