Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Marqez Bimage?

12,642 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Law
Doc Daneeka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why no offer? He is just down the road in Brenham and the guy is an absolute beast.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4166382/marqez-bimage
AggsRule
Because he hits to hard for our defense, sumlin or prefers linebackers who are like bullfighters and play ol defense. Anyway he is a uh commit and we would never beat them out for him
cevans_40
AG
Tape looks good to me. A bunch of the highlights are against Walker Little.
gA_CMAB_FA
He certainly is an SEC-sized LB already with athleticism and he's right down the highway. Lots to consider when evaluating a recruit - grades, character, injury history, accessibility (some coaches may not welcome certain schools due to past disagreements), love of the sport, family background, "handlers", past relationships, etc.

Sometimes recruiters may believe he's maxed out in high school and reached his ceiling. This happens often with workout warriors (mostly kids from richer areas) who overacheive in high school. Good recruiters can see this in body type, fluidity, flexibility, foot speed, attitude, football smarts, etc.

Beleive it or not, great recruiters even find out the diet of recruits. Athletes from poorer families tend to not eat as healthy or as much but can really fill out at a training table in college. The great recruiter envisions how some underpriviledged players will look in 2 years, not now necessarily right now.

Not saying this is Bimage's case, but something to think bout when watching the UIL playoffs the next few weeks.
Blue Bell Ag
AG
We are his top choice. But that is fading due to our apparent lack of interest. He is visiting Tceh this weekend.
phdag
His offer list is pretty skimpy. Grade issues?
Ags4DaWin
Looking at the film, he looks a little stiff and plays a little too straight up, makes it hard to get low, get leverage, and push through a good lineman. The lack of getting low could be related to the flexibility issue.

Very explosive when he closes in and good movement off the snap. If I was his coach I would recommend he take some ballet classes to improve flexibility. There is something about the way he runs that puts me off. There is a stiffness to it, that goes back to flexibility concerns. Looks like he has good instincts for the football though and takes good pursuit angles and doesn't give up on plays. Also looks like he can change directions quickly when needed.
TyHolden
AG
gA_CMAB_FA said:

He certainly is an SEC-sized LB already with athleticism and he's right down the highway. Lots to consider when evaluating a recruit - grades, character, injury history, accessibility (some coaches may not welcome certain schools due to past disagreements), love of the sport, family background, "handlers", past relationships, etc.

Sometimes recruiters may believe he's maxed out in high school and reached his ceiling. This happens often with workout warriors (mostly kids from richer areas) who overacheive in high school. Good recruiters can see this in body type, fluidity, flexibility, foot speed, attitude, football smarts, etc.

Beleive it or not, great recruiters even find out the diet of recruits. Athletes from poorer families tend to not eat as healthy or as much but can really fill out at a training table in college. The great recruiter envisions how some underpriviledged players will look in 2 years, not now necessarily right now.

Not saying this is Bimage's case, but something to think bout when watching the UIL playoffs the next few weeks.
gA_CMAB_FA
Ags4DaWin said:

Looking at the film, he looks a little stiff and plays a little too straight up, makes it hard to get low, get leverage, and push through a good lineman. The lack of getting low could be related to the flexibility issue.

Very explosive when he closes in and good movement off the snap. If I was his coach I would recommend he take some ballet classes to improve flexibility. There is something about the way he runs that puts me off. There is a stiffness to it, that goes back to flexibility concerns. Looks like he has good instincts for the football though and takes good pursuit angles and doesn't give up on plays. Also looks like he can change directions quickly when needed.
Very good observations. Flexibility does seem to be an issue for him and that very well could be the reason he's not considered a top prospect. Obviously he can get away with playing a bit stiff in high school, but can get easily exposed at the SEC-level.
cevans_40
AG
Just out of curiosity, what do you see that causes you to doubt his flexibility? Not doubting your claim, just wonderimg.what you see.
TXM Pride
cevans_40 said:

Just out of curiosity, what do you see that causes you to doubt his flexibility? Not doubting your claim, just wonderimg.what you see.

My guess would be in the way he comes off the ball and attacks the offensive lineman. If you've ever watched the way Myles Garrett or Von Miller bend their bodies when coming off the edge you'll see the difference. They get to like 45 almost and against lineman that are bigger, stronger and faster it helps to create an advantage.

With that being said, the kid looks like a heck of a football player. Not sure what his measurables are but looks plenty big and fast enough. He has a nose for the football and hits hard.
Doc Daneeka
I would stand him up. I would use him as a sam or mike not an edge rusher. Seems quick enough
SpiDer 04
AG
Lots of scrimmage tape on a highlight......SEC caliber players don't need scrimmage tape on a highlight reel.

If you are good enough you don't need things like this. If you watch or know anything about these schools he is playing, you also see alot of highlights vs second string guys. Several against Magnolia's second string line and QB. Plus alot of highlights in games early in the season, and then a few in the playoffs. Not much in the middle, grind, of the season. This should also tell you something real big right there.
cevans_40
AG
Recently picked up a Baylor and tu offer
FishingAggie
He doesn't get off a block all that well, but he plays offense too lol.

Kid is just a player. Catches td's , runs for td's, tackles.

Reminds me of Dat. Too small, too slow. Tons of reasons he couldn't okay d1 ball. This kid just gets it done.

Think you tell him where you herd him and he'd do well. He's just a ball player.
allMondjoy
Hard committed 12/14 to cougar high according to 247.
FishingAggie
Knight_Train said:

I trust Chavis. So it's probably going to be ok lol
daryl gersch
AG
Maybe MG did in high school, but Von didn't play like he is now in the nfl. Both had to have correct college coaching to get were they are at. To compare him with MG or Von is a little premature.
Doc Daneeka
committed to texas today
BrotherChad
AG
FishingAggie said:

Knight_Train said:

I trust Chavis. So it's probably going to be ok lol
Really? After finishing 90th in Total Defense?

Chavis is nothing special. This entire regime is done. I hope I'm proven wrong too.
2thFixinAg
90th ranked defense in a conference with relatively low scoring offenses.
The worst and most inconsistent position on our defense is Linebacker. This has been the case for 3 years straight.

who is the position coach for LB?
who is in charge of a 90th ranked defense?

only thing Chavis has done was improve the first year here. when it was so horrible only way to go was up. And now it's right back to where it was. in the crapper.

FishingAggie
I think he ended up at tu.
Bone6
I'm all for over signing along the defensive front 7 and offensive line.
got1forya
Just on the news, he is a horn.
cevans_40
AG
I am gonna call this one a miss. I am sure our staff knows better than me, but I have a feeling this guy is gonna be good.
fightinag
How dare us argue with Sumlin's decisions.......
Just look at his record against powder puff teams and ignore that silly SEC record !
The man is a High School coaching legend in the making !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Ragoo
AG
2thFixinAg said:

The worst and most inconsistent position on our defense is Linebacker. This has been the case for 3 years straight.

only thing Chavis has done was improve the first year here. when it was so horrible only way to go was up. And now it's right back to where it was. in the crapper.

if you are going to use total yards to define the ranking then argue so based on scoring then you should probably use the scoring defense as the metric. It makes you sound less dumb.
2thFixinAg
Ragoo said:

2thFixinAg said:

if you are going to use total yards to define the ranking then argue so based on scoring then you should probably use the scoring defense as the metric. It makes you sound less dumb.
If i changed the word scoring to "total" and give you a Midol will that ease your angst?
WTF95
If hes a miss for us, he's a miss for a lot of d1 programs. I'm good with whatever Chief thinks.

Ragoo
AG
2thFixinAg said:

Ragoo said:

2thFixinAg said:

If i changed the word scoring to "total" and give you a Midol will that ease your angst?
scoring points is what matters most and chavis was top 40 with a bunch of injuries the second half of the season. Outside of LSU we played worse teams post bama and our scoring defense dropped from top 25. Chavis didn't suddenly forget how to scheme.
2thFixinAg
Ragoo said:

2thFixinAg said:

Ragoo said:

2thFixinAg said:

scoring points is what matters most and chavis was top 40 with a bunch of injuries the second half of the season. Outside of LSU we played worse teams post bama and our scoring defense dropped from top 25. Chavis didn't suddenly forget how to scheme.
scoring defense is misleading for us due to the three patsies we played. Those teams often are kicking field goals if they are scoring at all because they simply can't drive a football field without screwing up against superior competition.

Toss out the non conference patsies and Chavis' defense sucked. resting in the 40s in scoring when a big reason is because we held Prairie View to 0... is kinda dumb.

Even taking into consideration that SC sucked and UCLA sucked with 4 wins total. even including them and tossing out the prairie view, utsa, and NM state... then our scoring defense was over 30. Big difference.

Our OOC schedule hides how bad Sumlin really is. False sense of security in an 8 win season. .500 conference gets us there. 4th or 5th in the division. If it wasn't for consistently beating arkansas we'd really be in the crapper.

As far as Chavis goes LSU was happy to get rid of him and they upgraded their defensive coach when he left. and ill say it again. He's also the LB position coach. LB is inarguably the overall worst position we have. Chavis hasn't done crapola. If it wasn't for having the likely #1 NFL draft pick on the D line we'd have been totally effed.
cevans_40
AG
If you toss out all the good games and keep the bad ones, we really sucked
12thmanfootball
AG
This to me is a perfect example of taking a chance on a underrated guy who is an defensive standout and apparent hustle machine in games (i.e. a playmaker). Versus taking another pretty boy WR with high stars.
FishingAggie
Tu is scrambling to fill their class. They are taking all comers right now.

You have to believe a guy with Chief's experience has looked at and evaluated this young man. He passed for someone better. That's his job. Im pretty sure chief knows what he's doing.

Let's see how signing day goes.
AnalogyAg
looks good to me. not sure what yall think u see re "stiffness" or inflexibility.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.