Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bennett getting chippy with Jake Matthews

12,211 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by good nuggets
AggieIce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody else see that? Ag on Ag violence
riverrataggie
AG
Bennett don't like Jake.
p-wonk01
AG
Go Jake!
B-Rabbit
AG
Not a big MB fan.
Aggie
AG
Michael Bennett is a piece of trash
ClassOf17
I hate Bennett now. He's always pouting.
texag86
AG
Bennett is a selfish jerk. At least Matthews and Ifedi are representing well.
phatpat21
Matthews literally did nothing to Bennett
Dude has serious anger issues
Deputy Travis Junior
phatpat21 said:

Matthews hurt Bennett on a cut block a few months ago, and the injury was severe enough to require minor surgery (Bennett missed a few weeks).
phatpat21
Gotcha
Well, today he hasn't done anything
And he still has anger issues
Aggie
AG
phatpat21 said:

It stems from a past incident in which Bennett attacked Matthews integrity on social media saying the " play was dirty"
It wasn't ..Michael Bennett is just a thug
ClassOf17
Deputy Travis Junior said:

phatpat21 said:

Matthews hurt Bennett on a cut block a few months ago, and the injury was severe enough to require minor surgery (Bennett missed a few weeks).

Myles' season was ruined due to a cut block but he acted like a man about it
AG
phatpat21 said:

I wish we had a few defensive players with anger issues.
TexasAggiesWin
S
ClassOf17 said:

phatpat21 said:

He didn't really play for much the majority of the season after that... but whatever makes you feel good
marble rye
AG
His team lost.

Jake's team won.

Move on.
phatpat21
There is aggressive and anger
I want aggressive and still makes smart decisions
Not anger and stupid personal foul penalties
TexasAggiesWin
S
We want guys with attitude on defense, yet the zoo complains about guys with attitude.... #letsride
adk9595
AG
ClassOf17 said:

phatpat21 said:

If you watch the replay of the incomplete pass to Keon Hatcher (back shoulder in the front corner of the end zone), you can see that Claude George and Daylon Mack took care of Dan Skipper for him. 5:56 mark of the 3rd quarter.
BanderaAg956
adk9595 said:

ClassOf17 said:

phatpat21 said:

If you watch the replay of the incomplete pass to Keon Hatcher (back shoulder in the front corner of the end zone), you can see that Claude George and Daylon Mack took care of Dan Skipper for him. 5:56 mark of the 3rd quarter.

They didn't put him out for the season ....
Texas 1836
AG
AggieIce said:

Anybody else see that? Ag on Ag violence
Ag on Ag ..

Jake - Ag ... check

MB - ?

Only one Ag in that fight
45-70Ag
AG
After watching Bennett try to gouge an eye today, He's deserving of a serious injury.
MrPlow2010
AG
He got mad at a reporter in the locker room when asked about Seattle's pass rush and asked the reporter what adversity he had ever been through in life. The reporter apparently had overcome Hodgkin's lymphoma. Bennett is trash.
Iowaggie
AG
Irish_Man said:

After watching Bennett try to gouge an eye today, He's deserving of a serious injury.

And Richard Sherman probably saved Bennett some more fine money.

After first calmly assessing the game and calling Ryan the "obvious MVP of the NFL this year," Bennett cut off a question in mid-sentence that suggested the Seahawks' linemen weren't getting as much pressure on Ryan as they typically do.

"We got a lot of pressure," Bennett said. "He threw the ball really fast and there was a bunch of stuff going on and obviously you don't know football.

"There's some (expletive) that happened. He threw the ball pretty fast. He did his thing, we rushed as good as we could."

That's when Bennett began to blow up, building to a full yell.

"Don't point (at us) and say we didn't do what we needed to do, OK? Don't do that, OK? Get out of my face now. Don't tell me I didn't do my job, mother------. Get the (expletive) out of my face. Like I said, get out of my face.

"Don't play with me! I just put my heart on the (expletive) field! Don't play with me. Get the ---- out of my face! Try me again and see what happens. I ain't one of these mother------ . Don't tell me what I didn't do, mother------.

"We lost the game! That's the NFL, you non-playing mother------! What you do with your life? What you do with your lifetime mother------? What injury you play through? What adversity you went through?"

Though the reporter never responded or attempted to escalate the situation, Bennett's voice grew louder and louder, drawing the attention of Sherman, who broke up his own interviews to calm Bennett down.

45-70Ag
AG
After seeing that, I'm ok with guys going for his legs when he isn't looking
Bob Harris
This is clearly a failure on Alief Taylor's part...
La Bamba
AG
Bennett is a disgrace. I hope he never says Texas A&M again on television.
SilverTongueDevil
Wow some really harsh opinion of Bennett on here.

You have to be nasty to play interior Dline in the NFL to the level that MB does. He has gone from u drafted free agent to super bowl champ, 2 time pro bowler and just resigned for 10 mil per season.

Matthews has mostly been a bust (although not to the level of Joeckel) when you consider where he was drafted.

Bottom line is MB is getting it done for the best defense in the NFL. I'm not saying he was right yeasterday. He's learned from martellus that running your mouth = publicity which is rarely a bad thing.
Sean Mercer
SilverTongueDevil said:

Wow some really harsh opinion of Bennett on here.

You have to be nasty to play interior Dline in the NFL to the level that MB does. He has gone from u drafted free agent to super bowl champ, 2 time pro bowler and just resigned for 10 mil per season.

Matthews has mostly been a bust (although not to the level of Joeckel) when you consider where he was drafted.

Bottom line is MB is getting it done for the best defense in the NFL. I'm not saying he was right yeasterday. He's learned from martellus that running your mouth = publicity which is rarely a bad thing.
There is no comparison between Marty B and Michael. Marty runs his mouth and gives good quotes and the press love him. Michael is a punk, thug and a loser. You want tough, nasty players in the line. And Michael has proven himself to be one of the best. But his anger leads to stupid plays and penalties.
And what he did to the Atlanta player cannot be apologized away.

He sucks and should be suspended for several games next season.
Lungblood
He's a thug with an anger Prob. Why you mad bro?
ashley
Bob Harris said:

This is clearly a failure on Alief Taylor's part...

That's an incredibly nieve statement, to put it mildly. His parents parents are responsible for Michaels character. Taylor High School is no more responsible for his character than Texas A & M University.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Pam Poovey said:

His team lost.

Jake's team won.

Move on.
Naw, let's see if the Falcons get to the Super Bowl Then we can demand entertainers to boycott the Super Bowl halftime.

Have all of the news networks say the Falcons got help from the Russians and they are not the legitimate champions.

Isn't that the way it works?
Deputy Travis Junior
Jake hasn't been a bust. He had a rough rookie season while playing on a bum ankle, but had a great sophomore season. Haven't read anything about him this year, but if it was more of his second year play, then he's doing fine
Signel
AG
Both Bennett brothers are narcissistic a holes... That video where they complained eariler this year was just terrible. Marty complains all the time. The Bears got rid of him and so did the cowboys. His complains about Whitten not being a friend earlier this season??? Really? THIS IS PRO FOOTBALL. STFU and do your job.
C Loves L
Cut blocks are cheap and all the players know that. The risk of injuring someone goes up when it's done

He cut Bennett and got him injured enough for a surgery. I don't feel sorry for Matthews.

I don't dislike either of them too
C Loves L
ClassOf17 said:

phatpat21 said:

And everyone on texags wanted Skipper dead for what he did. But because Mathews did it... It's OK

Texags will texags
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.