Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Anthony Hines is going to eradicate BAS

13,115 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAGBQ76
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Aggielandma12 said:

Quote:

"It's coming. That's all I have to say. The good days are coming. We're about to go in, and we're going to get this thing right and we're going to win."

This quote reminds me of that kid who decommitted from A&M to go to Boise State to be the "defensive Johnny Football" or some such nonsense, and then nobody ever heard from him again.

Remember Kevin Flood?
Farmer84
vander54 said:

TexasAggie_97 said:

vander54 said:

Aggielandma12 said:

Quote:

"It's coming. That's all I have to say. The good days are coming. We're about to go in, and we're going to get this thing right and we're going to win."

I love how everyone is referring to one guy when his quote clearly says we. Last I checked we have some great LBs coming in and a safety or two. Not to mention a great QB and a couple stud WR.
I hope you are right but we have heard this every year for years. It just seems like it's always rinse and repeat. Until the coaching gets a lot better no amount of studs will make a difference.

When was the last time we had a group of LBs like the ones we have in this class?
Recent 4 star LB recruits per numbers site:

2017 Hines and Marchiol
2016 none
2015 Alaka and Josh Walker
2014 Mastro, Brett Wade, and Tommy Sanders (JC)

Hopefully the 2017 guys are a good eval and get developed.
maxnow21
Farmer84 said:

vander54 said:

TexasAggie_97 said:

vander54 said:

Aggielandma12 said:

Quote:

I love how everyone is referring to one guy when his quote clearly says we. Last I checked we have some great LBs coming in and a safety or two. Not to mention a great QB and a couple stud WR.
I hope you are right but we have heard this every year for years. It just seems like it's always rinse and repeat. Until the coaching gets a lot better no amount of studs will make a difference.

When was the last time we had a group of LBs like the ones we have in this class?
Recent 4 star LB recruits per numbers site:

2017 Hines and Marchiol
2015 Alaka and Josh Walker
2014 Mastro, Brett Wade, and Tommy Sanders (JC)

Hopefully the 2017 guys are a good eval and get developed.

3 years track record of average to bad evals & development on 4 star recruits but "hopefully" this year. Lol
2thFixinAg
SeaAg96 said:

cevans_40 said:

The butthurt is strong in here.

It isn't butthurt, it is being realistic. Over the past 15 years we have had high caliber playmakers on defense as stated above. But, the wc is just as dead today as it when it died on 77-0. One player isn't going to revive it when surrounded by ineptitude.
at some point gotta start blaming the coaches. it's the job to develop the kids they recruit. And we've recruited good enough to be better than we are.
TXAGBQ76
AG
NOTHING will ever eliminate BAS. There will always be those who see the glass is half empty- that is how they live their lives.

Someone will beat a team we played by more points than we do and people will swear that team is heads and tails better than us.

Some school sign a player we don't and people will say our coaches can't recruit, we are fading in the race, etc.

The list is endless.

I am sure glad I'm not married to or the child of some of these BAS folks- based on how their lives are so fragile with college sports. I'd be worried the first time I did not make straight As, booted the ground ball, didn't score, burned the beans- whatever, they woukd want to get rid of me- because keeping me would be a sign of accepting mediocrity!
FrontPorchAg
Isn't one of the stages of BAS posting quotes and hope from players who haven't seen the field yet?
KansasCity Ag
The posters that continue to say that it's the talent that is the issue and not Chavis are oblivious to how any organization works. In the business world it is the responsibility of the manager to coach up the personnel and be willing to make adjustments to make the unit better. Chavis did a BRUTAL job of adjusting throughout the entire year. I hope the incoming LB class can change that because what he put on the field last year was embarrassing
TXAGBQ76
AG
I agree; I hear the "Chavis did not forget how to coach" argument all of the time. I agree he has not forgotten how to coach- and I love his pre-game motivational speeches, he has obviously failed to remember how to make adjustments before and during the game to adjust to his players and what the other team is showing him. could he fix this- sure; will he...
Lateralus Ag
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

NOTHING will ever eliminate BAS. There will always be those who see the glass is half empty- that is how they live their lives.

Someone will beat a team we played by more points than we do and people will swear that team is heads and tails better than us.

Some school sign a player we don't and people will say our coaches can't recruit, we are fading in the race, etc.

The list is endless.

I am sure glad I'm not married to or the child of some of these BAS folks- based on how their lives are so fragile with college sports. I'd be worried the first time I did not make straight As, booted the ground ball, didn't score, burned the beans- whatever, they woukd want to get rid of me- because keeping me would be a sign of accepting mediocrity!

The glass being half full or empty is irrelevant. Looking at the glass and acfepting anything other than the goal you set is failure

You folks that don't understand that are the problem

Please know, I know that nothing i say will have any bearing on your outlook.
Froppe
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

The list is endless.

Goo Hoo, TXAGBQ76!,
"Burned the beans"? Is that anything like "cut the cheese"?

You brought your A Game on that one!
TXAGBQ76
AG
Never said I am accepting anything; I realize nothing I say will affect your reading comprehension though.

My comment was based on us winning a football game by 3-4 touchdowns and the guy two rows behind me *****ing about the other team beating us in time of possession. Or the guy who is complaining that we are scoring too many passing tds- even though we are winning the games. I could go on...
HUDAT361
Ant Hines is what McCullough/ Malik Jeffy will never be. Kid is not only an athlete but someone who truly understands the game.
maxnow21
Deuce Gang said:

The posters that continue to say that it's the talent that is the issue and not Chavis are oblivious to how any organization works. In the business world it is the responsibility of the manager to coach up the personnel and be willing to make adjustments to make the unit better. Chavis did a BRUTAL job of adjusting throughout the entire year. I hope the incoming LB class can change that because what he put on the field last year was embarrassing

And if they don't produce they get fired.
Lateralus Ag
AG
HUDAT361 said:

Ant Hines is what McCullough/ Malik Jeffy will never be. Kid is not only an athlete but someone who truly understands the game.

How can you know that? Kid is in high school. Are you saying he understands the game better than most high school kids or understands the game completely and has nothing left to learn?

What does your post even mean?
Lateralus Ag
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Never said I am accepting anything; I realize nothing I say will affect your reading comprehension though.

My comment was based on us winning a football game by 3-4 touchdowns and the guy two rows behind me *****ing about the other team beating us in time of possession. Or the guy who is complaining that we are scoring too many passing tds- even though we are winning the games. I could go on...

Well, neither of those things has happened recently, soooo....
Goose83
AG
saw em off said:

Yippie! Wake me when we win a championship.
Better check first with the cryogenics lab and make sure that have a spare cryotank available.
BigRed12
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

Didn't the AgSwag class say the exact same thing?
i think there are like only 10 players left from that class.
KansasCity Ag
maxnow21 said:

Deuce Gang said:

And if they don't produce they get fired.
^Bingo
DallasAggie97
TXAGBQ76
AG
Howdy you Froppe!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.