Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Myles Garrett to Dallas Cowboys

10,348 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Meximan
MylesMiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trade Romo and 1st round pick for number one overall pick.
Draft Myles, pass rush problem solved.
AFDave13
AG
Joe Exotic
AG
They will be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th for Romo
CrazyDayDuck
They need to:
- Stop investing in potheads (McClain and Gregory)
- Give the play-calling to the QB (Linehan must be Spav's real father)
- Get a real coach (Garrett is nothing more than Jerrah's beyotch)
- Get a real GM (but still tell Jerrah that he is the GM. He's too stupid to know what his decisions are. )
Deputy Travis Junior
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

They will be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th for Romo
OP is not saying that Romo would fetch the #1 overall pick. He's saying Romo + Dallas' 1st (I think 28th overall?) for the #1 pick. So trade down 27 spots for Romo.

Doubt Cleveland would go for it, but might as well offer. The Browns didn't get to where they are by being a well-run team haha.
Ags #1
AG
Lol. So browns would trade the number one pick for an old injury prone QB?
MidTnAg
AG
Impossible. Cowboy fans only wish for this because it will never haopen.

Jimmy Johnson might have been able to do this.
theeyetest
CrazyDayDuck said:

They need to:
- Stop investing in potheads (McClain and Gregory)
- Give the play-calling to the QB (Linehan must be Spav's real father)
- Get a real coach (Garrett is nothing more than Jerrah's beyotch)
- Get a real GM (but still tell Jerrah that he is the GM. He's too stupid to know what his decisions are. )

Everything after your first sentence was complete and utter trash.
redd38
AG
You think the cowboys will tank the rest of their season to try to get a better draft spot?
AggieLitigator
They would have to send Romo, their first round pick and probably their second round pick to make this happen. Jerry Jones would never do that.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
MylesMiller said:

Trade Romo and 1st round pick for number one overall pick.
OP is the reason Cowboy fans are looked upon in disdain.
Please stop.
Kozmozag
You cowboy fans are spoiled. McNair should cut a deal to get Romo.
FabricatorAg
Kozmozag said:

This...trade Romo, their first and third pick for JJ Watt. Anyone who thinks they wouldn't consider this? You don't get the business end of football. Check his age, recent surgeries, and Clowney finally playing up to his potential. He could be the rent a player we need to put our defense over the top. Poor mans Aroldis Chapman if you will, even though that guy blew in the World Series.
I like mullets, and bourbon whiskey..
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I must not get the business end of football, because that sounds horrible.
CHEN Ag 2019
AG
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say JJ probably isn't going anywhere...
fredfredunderscorefred
MichaelJ90 said:

Kozmozag said:

This...trade Romo, their first and third pick for JJ Watt. Anyone who thinks they wouldn't consider this? You don't get the business end of football. Check his age, recent surgeries, and Clowney finally playing up to his potential. He could be the rent a player we need to put our defense over the top. Poor mans Aroldis Chapman if you will, even though that guy blew in the World Series.

Reminds me of an offer Joe Jamail considered once:

"Joe asked if they'd give us that in writing," said Umphrey. "The defense attorney said, 'What if I just read it into the record?' and Joe said, 'No, I need you to put it on paperso you can wad it up and shove it up your ass.' "
Change Detection
AG
Romo at best would be a 4th round pick. He is older, pretty fragile and doesn't have but a a couple of years left at best. No way he goes for a first round pick.
Convincingly
AG
Mid season the jets offered a second round pick for the next three years for romo, I just hope the cowboys do trade him
The Collective
AG
Romo will be interesting. QB is in high demand, and there are going to be some desperate teams. On the flip side, he did nothing to prove that there is any chance he stays on the field for more than 1 passing play next season.
TBomb06
AG
Ags #1 said:

Lol. So browns would trade the number one pick for an old injury prone QB?

That would quite possibly be a literal death sentence for Romo...
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Everyone seems to have concluded that the Cowboys have to have a pass rusher.

Seems to me they need another top notch cover corner.

They need both, but if you have better coverage, you can send more pressure. When the Cowboys sent more people, they got some pressure. Any decent NFL O line is going to contain a 3 man rush more often than not.

JPK89
AG
MylesMiller said:

Trade Romo Prescott and 1st round pick for number one overall pick.
FIFY.

This at least would get their attention.
Mort Rainey
JPK89 said:

MylesMiller said:

Trade Romo Prescott and 1st round pick for number one overall pick.
FIFY.

This at least would get their attention.
That's the only way you'd even have a prayer for this
BBallAggie06
AG
Elite pass rusher #1 need. Makes mediocre corners look a lot better. Can't expect DBs to cover WRs for 7-10 seconds. Gotta get to the QB.

1. Trade Romo to Broncos for 1st round pick (assuming Broncos would be interested)

2. Use that pick, with their own 1st round pick, in a trade to Cleveland for #1 overall - this would give Cleveland 3 1st round picks, highest pick being 12th, so they'd have 12, 20, and 31.

Denver has all the pieces needed for a championship run for the next 2-3 years, with the exception of an elite QB and have that "win now" window. I don't think it's too far fetched for them to give up a later 1st round pick for a QB that would make them INSTANT super bowl contenders
La Bamba
AG
WGAS? Dallas sucks.
Deputy Travis Junior
Quote:

They need both, but if you have better coverage, you can send more pressure. When the Cowboys sent more people, they got some pressure. Any decent NFL O line is going to contain a 3 man rush more often than not.
if you can upgrade either an average corner to an elite one, or an average pass rusher to an elite one, you take the second every damn time.
sportsfreak1975
Dallas can add a single RB to any trade that they make to sweeten the pot a little too.

Darren McFadden, Alfred Morris, Lance Dunbar
SuperAg05
AG
ITT: People with an active internet conection who truly believe Tony Romo (along with some mishmash of trash picks) would net: A 1st round pick, or The #1 Pick in the Draft, or JJ Watt.

2thFixinAg
BBallAggie06 said:

Elite pass rusher #1 need. Makes mediocre corners look a lot better. Can't expect DBs to cover WRs for 7-10 seconds. Gotta get to the QB.

1. Trade Romo to Broncos for 1st round pick (assuming Broncos would be interested)

2. Use that pick, with their own 1st round pick, in a trade to Cleveland for #1 overall - this would give Cleveland 3 1st round picks, highest pick being 12th, so they'd have 12, 20, and 31.

Denver has all the pieces needed for a championship run for the next 2-3 years, with the exception of an elite QB and have that "win now" window. I don't think it's too far fetched for them to give up a later 1st round pick for a QB that would make them INSTANT super bowl contenders

I like it.
Does Elway though?
Escobars army
There is zero chance they get more than a bag of footballs for Tomorrow. He's overpaid, injury prone and Dallas needs to get rid of him. Just quit the pipe dreams people. If they want Garrett it will take two 1's and probably 2 2's plus a couple later round picks to get him.
fightinag
Please don't wish that on Myles......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !
Yell Practice
Interesting -- probably will not happen.
HoustonAg2106
AG
MichaelJ90 said:

Kozmozag said:

Umm check Romo's age and recent surgeries...
Meximan
Champ Bailey said:

I must not get the business end of football, because that sounds horrible.

It's a pipe dream. The Texans will not trade Watt for anything.
Meximan
Fxbrad said:

Mid season the jets offered a second round pick for the next three years for romo, I just hope the cowboys do trade him

If that is true the front office should be slapped with a rotting fish for not accepting before they hung up the phone. That would've been a literal robbery. They couldn't have been more obviously robbing the Jets if they had a black mask and gloves on in that trade.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.