Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Texas A&M Football welcomes 2017 early enrollees to campus

January 10, 2017

Seven members of the 2017 Texas A&M recruiting class will arrive in College Station today for early enrollment. The players and their families are expected to begin moving in this afternoon, with most rolling in around 1 o'clock.

Three members of TexAgs' top 10 players in Texas for 2017 – Anthony Hines (#3 overall), Kellen Mond (#7) and Jhamon Ausbon (#8) – are among the newcomers. As a whole, this group of players represents a large portion of the most highly-rated prospects in the class.

Early enrollees:

Spring semester classes at Texas A&M begin a week from today.
Discussion from...

Texas A&M Football welcomes 2017 early enrollees to campus

33,797 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Escobars army
Womackster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And so it begins.
bloodhound
AG
LINEBACKERS!!!
EagleAg
AG
Linebackers and Wide Receivers!!! Good haul!
MCAg09
technoviking
AG
Welcome and gig em!
Deerhunter04
AG
Early enrollees may be better than some entire classes we've had and is better than sips and gaylors entire class. Sumlin has his faults, but he has recruited well this year.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SEC Champs
AG
Lock these studs in.
wood2007
Mr. Black
bloodhound said:

LINEBACKERS!!!
Yes! Thank God!
Bottlehead90
AG
Welcome
ScottishFire
aggiediehard10
AG
Excuse me, but what's a linebacker?
CDiem05
AG
That's a pretty amazing group of players
gig_em02
Exactly what we need!
aggieland09
AG
Gig'Em
J Peterman
AG
Would Sheffield still be able to enroll early if he picks the good guys?
Mike Elko
AG
He committed to OSU a few hours ago.
maxnow21
Hocker not an EE anymore? Can't say I'm upset if not.
Shooz in Katy
AG
Christian Kirk was an early enrollee. I'm optimistic with this bunch too.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Solid group and at need positions.
Tamu_mgm
AG
maxnow21 said:

This surprised me too, thought he was an EE.
LandyOH
AG
That is a group of "ballers" that just walked on campus today. Just show them where to sleep, eat, and lift weights. September is too far away.
TAMU74
AG
Good luck and enjoy your college years.
Trust me...they will go by fast.
Gig 'em
maxnow21
Tamu_mgm said:

maxnow21 said:

This surprised me too, thought he was an EE.
No Blumrick either. Looks like he's going to greyshirt.
krush42
AG
He committed to Ohio State yesterday.
Ag_EE
Lateralus Ag
AG
Not a single OL or DL on the early enrollee list. Two LB that won't contribute until 2018 or later.

How can you say these kids are collectively better than any class of another team? Because of star rankings?

Hahahahahahahahaha.

So it begins is right. Beginning of the end...
Lateralus Ag
AG
LandyOH said:

That is a group of "ballers" that just walked on campus today. Just show them where to sleep, eat, and lift weights. September is too far away.

November slide seems inevitably close, though.
Fish Destin
Conner Blumrick? I'm not seeing that.
John Cocktolstoy
Lateralus Ag said:

Not a single OL or DL on the early enrollee list. Two LB that won't contribute until 2018 or later.

How can you say these kids are collectively better than any class of another team? Because of star rankings?

Hahahahahahahahaha.

I think you are reading incorrectly. Nowhere does it say this is the best class of any team.
It says "As a whole, this group of players represents a large portion of the most highly-rated prospects in the class"
That means OUR class.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
Tamu_mgm
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Good thing is DL will be arguably our most experienced unit next year and OL has the starters all but locked up. Yes would be awesome to get depth along the trenches as early as possible, but not absolutely necessary like it's been in previous years.

- DT - Keke (junior), Mack (junior), Zaycoven (senior), TD Moton (RS Sophomore I think?), Justin Maduibuike (DT or DE, not sure yet - RS-Freshman)
- DE - J. Johnson (senior), Q. Cunningham (senior), Justin Maduibuike (DE or DT - RS-Freshman), Michael Clemons (JUCO), Tyree Johnson (freshman), - could have used an EE here at defensive end to help depth for sure.

- OL - K. Martin (RS-Junior), C. Prater (Sophomore), E. McCoy (RS-Sophomore), C. Lanfear (junior), K. Diesch (RS-Freshman)

What we DO need help in immediately is LBs and WRs.......which is what we got here. Mond the QB coming in early I think is a huge bonus, because it makes the QB competition all the more competitive.
Lateralus Ag
AG
KnightAg said:

I think you are reading incorrectly. Nowhere does it say this is the best class of any team.
It says "As a whole, this group of players represents a large portion of the most highly-rated prospects in the class"
That means OUR class.

This was what I was referring to:

Quote:

Early enrollees may be better than some entire classes we've had and is better than sips and gaylors entire class. Sumlin has his faults, but he has recruited well this year

I am not 100% sure but I think he said that these early enrollees are better than "sips and gaylors entire class".

John Cocktolstoy
Lateralus Ag said:

KnightAg said:

That means OUR class.

This was what I was referring to:

Quote:

Early enrollees may be better than some entire classes we've had and is better than sips and gaylors entire class. Sumlin has his faults, but he has recruited well this year

I am not 100% sure but I think he said that these early enrollees are better than "sips and gaylors entire class".

As far as rankings go he may be right.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
Escobars army
I'd be suprised if the entire group does not play significant roles this year. Great to see guys ready/willing to put in the early work to get on the field as fish.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.