Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Major Applewhite's strong expectations.

5,249 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BSCE84ag
jpbrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Houston board chair: Applewhite 'better win 9, 10, 11 games a year'
Alex ChippinDec 9 2016, 1:40 PM
Never one to hide his feelings, Houston board of regents chair Tilman Fertitta issued a stern warning to new head coach Major Applewhite, hours after the program announced his promotion from offensive coordinator.

"I think you can look forward to Major being here for many years, but he better win nine, 10, 11 games a year, too, from our standpoint," he told reporters Friday afternoon. "We did get rid of a coach that won eight games three years ago, don't ever forget that. We expect to win at the University of Houston."
Schrute
Quote:

We expect to win at the University of Houston

Yell Practice
It's the first head coaching job for the 38-year-old Applewhite
brotheraggie
Good Luck Major!!
PaRappa

Quote:

"We did get rid of a coach that won eight games three years ago, don't ever forget that. We expect to win at the University of Houston."
They ended up with the Gordita Hunter because no smart up-and-coming coach is going to sign a ridiculous buyout to handcuff themselves to UH. If the coogs were smart, they would have kept the buyout low and got another top candidate instead of Tony Levine Part II. They are always going to be a stepping stone. The Big 12 made sure of that. At least they could keep a string of good coaches coming through.
Kool
AG
Sweet meme
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ian Neff
AG
PaRappa said:

Quote:

"We did get rid of a coach that won eight games three years ago, don't ever forget that. We expect to win at the University of Houston."
They ended up with the Gordita Hunter because no smart up-and-coming coach is going to sign a ridiculous buyout to handcuff themselves to UH. If the coogs were smart, they would have kept the buyout low and got another top candidate instead of Tony Levine Part II. They are always going to be a stepping stone. The Big 12 made sure of that. At least they could keep a string of good coaches coming through.

Gordita Hunter.
Hol
E
Hell
AgPediRPh
AG
Gordita Hunter!
supper
jpbrad said:

Houston board chair: Applewhite 'better win 9, 10, 11 games a year'
Alex ChippinDec 9 2016, 1:40 PM
Never one to hide his feelings, Houston board of regents chair Tilman Fertitta issued a stern warning to new head coach Major Applewhite, hours after the program announced his promotion from offensive coordinator.

"I think you can look forward to Major being here for many years, but he better win nine, 10, 11 games a year, too, from our standpoint," he told reporters Friday afternoon. "We did get rid of a coach that won eight games three years ago, don't ever forget that. We expect to win at the University of Houston."

Higher expectations than A&M. Sad.
spence10
AG
If Applewhite exceeds Strong expectations the sips might go 6-6
TangoMike
Yell Practice said:

It's the first head coaching job for the 38-year-old Applewhite
Why did you bold random words?

Nevermind, I see it's Yell Practice. You'll bump this random thread in July of 2019 with a random "Happy Kwanzaa, Ags"
Meximan
A Major hire with Major expectations. Hopefully it won't be a Major bust or Majorly bad things might happen. Blatant pun.
Kool
AG
jpbrad said:

Yep. Just like Cougar High got rid of the bdf because they had bigger plans. And just like I kicked Kate Upton out of my bed this morning because she had bad breath.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Olsen
AG
UH is an 8 win team next season...
Mike Elko
AG
Gordita Hunter!

I went to school with his wife from elementary thru high school. Classless move on Opie's part. Really surprised it didn't end his coaching career. Buena suerte, mofo.
85Photon
AG
supper said:

Right, because our schedules are soooo similar.
Krazykat
AG
JJ85 Reveille said:

supper said:

So we should expect less because we are in a tougher conference? BS! That's what's wrong with the football culture at A&M. We have low expectations for our team. We need to demand MORE out of this program. It doesn't matter who we play. We EXPECT to win every game because losing sucks!
Spyderman
AG
University of Houston
TMartin
Red didn't want Charlie and Tillman didn't want Major.....American Billionaires
Cappy407
AG
jjmanzano said:

Gordita Hunter!

Someone better register that domain before Brazzers does! Seems to really capture two niches.
Cappy407
AG
"I think you can look forward to Major being here for many years"

Translation: Win and you're stuck here. No one is touching the buyout we slapped on you.

"But he better win nine, 10, 11 games a year, too, from our standpoint,"

Translation: Lose and you're fired.

Sounds like a great deal, Major!
JustisWalkert
AG
Not exactly the vote of confidence I would have hoped for if I were Major.
03_Aggie
Racist
Hoss
AG
Wrangler said:

JJ85 Reveille said:

supper said:

So we should expect less because we are in a tougher conference? BS! That's what's wrong with the football culture at A&M. We have low expectations for our team. We need to demand MORE out of this program. It doesn't matter who we play. We EXPECT to win every game because losing sucks!

Hulk angry.
ashley
When we are no good it's so much fun to make fun of others.
Red Rover
AG
Not bolding random words. It's because Major has been trained in a variety of positions but never received head coaching position before. Comprende?
TangoMike
Red Rover said:

Not bolding random words. It's because Major has been trained in a variety of positions but never received head coaching position before. Comprende?
Uh, the words "coaching" and "Applewhite" were both bolded. You really can't get any more random than that
MaroonMachine
Good luck Major! One sip I have always liked. Also think he got the raw end of the deal due to Chrissy Sims. Applewhite was a far better QB.
Krazykat
AG
Hoss said:

Wrangler said:

JJ85 Reveille said:

supper said:

Hulk angry.
Damn straight! Why isn't everyone else angry? I want to see an Aggie National Championship in my lifetime.
dcbowers
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Gordita Hunter!

I went to school with his wife from elementary thru high school. Classless move on Opie's part. Really surprised it didn't end his coaching career. Buena suerte, mofo.

I read that as he had a wife from elementary thru high school. That would have been something.
BSCE84ag
AG
Don't care.. Sip and Cougar High
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.