Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Aggie championship hypothetical

5,470 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cdowl38
eric.cartman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which option for next 10 seasons would you choose and why?

A. Aggies play competitive football every year with 10-2 seasons for next 10 years and set up a foundation for football powerhouse and strong recruiting. No CFP championship game berth.We win two SEC championships and lose both CFP semifinal games.

B. Aggies have mediocre performance for next 10 years and most seasons wary between 6 and 8 wins, but win a championship by miracle in one of these years (hypothetical only, no logic)

edit: added clarification
Schrute
B, and it's not close.
gambochaman
AG
Schrute said:

B, and it's not close.
this
Yell Practice
B
Schrute
B, and it's not close even after you edited option A.
BASrecoverypatient
B for sure. Not gonna happen though. My BAS is stronger than it's ever been.
achooooo
A, if we (FINALLY) enter the 20th century, which ended 17 years ago, and get some frigging female cheerleaders to join the guys in white running around the field jumping, gyrating and squeezing their balls on national television. I bet we lose 1-2 top notch recruits every year because of this. That adds up to 4-8 potential starters over ac4 year period. That is probably a low number. Also, get a spirit squad in the stands so that thev tv cameras can show close ups of them rather than the aforementioned men in white. We have advantages in facilities, fan base, money, Texas recruiting talent, etc., but I have just vocalized what is the missing ingredient. Heck, if we had done this at the beginning of this century we would be a national power house every year!
agnerd
AG
So a bunch of seasons about the same as Manziel's Heisman year, or one season better than Manziel's Heisman year with the rest of them worse than this year.

Definitely put me down for A.
Dr. Mike 69
AG
Give me an A.
Meximan
achooooo said:

A, if we (FINALLY) enter the 20th century, which ended 17 years ago, and get some frigging female cheerleaders to join the guys in white running around the field jumping, gyrating and squeezing their balls on national television. I bet we lose 1-2 top notch recruits every year because of this. That adds up to 4-8 potential starters over ac4 year period. That is probably a low number. Also, get a spirit squad in the stands so that thev tv cameras can show close ups of them rather than the aforementioned men in white. We have advantages in facilities, fan base, money, Texas recruiting talent, etc., but I have just vocalized what is the missing ingredient. Heck, if we had done this at the beginning of this century we would be a national power house every year!

Boobs do not win championships. Lose fifty experience.
Aftermath
AG
C: so here's what will happen . More 6-8 win seasons with no championship in sight. BAS will become worse than ever....the old's get tired and realize that it's much cheaper to cherry pick the couple of games that are really worth seeing...the new army never really totally bought in( with a few exceptions) so their sales drop and they cannot afford to keep the spending up. Tickets are "fire-sold" at Kroger as gameday approaches and we writhe around in mediocrity ...all because we waited on next year... Didn't make the necessary changes....this is the story
maxnow21

C. Aggies play competitive football every year with 10-2 seasons for next 10 years and set up a foundation for football powerhouse and strong recruiting, we win 2 SEC championships and win a championship in one of those years. **** anything else.
NyAggie
AG
B by far
BanderaAg956
A, Sumlin goes away and we get in be path to A!
libertyag
AG
Before I choose A or B, can you let me know if any of our quarterbacks will be left-handed?
MondayMorningQB
AG
Well A just sounds like eternal Hell tbh
72jag
AG
We won't be close in either so wtf.
champagnepapi
National Championship?

Lol
Bob Knights Paper Hands
A, if it sets us up for championship runs after the 10 years. I'd rather put my bird in the bush than in your two hands. ..or something like that
zooguy96
C - We'll be mediocre with our current administration and Coach and it won't matter because we'll hire another mediocre coach since our Admin only cares about dollar signs $$$$$$.
AggieBill005
AG
A - with a run like that, and likely recruiting base that comes with it, I'm hedging my bets on at least to championships in the 10 years to follow. (in this pure hypothetical)

I dont want a flash in the pan - I want sustained success. The goal each season is to win a championship, but the goal of multiple seasons strung together should be consistent competitiveness.
fightinag
D) Aggie keep Sumlin for the next ten years, win 6-7 games a year, Sumlin becomes the highest paid coach in CFB
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Hamburger Dan
I've been reading thru this thread a lot. Many good answers, but Despite the wealth, the size, and the location, aTm has never really been looked at as a national championship type program. Blame it whoever, but it's not that highly regarded by anyone but Aggie fans. I'm not sure that will change anytime soon.
A = Oregon

B = Auburn

Spotted Ag
AG
This thread is a perfect example of why Vegas will NEVER go out of business.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I will go with A. What A describes is essentially years like 1985, 1991, 1993, and 2012. Lots of wins, including victories against big name programs but no championship. If you have put together a slew of 10+ win seasons, you are as likely as not to break through IMO. Win one of those NCs coupled with this kind of success and all of a sudden we are competing for NCs each year.

B sounds like more of the same except that we actually beat either UF or LSU in 2012 and go on to win the NC that season.
2thFixinAg
String a bunch of 10 win seasons together and a natty will occur in there somewhere.
Pioneer
B. Natty, even if by luck is a natty.

Poster 33 was correct. Rather be Auburn than Oregon.
CajunAg86
achooooo said:

Brilliant! Because the ONLY thing holding us back from multiple NCs is our all-male yell leaders, and the fact that two 4*-5* awesome recruits base their decision to go elsewhere on that fact.
JayAggie
AG
B...no question
cdowl38
AG
Pylon Cam
AG
B, of course. Let's keep this relevant threads up top
cdowl38
AG
this will never happen
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.