Story Poster
Photo by Lindsay Caudle, TexAgs
Texas A&M Football

Texas A&M WR Ricky Seals-Jones declares for the NFL Draft

December 29, 2016

After spending four seasons in Aggieland, redshirt junior Ricky Seals-Jones has announced his decision to turn pro and declare for the 2017 NFL Draft.

RSJ came to Texas A&M as a 5-star recruit out of Sealy, TX, switching from quarterback to wide receiver. After receiving a medical redshirt his freshman year, he averaged 40 receptions, 453 yards and three touchdowns in his Aggie career, with the 2015 season being his most productive.

Both Armani Watts and Donovan Wilson have decided to return for their senior seasons, making Seals-Jones the only A&M underclassman to declare for the NFL Draft. Of course, most expect that to change once Myles Garrett makes his decision.
Discussion from...

Texas A&M WR Ricky Seals-Jones declares for the NFL Draft

27,594 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BanderaAg956
millertime40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
MexiaAg86
AG
Under achiever!! Good luck!!
Tom Hagen
AG
Hopefully, he can find some hands before the combine.
Slyfox07
AG
Mistake
Tamu_mgm
AG
How about let's be happy for the fellow Aggie? Yea he didn't live up to the hype, but he's got great raw talent and potential, so he wants to bet on his abilities and potential in the NFL after being here 4 years. He will be missed, but he won't leave a gaping hole we will have to cover up like Reynolds will. 1 extra year here wouldn't benefit him a whole lot, he's getting drafted either way.
Shooz in Katy
AG
I sincerely hope he excels in the NFL. I really like him. However my gut tells me he'll be sharing an apartment with Tre Williams and spend the next 10 years tryin a get a break n get on that NFL roster.
sharpdressedman
He might as well try to be find successl somewhere else. Good luck to him.
crunchyo
Texas Fightin' Aggie
pauls633
Ricky said very gracious things about A&M and we should be gracious and thankful to him. Me and my Family wish him great success in life and the NFL.
AggieFan
E
AG
Good luck Ricky!
ShotOver
AG
Much success, Ricky!
Charlie 31
AG
I really hope RSJ returns for his senior year to Aggieland. He could really improve his draft stock by improving his play on the field before attempting to head to the NFL. Either way, I wish him well in all his academic and professional endeavors. Gig 'em!
MadisonvilleAg
AG
Wish him the best. Always a good guy.
Maroon Flash
AG
RSJ has conducted himself with nothing but class. Sorry to see him go, but thanks to him and Gig'em!
micahb2002
AG
Good luck and thanks for being an Aggie!
TMartin
Going to be interesting when the pros tell Ricky "you're not a wide receiver."
black_hat_ag
LOL @ Ricky. "it's all about us". Entitled brats.
Scorebook
AG
Wish you luck, buddy. Hope you can reach your potential in the show.
CapAg07
AG
We have some really crap fans showing up right now.

Best of luck RSJ!
BowhunterAg83
AG
I hope he can find a roster and make some money. He has a lot of work to do!
rhernand
AG
I am very happy for him. Not sure why some *******s take it so personal. Do you really expect him to stay here with this underachieving offense and coaching. It's time our fans feel happy for our players moving on. Instead of calling these guys underachievers perhaps we need to think that our coaches under utilized these guys with their stupid play calling and their bad decision making.
DeepEastTxAg
AG
Good to see that Aggie Family support.

Gig 'Em, RSJ.
rhernand
AG
Somehow we need to stop drinking the koolaid and start asking our HC what are his short term goals are with this football program. The recruiting has been great, now we need someone that can lead these kids and execute a plan pre, mid and post season. Our team had some great wins this year, but the fire all of the sudde was gone. Not sure where that team went but it was not there for the last 5 games. Depth, Injuires, had a part on this, but obviously lack of leadership from the top was a factor.

Let's not wait like we waited for Frachione when he destroyed our football program in a a very short time. I love what Sumlin has done but there is not accountability, perhaps our AD and President will start demanding that from him.
Olsen
AG
I wish RSJ nothing but success for his future!
TexState86
rhernand said:

I am very happy for him. Not sure why some *******s take it so personal. Do you really expect him to stay here with this underachieving offense and coaching. It's time our fans feel happy for our players moving on. Instead of calling these guys underachievers perhaps we need to think that our coaches under utilized these guys with their stupid play calling and their bad decision making.
Absolutely!!!! He was tearing it up in the Texas Bowl and then he was vacated. He's a great blocker and is not afraid to go through the middle! Totally under utilized!
Claud
TexState86 said:

rhernand said:

Absolutely!!!! He was tearing it up in the Texas Bowl and then he was vacated. He's a great blocker and is not afraid to go through the middle! Totally under utilized!
I was wondering what happened to RSJ in that game. I'm still too angry to watch the dvr. But why wasn't RSJ used more later in the game?

FJB
AG
Good luck RSJ
Yell Practice
Best of Luck in the draft RSJ.
130Ag82
AG
Best of luck RSJ!!!
BanderaAg956
Good luck RSJ, if you are willing to work hard and actually play for a coach that develops talent, you will do well!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.