Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

This Offseason

4,655 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by HoustonAg2106
aggieaggieaggieaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's now or never.

If Johnny is going to make an NFL comeback, it has to be NOW! Time is slowly slipping away from him. He's 24, hope is hope is beginning to run out.
debased
C Loves L
Riveting
Bone Chilling
Couldn't stop reading

NY Times gives two thumbs up
Yell Practice
Hate to say He is Finished. But it Is looking that way more and more each day unfortunately.
rbcs_2
AG
Isn't it obvious to all that he's not interested in pursuing a career in the NFL?
Yell Practice
Yes, very obvious to most.
B-Rabbit
AG
Love Johnny, but he's done.
Post removed:
by user
InMyOpinion
The dude is selling selfies - he won't be in the NFL ever.
Yell Practice
Sad --- He had so much ability.
Mort Rainey
He doesn't want to play in the NFL anymore. How is that not clear to everyone at this point?
hangman
The sad part is he probably would be a pretty good NFL quarterback if he hadn't played for the terrible Cleveland Browns.
maxnow21
GeorgePlimpton said:

He doesn't want to play in the NFL anymore. How is that not clear to everyone at this point?

TexAgs.
HoustonAg2106
AG
hangman said:

The sad part is he probably would be a pretty good NFL quarterback if he hadn't played for the terrible Cleveland Browns.
He has a problem, he's an addict...this would have happened no matter what team he played for.
SARATOGA
if JFF cared at all about playing in the NFL he would have sobered up and played in Arena league for a year and then he would've gotten picked up by a desperate NFL team (read Texans QB list)

But it is abundantly clear that JFF doesn't care AT ALL about playing the the NFL. Football was always just a hobby for him.
Meximan
He could still make a handsome living as a TV personality of some sort. Probably on reality shows where he can turn his addictions into a money maker. Money he can then throw away on his addictions. It's win-win!
Yell Practice
Don't know if Johnny can get it all together enough now for a TV personality.
aggieaggieaggieaggie
I think he should justgo all in and start dating a Kardashian or Jenner sister. I would watch every episode.
Mort Rainey
hangman said:

Blaming the Browns is something out of 2015. By this point it should be very clear that he has some problems, and the idea that he would've been successful elsewhere is grasping at straws.

Frankly, I'm not sure why people on this board give a **** about whether he plays football again. We should be hoping only for him to get his life right and get away from these issues he's had the last several years. He's battling real demons and wistfully talking about whether he can play football again seems pretty trivial at this point. This is much bigger than playing a sport anymore.
TexanJeff
AG
He should have played in CFL to get some
Highlights and attention.

Oh well,
At least there is YouTube!
zephyr88
AG
Dude has been done for over a year.

TexAgs just won't quit.
Synopsis
rbcs_2 said:

Isn't it obvious to all that he's not interested in pursuing a career in the NFL?
If he had wanted an NFL career, he could have. IMO, just as you said, he's not really interested in pursuing an NFL career. He has the tools and physical ability, but other things are his priority for the time being. I'm sure having wealthy parents figures heavily into the equation. Sad, at least for me, because I would have liked to see him play in the NFL.
aggiehawg
AG
Yell Practice said:

Don't know if Johnny can get it all together enough now for a TV personality.
If Ozzy Osbourne and Anna Nicole Smith could land reality TV shows, Johnny could.
LtZogg
BRabbit8 said:

Love Johnny, but he's done.

I used to love Johnny, but not anymore. He's a pathetic embarrassment.
Lateralus Ag
AG
GeorgePlimpton said:

hangman said:

Blaming the Browns is something out of 2015. By this point it should be very clear that he has some problems, and the idea that he would've been successful elsewhere is grasping at straws.

Frankly, I'm not sure why people on this board give a **** about whether he plays football again. We should be hoping only for him to get his life right and get away from these issues he's had the last several years. He's battling real demons and wistfully talking about whether he can play football again seems pretty trivial at this point. This is much bigger than playing a sport anymore.

What is "wrong" with his life? Not your opinion or some moral standard you have set for yourself (and obviously set for others) but what about Johnny's life is bad?

What issues has he had? Not issues that you have with the way he lives, but real issues? He has one domestic altercation with a BSC woman. And the jury is still out (based on the limited information we have) about which one of them instigated the incident.

He isn't going around hurting people that you know of. He isn't embezzeling millions of dollars from investors. He isn't creating ponzi schemes like Madoff or lying to the SEC, the American people, or his investors like Arthur Andersen or Enron.

He just decided he didn't want to play a game you think is amazing. He drinks and does drugs and that really doesn't hurt anyone. It is his life to live and he doesn't need you telling him that he has "issues" to solve or that he is living his life "wrong".

I wouldn't live my life the way he does. And I would have loved to have his talent and ability. But what I want for my life has absolutely no bearing on what he wants for his life.

No, it is a too common attitude, especially with the advent of the internet, to project your values and morals on others in a display of normative hubris.

It is the height of arrogance to base the value of others on your own character or moral standard.

Skillet Shot
Obvious troll. Aggie x4 username. 100 posts in 6 years. Most likely some sorry sip laughing to himself in his mom's boyfriend's basement
LtZogg
Lateralus Ag said:

GeorgePlimpton said:

hangman said:

What is "wrong" with his life? Not your opinion or some moral standard you have set for yourself (and obviously set for others) but what about Johnny's life is bad?

What issues has he had? Not issues that you have with the way he lives, but real issues? He has one domestic altercation with a BSC woman. And the jury is still out (based on the limited information we have) about which one of them instigated the incident.

He isn't going around hurting people that you know of. He isn't embezzeling millions of dollars from investors. He isn't creating ponzi schemes like Madoff or lying to the SEC, the American people, or his investors like Arthur Andersen or Enron.

He just decided he didn't want to play a game you think is amazing. He drinks and does drugs and that really doesn't hurt anyone. It is his life to live and he doesn't need you telling him that he has "issues" to solve or that he is living his life "wrong".

I wouldn't live my life the way he does. And I would have loved to have his talent and ability. But what I want for my life has absolutely no bearing on what he wants for his life.

No, it is a too common attitude, especially with the advent of the internet, to project your values and morals on others in a display of normative hubris.

It is the height of arrogance to base the value of others on your own character or moral standard.

I respectfully disagree with the libertarian view that all lifestyles are are equally valid and no one can judge whether they are admirable or not. Moral relativism is why our society is crumbling from within. I propose that we can tell the difference between a life well lived and a life wasted on self indulgence and excess.

As far as what is "wrong" with his life: If you don't consider striking a woman for any reason (regardless who instigated it) or the use off illegal drugs "wrong," how about taking millions of dollars from your employer and giving them little to nothing in return for their money? Is there anything wrong with that?
Lateralus Ag
AG
LtZogg said:

Lateralus Ag said:

GeorgePlimpton said:

hangman said:

I respectfully disagree with the libertarian view that all lifestyles are are equally valid and no one can judge whether they are admirable or not. Moral relativism is why our society is crumbling from within. I propose that we can tell the difference between a life well lived and a life wasted on self indulgence and excess.

As far as what is "wrong" with his life: If you don't consider striking a woman for any reason (regardless who instigated it) or the use off illegal drugs "wrong," how about taking millions of dollars from your employer and giving them little to nothing in return for their money? Is there anything wrong with that?

You not only failed to understand what "libertarian" means, you failed to read my post.

I will not bandy words with an idiot. Try again.
LtZogg
So anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot? Funny how you didn't address any of my objections. You're one heck of a debater!
Lateralus Ag
AG
LtZogg said:

So anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot? Funny how you didn't address any of my objections. You're one heck of a debater!

Again, you failed to comprehend simple English. Try again and we can have a conversation. I have no need to bandy words with simpletons.
Lateralus Ag
AG
LtZogg said:

But I am a firm believer that education is important and that learning how to think leads to a well-lived life, I will do my best to help you figure out how you failed.

See the above bolded words and phrases. That is all the time I have to spend with you today. If you have anything valid or constructive to discuss about what I said, let me know. I would love to share thoughtful ideas with you.

Peace.
Ian Neff
AG
I have a theory that I would like an opinion on. I would like to know the opinion of literally every poster of the Xoo.

I firmly believe that Johnny didn't have the talent to make it in the NFL. And he knew it. So instead of trying to be a role player, great backup utility QB, he chose - CONSCIOUSLY - to give up and take the path of depravity in an effort to be a story of lost opportunity instead of just being not good enough.

Do you agree?
LtZogg
Lateralus Ag said:

LtZogg said:

But I am a firm believer that education is important and that learning how to think leads to a well-lived life, I will do my best to help you figure out how you failed.

See the above bolded words and phrases. That is all the time I have to spend with you today. If you have anything valid or constructive to discuss about what I said, let me know. I would love to share thoughtful ideas with you.

Peace.
Holy cow! Who are you, some kind intergalactic comic book villain? Who talks like that?

Anyway, thanks for bolding portions of my argument, it really helps me understand the error of my position (and it keeps you from having to actually address my objections- plus!). I hope you will forgive me for daring to disagree with you. Please don't suddenly appear before me and atomize me with your super villain stare.
rbcs_2
AG
Ian Neff said:

I have a theory that I would like an opinion on. I would like to know the opinion of literally every poster of the Xoo.

I firmly believe that Johnny didn't have the talent to make it in the NFL. And he knew it. So instead of trying to be a role player, great backup utility QB, he chose - CONSCIOUSLY - to give up and take the path of depravity in an effort to be a story of lost opportunity instead of just being not good enough.

Do you agree?

I think you are on the right track. I think Johnny believes he has the talent, but the game just lost its appeal to him at the NFL level. I just don't think the demands of being a QB in the NFL meshed with him or his approach.
maxnow21
Ian Neff said:

Do you agree?
Dumbest one yet
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.